Product Comparison: SMSL SU-8 vs SMSL M8A
- Sound quality as good as my ears can hear. Nice DAC.
- The sound of this DAC is very pleasing, which is the strongest strength of this unit in my opinion.
- This DAC is fantastic. It is very clean and does a great job of reproducing sound.
- Impressive DAC. Sound quality is tonally perfect. Neutral, not bright, it just sounds what you would hear live.
- This dac sound is clear and all but, the sound is thin. Has no bass or body, plus the level is way low for balanced.
- It sounds great and natively handles every bitrate I've thrown at it.
- Sound is amazing. Got a linear power supply that dropped the noise floor even lower and I am blown away.
- It does sound great and is a big improvement from using my ipod with rca cables.
- This Dac is awesome for the money. The sound is clear, detailed and reviling.
- High resolution music sounds not impressive and it even sounds really bad on mp3 recordings and streamed music.
- This little DAC is simple to operate and versatile. I like it!
- This is a great small DAC, this is fantastic sound and design.
- LOVE that it's signal is super clean, extremely low signal-noise distortion, and perfect size for me.
- Wow! Noise floor is lower, silent moments are blacker, staging much improved. I like this little DAC.
- Your quality is going down hill, just purchased this SU-8. DAC is big for desktop type.
- Highly recommended this little and powerful DAC for your sound!
- Smaller than The picture indicates but It was very simple to set up and worked great right out of the box.
- Great product and highly recommend for any audiophilics out there. I really like this size for my desk.
- I love SMSL M8A because It isn't as expensive as others that have the same technical descriptions and It works great. Very good size and weight.
- My main concern is that it sounds veiled. The bass also appears to be a tad bit bloated. Size is not impress. Bad design.
- Drivers are easy enough to find and install. Connectivity options on both in and out.
- This device packs a lot into a small footprint: internal power supply, USB and coax input, balanced XLR outputs. I recommend it.
- I prefer the sound using coax SPDIF input, but the USB input is pretty good too. The fancy functions can only controlled by the remote controller.
- As far as the sound goes, it's a device that you can tweak in many different ways with the PCM filters and SMSL's EQ options.
- I had real problems with this DAC. In a matter of less than 2 months, the remote quit working.
- Very easy to setup - worked flawlessly with my Volumio media player.
- Excellent DAC. Good USB cable and linear power supply are a must.
- Bright sounding, the filters do virtually nothing, the sound is garbled at the highest setting.
- I'm using Windows 10 with this thing. Installation was easy: hooked up the unit to USB then downloaded and installed driver. Done.
- Difficult to install driver necessary to operate with PC with USB. Have unit 2 weeks now and still cannot use USB connection.