Product Comparison: Breville BEM600XL vs KitchenAid KSM150PS
- Mixer has excellent power and good mixing capability.
- Offset of blades in mixer bowl makes for less having to scrape sides
- It has many speeds which are electronic and high and low.
- Had plenty of power for mixing cookie dough, blades easily unsnapped for cleaning (licking), and smaller mixer size was a plus in my tiny kitchen.
- Too many tiny parts on the beaters. They are very difficult to get clean
- Two motors. What happens if the bowl turner dies? Sure, it can be used as a $25 hand mixer, but it's heavy in that capacity.
- Works as it should, and is pretty powerful to work through that thicker dough type recipes
- It has the power to mix heavy dough like bread with ease.
- The stand mixer is so much more powerful, and you can multitask, plus I can buy more attachments for the motor. I just wish I hadn't waited all of these years to enjoy the experience!
- I especially love the flat paddle beater because it scrapes off so much easier than old regular dual beaters where the dough gets all in-between
- I also noticed that when it was on the highest speed, it would "jump" and the bowl seemed not to want to stay in its place.
- I was searching for a mixer that is lighter and took up less room than a KitchenAid. This is a great appliance!
- It is especially good for apartment dwellers with smaller kitchens.
- I needed the small size and weight, so it's uniquely useful to me
- This mixer is light weight and easy to use.
- It is heavy but for me this is a plus, I never worry about what it can handle and it does not walk on the counter.
- It is extremely durable and the easiest kitchen appliance to clean!
- It is non stick which makes it amazing and easy when it comes to cleaning!
- Only con is the weight as it's hard to lift for someone who cannot lift heavy of awkward objects. It weighs about 17 pounds, which could present a problem for some people.
- The flimsy pouring shield does not fit well, must be held in place & allows both dry & wet ingredients to fly out every where.
- It has 12 speeds and the 1st speed is very low, which is nice when beating in dry ingredients so they don't get blown out of the bowl. It's also nice how the speed increases slowly and speed 12 is very powerful.
- The added timer on the digital speed display is a bonus. I will note that the digital speed display is difficult to see when one is short.
- The choice of various speeds with the boost is a good feature as well. I definitely recommend this appliance.
- Top buttons that run the beaters are not easy to operate. Takes two pushes to start the beaters. One is the on-off slider, and then you have to keep hitting the + or - button to increase or decrease speed
- Doesn't clean the bottom of the bowl under the beaters, so you have to stop the motor and raise the beaters to scrape underneath.
- The controls are fool-proof and clean up is a breeze!
- The black numbers on the speed control are easy to read.
- Love the speed control as I'm adding my ingredients.
- Only issue is l'm left handed, so the controls are awkward.
- The controls are hard to see on the side making it difficult to change settings.
- The mixer part separates from the stand so it can be used as a hand mixer. This makes it very easy to store.
- The blades are powered by a motor and the stand is powered by a separate motor which makes the bowl go around.
- Supplied spatula fits well with bowl and is sturdy.
- Love the offset bowl which is super for adding ingredients without stopping the mixer or making a mess.
- Nice mixer but the beaters started rusting after 4 uses...maybe it was a lemon.
- The plastic bowl rim allows the addition of dry powers without dust flying everywhere.
- With attachments you can make various pastas, sausages, chop, grind... It is a multi-functional kitchen tool I would not like to be without.
- As for covering the bowl - this mixer only has one beater, one whisk and one dough hook but it covers the bowl better than a regular two beater, whisk, dough hook mixer can!
- Love the attachements and especially the dough hook, since I love making bread.
- The problem was with the bowl. The bowl shed metal into the food while mixing.
- Love the mixer, but hate the new cheapie wire whip.tThis new one has a cheaper, lightweight one that can't be washed in dishwasher, and made my mashed potatoes turn black.