Product Comparison: Dell U3415W vs Dell U3417W-1
- Ability to overclock the display to 75Hz on Windows 10 remains an open secret killer feature not found on other models.
- This monitor is beautiful. Both the monitor as a whole and the display are extremely pleasant to look at.
- The resolution is nice, although I wish it was a full 4k instead of only about 2k.
- This monitor is only 60hz, but a search online revealed that some are able to overclock the monitor to 75hz with a custom setting in the Nvidia control panel.
- The monitor doesn’t seem to automatically adjust the display resolution as nicely or as smoothly as it should.
- HDR does work, its a setting in the preset color option, using a ps4 pro with it.
- If you can find games and movies that support 21:9, or if you don't mind spending the time to make certain titles cooperate, this will be a much better experience than a 4k monitor at 16:9.
- Extremely bright - I'm running @ 55 brightness, 60 contrast in a room that is brightly lit by indirect daylight.
- Can see a warm and cool lights emmiting from the edge of the screed if a black or verry dark image appears. its a little destracting, it moves with your fov, unknown how it works.
- There is in fact light bleed and IPS glow, but the issue isn't anywhere as bad as some of these other reviews make it out to be (at least on the monitor I received).
- The curve doesn't distort images in any way and does in fact improve my viewing experience. The corners of large, flat displays seem so distant now.
- Matte, anti-glare finish doesn't seem to diminish picture or clarity in any way. I work in a VERY bright room.
- The built in speakers are pretty lackluster, but they're not awful and I'll use them when I don't feel like using my headphones.
- Speakers are decent but you will probably not be using them.
- Speakers are loud but audio quality is poor.
- If sound is channeld through the hdmi and out the monitors 3.5mm output, it will use all dual channel frequencies (44.1kHz - 192kHz) of linear pcm.
- Built in USB switching between 2 different computers that can be associated to different video inputs. Switching is very fast.
- Came with all necessary cables to get you up and running. Has display port and HDMI only. If your video card has DVI, you need to get a new video card.
- Wish the USB switching allowed for switching between more than 2 inputs.
- The monitor has plenty of inputs, especially with the USB ports but unfortunately, the monitor only has one HDMI port making the dual computer setup a bit more complicated.