Product Comparison: Fiio E7 vs Fiio E07K
- Its serves well as on outboard DAC for computers and other sources able to output digital stream to the FiiO.
- For the most part, this amp does what it says it does. It does sound very good!
- As for the actual sound quality, using it as a DAC from my Macbook Pro and hooking a pair of AKG K240 and I was really pleased with the outcome.
- Worried wouldn't be loud enough but it's great. Highly recommend.
- The FiiO E7 is a vast improvement over my ThinkPad's internal sound card. The sound has more texture, more detail, better bass and greater openness.
- Note one side of this is an amp and the other a DAC. The DAC translated your music to your headphones. Amp this side just make big sound. Perfect.
- Great portable DAC that will work with your smartphone and sound great with a pair of nice headphones, you can't beat this thing for the price.
- LOVE THIS AMP! This is seriously a great piece of kit for the money. I use it as a desktop unit at work.
- This DAC is worth every penny. It is a serious upgrade to your computers sound card and opens up a whole new world of music.
- However there is a big really annoying problem with it. It make a really irritating hissing sound.
- Compact, stylish & functional is what the FiiO E7 is all about.
- Fit and sizes of the unit itself is fantastic. The presentation was also awesome. It comes in a small white box, clearly styled after the iPhone packaging.
- This is a great little device. For the money, FiiO seems to treat you very well.
- Size wise, it's about the size of a portable mp3 player. Pretty compact and comfortable in use.
- It's made for the total product quality, but the size is little bit larger than the X series of Sony Walkman.
- The Fiio is small and lite, the size of let's say a bit smaller that a box playing cards.
- Good sound ,very flexible in its uses. Battery last forever. Perect size for LG phones with power and volume buttons on the back.
- The portability is good cause its small and very light weight but I'm not fan of the rubber bands they give you to keep the amp.
- This small, portable USB DAC provides a great improvement in sound over the sound card in the computers I use, and for my HTC phone.
- The size, although still somewhat small, is larger than I would have liked.
- The E7 also has a line level input. The main reason for most people to use the E7 as a headphone amp.
- I would also like to talk about the OLED display. It is real functional and looks great.
- There's only 4 buttons, and it's easy to navigate the menus. I do like the OLED display a lot.
- There's no way to shut off the display when it's not in use. This unnecessary battery drain problem though.
- The specs say that the internal lithium ion battery will provide 80 hours of use. I get about 5 hours at an average volume of only about half of max volume.
- I first listened to Jewel, her new greatest hits in FLAC. The bass was not overwhelming or distorted the highs were crisp not tinny. Beautiful sound.
- Movies come to life as this DAC works its magic to make me believe what is happening on screen, magic features.
- Works great as a portable DAC on my Macbook Pro. It also works very well with my phone and iPod (yes I still use an iPod).
- I have also used the FiiO EO7K via USB on my Windows laptop and with the headphone jack of my iPhone and android tablet. I recommend!
- At home I use the Fiio on the PS3 via RCA. On the PS3 it does not send the music or background audio through the USB.