Product Comparison: Audioengine W3 vs Audioengine D2
- Setup was true plug-n-play, sound was perfect, exactly what I was hoping it would be.
- The sound quality is beyond decent. It's not audiophile-grade, but clear and enjoyable.
- The sound is crystal clear. I am very satisfied with it!
- The quality of sound is fantastic, and I would say that it is CD quality or better.
- The base generally sounds great and almost works beautifully but occasionally they cut out for ten seconds or so and then come back on.
- The are super simple to set up, and the sound quality is excellent. Highly recommended.
- Works perfectly, no setup issues, sound quality excellent you’d never know the system wasn’t directly wired! I highly recommend the D2
- I would highly recommend this piece of audio gear to any music enthusiast who is interested in getting much better quality sound.
- Simple easy. Tone quality very good. So expensive！
- The optical output of the receiver is not compatible with the Sonos system!
- Excellent quality, small size, transmitting over long distance of more than 20 meters without loss of quality, great!
- Love the device and would highly recommend. Good sound and size.
- I had the W1 wireless adapter between my PC and my Marantz 7010 receiver and just decided to upgrade. Perfect size and design!
- The sub sounds great, thanks for this small unit, i recommend.
- Setup was true plug-n-play, sound was perfect but size not for me.
- They are small and about the size of 2-3 stacked CD cases each.
- I recommend this product to anyone wishing to stream music from a digital source to a high-end system. This DAC have a good size and weight.
- Really impressed in the improved audio quality. Good size. Lightweight DAC.
- Great documentation and outstanding performance and size of this unit.
- Once the D2 is running, the music from lossless file formats is GREAT! But size of this DAC are big.
- I was afraid that since the receiving end is always on that it would keep the powered sub from shutting itself down, but it's alright.
- The signal it outputs is nice and clean and, in days of using it, has never dropped synchronization.
- I have had them running for months without a single hickup and my subwoofer sounds so fantastic.
- That will eliminate the need for wires from a laptop computer to the piano. Great product!
- Sounds like a skipping record with USB input. Computer diagnostic says this is a USB 2 device, no good for USB 3.
- Once the D2 is running, the music from lossless file formats is GREAT!
- No cables running for long distances around the room.
- Also note that on my Win10 (64 bit) system, it required no driver and installs as a speaker system, that's nice.
- I am amazed at how good streaming music from Spotify, iTunes, and other sources sound when played through my audio system!
- So this product is unusable as a digital transfer. I have not tried the analogue outputs.