Product Comparison: LG 27UD58-B vs Samsung U28E590D
- Obviously, you can fit a lot more on one screen which might make it possible for users to reduce a 2-3 monitor setup to a 1-2 monitor setup.
- Brilliant. Easy connection to MacBook Pro 13" (using Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable). The Mac recognizes its highest resolution. Everything interacts perfectly.
- Outstanding clarity- able to read extremely small text on screen.
- Amazing 4K display. I have two of them and they are working nicely with my 2016 MacBook Pro.
- If you're looking to upgrade your existing monitor with a super high-resolution, value monitor, then get this one. Great for Macs! Just turn off Super Resolution, and keep the rest of the settings at default.
- Fantastic picture and resolution. Great refresh rate, works very well for my gaming needs
- This new one can handle any level of resolution I want to push from my machine and has an incredible refresh rate for gaming. Highly recommend, especially at the price.
- This monitor is very fast and has no delay time and has very good lighting
- This Monior is fantastic. It has a great picture, FPS is superb, and the attention to details in gaming as well as other tasks looks superb. Highly recommend.
- This monitor is all that the marketing propaganda says that it will be. Crystal clear image and decent refresh rate.
- The Samsung U28E590D delivers great picture at this resolution, but I am returning it for ergonomic reasons and will find a better deal for 2K screen.
- Colors are rich and image is detailed Size and weight are perfect to wipe away any desire for a heavier, bigger laptop. Mutilscreen software works nicely.
- Bright and sharp colors. Beautiful, smooth-rendered text. Eye-popping still images and video (which I work a lot with).
- The monitor arrived and is functional. The picture is crisp and bright, and I can see no light bleeding at the edge.
- Mild rainbow-effect on white backgrounds is noticeable when closer than 3ft with my vision, thanks to the LCD finish. Not bad, but not great either.
- It's bright enough, but 300 candellas might be better than the 250.
- Color is too warm, can not be correct using monitor or OS calibration, reducing the warmth makes the picture dimmer /gray
- I am a designer and require my monitor to be able to handle color effectively. This monitor is outstanding in low light conditions and renders text and graphics so crisply.
- This monitor is very easy on my eyes and is very well defined with the picture quality.
- The image on this monitor is super crisp. I use it for both work and gaming. Spreadsheets look great and games look awesome.
- This is a great monitor - excellent brightness and very nice color reproduction.
- Haven’t had enough time to really enjoy. I am having a hard time trying to get the colors right. Right now picture editing is difficult. My screen on my laptop and screen on the monitor are very different.
- I like the control knob on the bottom. It is much better than controls on the back of the monitor which are hard to get to and not as ugly as a bunch of buttons on the front of the monitor.
- Well designed on screen menu, I like the single button and joystick in one for choosing, navigating the menu, rather than most monitors that have 6+ buttons on them.
- One plus that I didn't know is that my old monitors output a lot of heat, making summer a dreadful place to be. This monitor is nice and just mildly above room temp. Love it!
- Has an anti-glare coating (it's not very aggressive like some I've seen, but still can cause slight distortion when viewed from above/below at extreme angles)
- The speakers are not the greatest. I would recommend either using headphones or getting external speakers if you need sound (my preference).
- The stand that this monitor comes with is actually pretty bad. If you bump your desk or if you are pounding away at your keyboard, you will definitely notice the monitor slightly shaking.
- Good value for the money. Great design and features. Stand could be a little stronger.
- Love this thing. No speaker, it also tilts downwards a little bit and you can adjust it. Great picture however
- Everything is great about this monitor. The only thing it is missing is adjusting its height
- Great screen but doesn’t go to sleep when my iMac shuts off. Keeps power cycling. Need to manually turn off every time I go away from desk
- Only slight negative I can say for some is the vesa mount is near top of monitor, so I had to move my mount on the wall from previous monitor height. In my case wasn't too much of issue for me.
- Two HDMI and a display port is great for hooking up different things to the monitor without having to get behind it and switch the cables around each time you need to switch the output device.
- If you're using it with a retina MacBook Pro, make sure to use a Thunderbolt (mini DisplayPort) to DisplayPort cable to get a 60Hz refresh rate.
- There are a few HDMI (2)/Display port (1) inputs on the back so this monitor can support multiple source inputs simultaneously if needed.
- Only 3 inputs, 2 hdmi and 1 display-port (would have liked 1 more display-port)
- Easy setup off my HP Laptop with an HDMI port. Beautiful picture that I have taken advantage of doing video publishing from my Drone Business.
- Colors and brightness are good. Plug and play on NVidia with display port, virtually no setup. No dead pixels and nice, crisp image.
- I had no problems using this with a amd R9 390p xfx running 4k at 60hz using display port.
- Dual inputs, switching between sources via the manual control on the back is awkward, and the lack of any access to digital audio is a distinct disadvantage.
- If you're using HDMI, use port #2, as that's the one that will give you 60hz. The other is at 30hz, which is slow enough that your mouse cursor seems to "skip frames" when moving it around.