Product Comparison: Fiio M6 vs Fiio M7
- Design wise, this is great, small and curvy that feels sturdy and has a nice display screen.
- Sound is very good, not a powerhouse but hi-res files sound great.
- Sound quality is very good for a portable device in this price range.
- This was a great DAP to use, but within 2 weeks multiple pixels across the screen died.
- Pixels on the screen started to fade a month after buying it.
- Sound quality is excellent with several sets of headphones used.
- The construction is solid and feels like a high-quality player. LOVE the click wheel used to control the volume.
- Sounds good, bluetooth sounds good but latest and greatest firmware adds several minutes of dead space between songs if it plays the next song in the mode you select.
- Sound quality is similar to other Fiios and increases evidently with the wired connection over bluetooth.
- I found this product to have poor sound quality and a poorly functioning touch screen. Very disappointing.
- It’s small enough to put in my pocket and go for a run.
- Small and light. Just right. I like having three ways to control the volume.
- The size is beneficial as it easily slides in a pocket or an armband for working out.
- It looks great and I really like the small size. USB C is a plus.
- I absolutely love this DAP, it is compact, light weight, well built, sounds great and is very reasonably priced.
- It has a weight and heft to it that reminds you no cheap plastic has been used to create this thing.
- Build construction is excellent. Heavy enough but also easy on your pocket.
- I enjoy the sound from this player, the size is also a plus and it feels solid.
- Build quality is very nice and the screen resists fingerprints better than any touch device I have ever owned. And also these are very nice sizes for the hand.
- Its corners are not sculpted and may not be comfortable in your hand. The size is large so it is inconvenient to use one hand.
- It has many great features as wifi, bluetooth, streaming apps, airplay. Battery life is living up to the 13 hours.
- It works well via Bluetooth functions but screen quality is acceptable, not very easy to use.
- The screen is also much easier to use, and with Bluetooth and wi-fi, it accesses third-party apps easily. Good value!
- I like to use my LDAC Sony bluetooth headphones with this player, paired very easily and auto connects when powered on.
- The pair wirelessly to the M6 requires either Bluetooth or Wifi. Bluetooth is limited to SBC and the sound quality is diminished noticeably, and WiFi is via Airplay but that has really bad latency.
- The cable for charging/data transfer is of decent length – I don’t need to have the DAP right next to me when transferring music to the unit from my laptop.
- It paired easily via LDAC connection to my headphones and the sound is phenomenal! I've also tested the sound wired via usb, & the mini headphone jack and each is great.
- The swipe gestures are easy to learn and memorize, and really help you get around the player quickly. I couldn’t really seem to find any bugs either.
- It would be nice if those three little buttons on the left side of the unit were on the top instead, it would make it easier to hold the unit.
- UI is convoluted, and it is hard to read the track names in full -- the font is too large (with no ability to change the font size), plus the folder icon is unnecessarily large.
- Great battery life, easy to use and handles most codecs.
- Battery life is also very good for such a tiny unit, I'm getting about 11 hours and that includes streaming and lots of flac and dsd.
- The battery is NOT good. Its small size only made possible to include a 1200mha battery.
- The battery drains itself out pretty quickly, especially if you leave the Bluetooth and/or WiFi on.
- The battery life is so poor though that it just sits in a drawer because I can never trust it to have a charge when I want to use it.
- Battery life is very good and lasts as advertised. Bluetooth connection is easy and steady.
- Battery life – really does last quite long. Even after using it for most of the day, I still have like 20% battery left.
- I was the most impressed with battery life. 20 hours is a VERY good estimation of its life, and plenty long for my needs.
- I use the media player everyday for work and last me 2.5 days on a single charge.
- No wifi like similarly priced items, battery died after sitting un used for several weeks.