Product Comparison: LG 34UC88 vs LG 34UC98-W
- Great size, clear picture, brilliant colors. I write software, do visualization, and work with large datasets/spreadsheets and the wide format is fantastic.
- They monitors have a great resolution and I was skeptical on the curve thing but i love it now.
- Video editing never was easier with this monitor and the the resolution is just amazing.
- This monitor is a great size and I LOVE the curve but it's just not high enough resolution. It almost hurts my eyes to read text on it.
- On the 4K the pixel density was so high I had to increase the font size, so the increased resolution did not provide amazing gains. And this monitor isn't a lot less resolution than 4k.
- Amazing picture quality. I've used it for programming, web browsing, gaming, and a movie, so far, with no complaints.
- Great color quality out of the box and at all viewing angles
- "IPS glow" isn't as bad as other IPS monitors. Pretty good when viewing from a normal angle. Can play dark games (Elite: Dangerous) without any real issue.
- It’s a view beautiful monitor but it seems quality control is lacking. My monitor suffered from very bad back light bleed near the top center.
- At maximum brightness, it doesn't have that vivid, crystal clear look.
- Curve is excellent. Immersive in games, makes for a great 'double desktop' experience for work.
- Sound is quality, as I don't run external speakers and don't need anything too deafening.
- Build-in stand is nice, and I love the design.
- Everything just works. I loved also the PBP feature which display two different outputs in a split screen.
- The audio was only average at best - maxed out volume for 7 watt speakers should sound better - so if you don't have external speakers, you will probably need them.
- It’s nice that they bundled a DisplayPort cable, but then it dawned on me, that my Mac Mini and Surface 3 use Thunderbolt / mini DisplayPort connections.
- I got these monitors because my Mac Thunderbolt monitors were getting funky with the ports. I settled on these because they have a Thunderbolt daisy chain connection for the video.
- I've yet to test the thunderbolt ports for video! But the harddrive is running super fast and the monitor is just well, AMAZING!!
- They have display port and 2 HDMIs with a USB 3.0 hub to boot.
- Really bad image ghosting, USB ports loose power. Very poor customer service from LG.