Product Comparison: Bonavita BV1900TS vs Technivorm Moccamaster KBG (59616)
- Consistent 195 to 200 degree water from the showerhead. Carafe keeps coffee hot for 3-4 hours.
- Brews coffee at the perfect temperature (91c / 195f) and heats the water extremely quickly.
- Ease of use - pour water in reservoir, put filter in basket, put ground coffee in filter, put basket on pot, put pot back on brewer, turn machine on.
- Its really noisy during the coffee making process.
- Not programmable (you can't wake up to already - done coffee, if that's important to you), but this is offset by really fast brewing.
- There is no timer function to auto brew for you in the morning.
- As many have noted, the 10-cup capacity feels a bit limiting by American expectations but it is enough for the three morning coffee drinkers in our house.
- The capacity of a 10 European cup Moccamaster, their (and other European coffeemakers) most popular size in Europe, is 1.25 liter (42 fl. oz.), which is very close to an 8 cup USA maker (capacity 1.2 liter (40 fl. oz.)).
- You should be aware that this machine is designed for Europe and does brew less than typical U.S. built coffee makers. It will brew 10 "European" cups, or 40 ounces of coffee.
- The pot and capacity are much smaller (maybe 4 US cups), but I think it is worth it
- My only complaint is it holds 10 cups; I'd love a larger capacity, but the ones available are too tall for my kitchen.
- Size - it doesn't take much space to brew a great cup of coffee.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of counter space but considering you have to store the lid or basket separately and I’m now considering purchasing a small pitcher to fill it since the carafe makes such a mess, I’m not really sure it matters that the unit is fairly small.
- It is also lighter weight than I expected.
- The carafe is heavier and more bulky than a glass carafe.
- Caraffe is big and slightly heavy/bulky.
- Still ample size for a few large mugs of coffee. Perfect size and less than 5 minutes till next pot...It's a Dutch pot (seems slightly more fragile than heartier competitors) but nice feel.
- I was concerned that the smaller pot size might be an issue. Its not. The machine brews so fast that its a complete non-issue. I actually like the smaller size because i get two fresh pots in the morning rather that one that sits for a couple of hours on the burner.
- It is unbelievably engineered, very well constructed, and genius design. It is very light weight for easy mobility.
- One note is that the cup size is for a European sized cup of coffee not our gigantic mugs.
- The parts seem flimsy and I am afraid something will break. The cord, however, is huge and industrial sized.
- Optional pre-infusion mode during brew (have to turn the setting on).
- Easy cleanup - rinse everything when done and let dry. Note from the manual, do not use harsh abrasive's to clean carafe. That means steel wool is not an option. Also, the lid and shower head of the coffee brewer are removable, albeit not easily, and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- It's set to a good temperature for drinking it black, but it's just hot enough that you can let it sit for a few minutes and it won't get cold.
- The carafe is awful. It keeps the coffee warm but the lid is simply a poor design and prevents you from pouring the last couple ounces of coffee out causing you to remove the lid.
- No adjustments; one temperature setting.
- Only has 8 cup capacity (just enough for my two morning mugs and a lunchtime cup).
- This design makes it easy to access the water tank to fill and easy to replace the filter and grounds.
- Sometimes I make a small amount, other times a larger amount and it performs well no matter the amount I make.
- This is the best coffee maker available. Its perfection is in its simplicity... no unnecessary gadgetry or gimmicks... just 2 switches (on/off and high/low temp), a copper heating element, replaceable parts, and the best tasting coffee you've ever had.
- The warmer plate is fantastic keeps it warm and does not overheat it.
- It's so easy to use, and clean up is simple. And the coffee is nice and hot, just the way I like it.
Technivorm Moccamaster KBG (59616)