Product Comparison: LG 34UC89G-B vs LG 34UC79G-B
- Playing on this screen is amazing, because of the curved screen you feel inside the game.
- Great monitor and the price is fantastic for what you are getting.
- The size is nice, and the resolution is surprisingly decent for 1080p.
- It's the perfect resolution. It paired so beautifully with my 1080ti.
- This monitor performed out the box hands down the best I'm running 2560x1080p resolution and have it overclocked to 166 hrz this thing is a monster.
- 2k resolution if nice to have for viewing and nice to have for FPS for the games.
- This resolution allows you to actually take advantage of the 144 hz refresh rate and freesync.
- This monitor's resolution and colors are amazing! Refresh rates are great too, no issues here!
- 2K resolution. I was using MacBook Pro 15" with Retina display with Bootcamp Windows 7 and I was shocked how much desktop space I lost.
- Not as bright as TN, but that is expected.
- The color on this monitor is excellent.
- The game presets offer nice vivid colors and the 144hz makes everything really nice and smooth.
- It's an IPS panel, colors are great and the image has a nice "pop".
- The 144Hz G-Sync works great with my NVIDIA gpu, and the IPS display has great color accuracy for every game I've tried.
- This monitor is simply amazing. The colors, expansive view and quality is top notch.
- The slight curve makes games really immersive.
- Not sure why others are complaining, but the brightness on my panel is just fine! (just dont select preset fps modes, custom tune everything and enable FreeSync manually)
- Incredibly precise contrast, wasn't sure what "Mega" Conrast Ratio meant from the specs but apparently it's 1mil+ to 1 ratio.
- Bleeding on the corners when all black screen, welcome to IPS.
- The brightness is a little bit less than my last monitor and most other IPS panels but still plenty bright enough to use in a well lit room.
- The OSD is snappy and easily navigable via the little joystick nub.
- I absolutely love this monitor. The arc, the small bezel, the 166hz refresh rate, colors, g sync, and ultrawide awesomeness.
- Great colors. High refresh rate is great for gaming. Great for Photo Editing and Video work. Nice and bright.
- The monitor has been great so far I've had no problems at all. The picture, color and size of this monitor are excellent.
- When the stand sits straight centered towards me on my desk the monitor swivels to the right.
- The back of the panel has a standard 100x100mm VESA mount pattern, which I am using instead of the included stand.
- The frame makes this monitor appear nearly bezel-less. It looks very nice.
- Out of the box I am loving it, setup was easy and it's gorgeous.
- Another awesome feature is LG's desktop controls.
- The monitor has volume control and audio output for headphones and for external audio systems, but does not have speakers.
- I'm using DisplayPort to connect this monitor and turned off the laptop screen. Everything work amazing.
- The monitor has excellent outputs for easy connection.
- I like that I can connect USB device directly to the monitor, excellent USB ports.
- If you use the HDMI connection then you are limited to 60 fps.
- USB ports and aux port not working on back of monitor.
- There are 3 connections in the back, 2 of which are HDMI; while the third is a Display port. It is convenient to switch between 3 devices, so that's a good thing.
- There is also a USB hub with 2 ports; one of them is a fast charging port; and support USB 3.0.
- Came with 1x HDMI and 1x DP cable. I used the provided DP cable to get the 144hz.
- 2 hdmi slots, can attach up to two computers and switch between.
- Doesn't include b-type USB cord to feed the on-board ports (cheap solution and shouldn't be a game-changer).