Product Comparison: Samsung U28E850R vs Samsung U28E590D
- This thing is able to put out 3840 x 2160 as its native setting, which is 4K, and it shows the minute you turn it on.
- A superb 4K picture with sharpness and clarity that I've never seen before.
- Great monitor for the money. The resolution is very good, and the color is acceptable.
- The build quality is great, performance is also very good, 4K resolution is very sharp.
- Excellent image with 4K resolution and low input lag.
- Fantastic picture and resolution. Great refresh rate, works very well for my gaming needs
- This new one can handle any level of resolution I want to push from my machine and has an incredible refresh rate for gaming. Highly recommend, especially at the price.
- This monitor is very fast and has no delay time and has very good lighting
- This Monior is fantastic. It has a great picture, FPS is superb, and the attention to details in gaming as well as other tasks looks superb. Highly recommend.
- This monitor is all that the marketing propaganda says that it will be. Crystal clear image and decent refresh rate.
- The Samsung U28E590D delivers great picture at this resolution, but I am returning it for ergonomic reasons and will find a better deal for 2K screen.
- The picture quality is definitely excellent - and it is a relaxation to work on a matte screen.
- This monitor is very good. Amazing colors and viewing angles.
- Super colors, very ergonomic and easily adjustable in all directions.
- This display doesn't have the best contrast in comparison to my previous display.
- As soon as you look a bit obliquely from the side, a white background immediately gets a brown / bronze cast.
- I am a designer and require my monitor to be able to handle color effectively. This monitor is outstanding in low light conditions and renders text and graphics so crisply.
- This monitor is very easy on my eyes and is very well defined with the picture quality.
- The image on this monitor is super crisp. I use it for both work and gaming. Spreadsheets look great and games look awesome.
- This is a great monitor - excellent brightness and very nice color reproduction.
- Haven’t had enough time to really enjoy. I am having a hard time trying to get the colors right. Right now picture editing is difficult. My screen on my laptop and screen on the monitor are very different.
- The physical design of the monitor is very, very nice. The stand is very sturdy.
- Excellent monitor. Love the ability to adjust the screen up, down, or tilt.
- Offers a very decent large picture for office applications and functions such as picture-in-picture etc.
- I like the height adjustment, because I can put my Mac underneath and the built-in LCD practically stops underneath if you tilt it a bit.
- Workmanship is very good, it is very well rotatable, swiveling and height adjustable.
- Good value for the money. Great design and features. Stand could be a little stronger.
- Love this thing. No speaker, it also tilts downwards a little bit and you can adjust it. Great picture however
- Everything is great about this monitor. The only thing it is missing is adjusting its height
- Great screen but doesn’t go to sleep when my iMac shuts off. Keeps power cycling. Need to manually turn off every time I go away from desk
- Only slight negative I can say for some is the vesa mount is near top of monitor, so I had to move my mount on the wall from previous monitor height. In my case wasn't too much of issue for me.
- Great thing about this monitor is that comes equipped with virtually every attachment port possible.
- It has great connectivity of 2x HDMI, DP and mini-DP.
- I really appreciate, that Samsung added USB 3.0 hub for this monitor.
- Hooking this up to my Mac Pro Retina is a no-brainer, either using the DP connector that comes with the monitor or use a HDMI connector.
- Great monitor. Satisfied me with addition of the mini DP port.
- Easy setup off my HP Laptop with an HDMI port. Beautiful picture that I have taken advantage of doing video publishing from my Drone Business.
- Colors and brightness are good. Plug and play on NVidia with display port, virtually no setup. No dead pixels and nice, crisp image.
- I had no problems using this with a amd R9 390p xfx running 4k at 60hz using display port.
- Dual inputs, switching between sources via the manual control on the back is awkward, and the lack of any access to digital audio is a distinct disadvantage.
- If you're using HDMI, use port #2, as that's the one that will give you 60hz. The other is at 30hz, which is slow enough that your mouse cursor seems to "skip frames" when moving it around.