Product Comparison: Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 vs Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX95
- I am so pleased with this purchase and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a 10-cup capacity machine with insulated carafe.
- It runs quiet, has a good capacity, and since the carafe is basically a thermos, it'll keep your coffee hotter for longer than a regular maker.
- I do enjoy the beep that is made once coffee is ready. The timer for freshness is useless for me as I almost immediately pour the coffee into my travel mug. However, that timer might be useful for households with varying schedules.
- It has a timer to preset the night before so coffee is ready when we have those early early morning.
- It beeps loud when done brewing and for the Freshness Timer. Can't turn that off.
- I found since it brews so quick I had to increase my coffee scoops from 6 to 8. Which makes me realize just how slow my last one was taking.
- The timer is quick and easy to set (or change, since my start times fluctuate).
- High brewing temp, good carafe thermal retention, fast brew full pot.
- Large Carafe that keeps coffee hot for quite awhile.
- I like that it is programmable and the programming is easy to use and works well.
- It does have a strong metallic smell (and taste) at first. However, I left it open to air as much as possible when I first got it and the metallic taste was gone before the first week was out.
- The maker has a timer that tells you when your coffee is two hours old. Just a useless, unnecessary feature to me.
- Very durable, the right size, and no leaking anywhere.
- The size was good, the water reservoir is removable for easy filling.
- I love the size and ease of use of this coffee maker.
- The one thing I'm not crazy about is the size - this thing is large.
- Overall size of coffee maker and removable sections isn't practical for small counter spaces.
- The size! It's a freakin' monster, it fits under standard height cabinets.
- Perfect size for us. Love the easy to fill water container.
- This coffeemaker is large and heavy and really stylish and good looking.
- The best part is the carafe which is heavy duty but light and easy to move around when using.
- It's huge. Seriously, huge. The removable parts mean you don't have to pull it out from under the cabinet to use, however it's so big that the steam output comes directly under the cabinet.
- Removable water reservoir means it can be kept MUCH cleaner, easily. Just rinse it out at the sink.
- Depending on how much coffee is in the pot, it can stay hot several hours. I've actually poured a cup in mid-afternoon and it was still hot.
- I like the display setting. The keep warm minute timer is awesome.
- Has a self cleaning system and it reminds you when the cleaning is due. (uses vinegar and water to clean out the internals just like cleaning any other coffee pot).
- Condensation drips when you first remove the carafe after coffee is made.
- It is hard to empty the coffee filter when using the water filtration disc. It loads from the side of the machine.
- Pours much slower when using the lid. If you really have a problem then just take the lid off when pouring.
- Filling from the removable water reservoir allows me to store this machine under cabinets without having to move the machine out from under the cabinets.
- The lift-away reservoir makes filling super easy from the fridge dispenser eliminating the need for the extra water filter that comes with the pot.
- Delayed Brew enables you to make the coffee the night before and the machine automatically brews it whenever you set it to.
- It looks cool and is very easy to program and use. No instructions necessary (but I read anyway just in case.)
- Convenience. Being able to remove the water holder is a great feature, as is being able to remove the basket holder. Note that the basket holder is wet after making coffee (even for a day or two after) so it will drip when removed.
- The lid for the water reservoir is not hinged - it just sits on top. Not a big deal - but would be nice if it were attached to the reservoir or the machine.
- The filter basket cannot be left open to air dry. You have to have it completely removed from the machine to let the filter dry out to prevent mold - or remove the filter and let it dry separately.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91
Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX95