Product Comparison: Astell&Kern AK320 vs Astell&Kern AK240
- This player probably works best playing classical music, maybe some blues, and jazz. I prefer the AK320's slightly "wetter" sound, and it delivers more bass than the AK120.
- Big, clear screen. This is the biggest improvement over my previous AK player.
- Very solid construction. Although heavy, it feels like everything was built to last.
- The menu screen is too small, making finger-scrolling tedious, and sometimes maddening.
- The AK320 is a wonderful player overall but it's not so portable compared to the AK120, or even the Fiio X5, as well as numerous other wonderful DAPs that are available these days.
- I like being able to scroll and view the menu without feeling so constrained. The AK320 is portable as heck, light and wonderful.
- Pleasant to the touch and great size to fit in my hand.
- This is exactly what I was waiting for. Perfect size and weight. It also sounds great.
- Heavy. Very heavy. With the AK380 AMP attached, it's downright monolithic.
- Big and very not comfortable in hand - very clumsy and brick like feel.
- Very clean output. It is an extremely neutral player. Compared to the AK120, it is downright clinical.
- It has a dry, precise, quick delivery of audio. The highlight is in the upper mids, and the highs - crispy, and not too harsh.
- Menu navigation is good. The AK320 can fit all the text on the screen at once. Bravo.
- Doesn't even come with a dedicated cube to charge, barely they provide a short little USB cable and a kinda soft case.
- Do not use a micro SD card larger than 128 GB. The manual states that 128 GB is the limit, and I can verify that this device does not like the bigger SD cards.
- The battery life enough to use the player throughout the day.
- I am pleased with this player which enough for the whole day. The sound is also very pleasant and clear.
- Battery life is terrible. You can almost see the percentage left draining while you play. It lasts about 4 hours total.
- Takes 10 hour to recharge when not using it. Gets pretty warm if charging and while in use. Battery drains very fast.
- Come with a dead battery. It won’t turn on even with usb cable connected.