Product Comparison: ViewSonic VP2458 vs ViewSonic VP2468
- This Viewsonic has more resolution, at least as good colours, and, as far as I can see, has no problem pixels.
- The picture quality is exceptional especially at the price.
- Response rate was acceptable for a casual gamer such as myself.
- The quality is excellent and it doesn't have any refresh or lag issues.
- The size is perfect, for me at least, and I absolutely love it!
- It's a WQHD monitor (2560x1440 in 16:9 format) so watching high def videos and streaming movies to it wasn't a problem.
- Unless you want an excellent monitor. This is an amazing all around monitor, I really like it. Gamers might complain about the pixel response time, no one else will notice it.
- This is a wonderful and huge screen monitor. It's like watching the best TV ever! It's crystal clear and makes everything larger than life!
- This is actually a big if, as higher resolution and larger monitors are what I'd buy for most of my tasks.
- I look at very detailed text on this monitor for at least 8 hours every day. I experience no eyestrain at all. The monitor's resolution is perfect. Great color too.
- The panel itself looks great, with minimal borders and no branding on the front.
- The viewing angles are perfect and the anti-glare coating works well.
- It was easy to set up and the image quality excellent.
- The contrast and brightness settings were well graduated and effective with the lighting conditions.
- Minimal setup and easy menus. Excellent contrast.
- I'm not a professional photographer but I am a stickler for quality and I like that the colors on the screen are exactly what you get at the printer.
- A great choice as I am replacing a ten year old monitor. The clarity is terrific. Highly recommend.
- These border-less monitors look great and perform well and allows for color matching across spectrum. Calibrating these monitors are a snap.
- Fantastic color and sharpness. I am using this for editing with Avid and FCP X. Assembles easy and has a great number of inputs and outputs.
- Unfortunately, the monitor exhibits fairly bad intensity variations across its surface.
- Good build quality and great feature set.
- The build quality is excellent. The stand and monitor is highly adjustable and stable.
- Seems well suited for professional photographers and video editors. The menu options are extensive.
- It has an adequate refresh, and lots of features.
- The buttons are very badly designed so using the menus is not easy.
- The VP2468 has a easy to use on screen display and 6 different preset color modes based on your usage.
- The monitor's menu system is rather odd, in my opinion. But having to choose between a factory color mode and a custom mode and a calibrated setting is not intuitive.
- The monitor is easy to adjust for viewing. It tilts, swivels, pivots 90 degrees (landscape or portrait mode) and the height can be adjusted about 5 inches.
- I like the adjustments, especially that you can swivel it without moving the base. It'll tilt, swivel and raise or lower to any position you may want.
- Power button broke after less than three months, and I don't see any way of disassembling it to see if the hardware button still works.
- Connectivity is excellent. Worked with Netflix Windows 10 app streaming a 4K movie.
- The monitor has a couple of different options for video connection.
- This monitor has very good quality and has connections for both HDMI and DisplayPort.
- Excellent I/O and connectivity options. Great monitor.
- Loved that this had the big three for me, HDMI, DisplayPort and VGA connections.
- Works great with Macbook and photo apps (Lightroom, Photoshop, OSx photos, etc.) as well as all the other day-to-day apps. And the USB port is remarkably convenient for all those devices.
- I measure the current for the USB ports at only 0.5Amp, so not appropriate for charging a phone or tablet.
- It is a well made device. Thought has gone into the placement on ports and buttons on the back. My HDMI connection to the computer is a breeze.
- What isn't so good is the lack of instruction to connect this to the computer. My previous Viewsonics were plug and play so no problem. This one is not.
- This model does not support 2 DisplayPort monitors at the same time.