Product Comparison: Sony PHA-1A vs Fiio E12A
- A well made excellent headphone amplifier with an internal DAC.
- The Sony PHA1A is a very powerful portable amp, surprisingly so for the fact that it is portable, and is powerful enough to drive 600 ohm headphones.
- The DAC affect I cannot speak for. The sound quality sounds amazing to me. Music is crystal and clear.
- Though this is portable, so if it turns out I need this DAC amp with my Sony Walkman to power my headphones, then I will do that.
- Excellent choice for a portable DAC usable with iphones.
- The mids never felt recessed or gave the impression of a nasal vocalist. Just an amazing amp.
- This portable amplifier has a cleaner sound than the amplifier section of my Fiio E18 Kunlun with a DAC!
- This is a no-brainer for someone looking for a portable amplifier.
- Using this amplifier I not only heard my music but with it's bass enhancement it was great.
- Excellent portable amplifier!! I would recommend to everyone!
- SONY are nicely built, light and designed and have a clear feel of a quality device.
- Good Aluminum build. Device feels light but solid and have an awesome lookness.
- I'm enjoying the crystal clear sound being transmitted to my ears via this slick little device.
- Not as big as I thought, but is bulky compared to Fiio A3 heaphone amp.
- My only gripe is that this unit scratches easily. Aluminium case is light but new scratches appears every minute.
- Carved out of a single aluminum block for maximum sturdiness.It looks heavy, but surprisingly it's not. That aluminum is thick it's not some flimsy soda can aluminum.
- It is about the size of an iPhone and is quite portable.
- That little bad boy was a third of the price of my desktop DAC and a third of the size, and gives quite a bit more sound improvement.
- Very powerful amp capable of making your iems sing, & can Aldo drive your full sized cans.
- A bit heavy to carry in my pocket when strapped to an iPod or phone.
- The extra gain makes for nice sound for the more difficult to drive higher impedance headphones.
- Great soundstage, separation, balance and, especially, clarity or definition of instruments. Beautiful. It is built to withstand accidental drops.
- I charged it about 30 mins to an hour after receiving it, and then listened for 2-3 hours of listening because it wasn't fully charged.
- Crystal clear sound with a lot of optional inputs. Happy buyer.
- The only problem is it won't let you charge while listening. The power has to be off on it in order to charge.
- It pairs perfectly with all of my devices. Amazing quality product.
- It works exceptionally well with IEMs as there is virtually no noise associated with the amp.
- The battery life is very long. Not as advertised 20 hours, but 8-10 is far enough.
- Battery lasts 8-10 hours. It will also work on a dead battery as soon as you plug in the USB micro charger from AC or a laptop.
- Amp started failing to switch on even after charging overnight. The reset button doesn't fix this issue, even if I hold it down for the recommended amount of time.