Product Comparison: Nesco FD-1040 vs Excalibur EXD400B
- The trays clean easily and the fact that you can stack up to 20 trays makes it worth those big bulk purchases worth while.
- It's easy to use, works drying 8lbs of sliced meat on 12 trays easily and fills the house with the delicious smell of animal flesh.
- It is large enough with 6 trays but also still small enough to store without a problem.
- The trays are easy to clean. Its really plug and play for novices like me.
- The trays are cheaply constructed, the motor doesn't sit well on the tray, and the airflow is atrocious.
- I like the built in thermostat, and I like the way the trays are nice and square
- The trays are flat and smooth on the top.
- The trays are plastic. From what I researched - the unit never gets hot enough to pose a risk of the plastic releasing chemicals.
- It's large trays allows you to put 7 pounds of apples in there at one time.
- Certainly works well, but the strong plastic smell coming from the base is a total deal-breaker.
- Has a temp and a timer function which allowed us to set and forget.
- I very much like the fact that it has a built in timer and automatic shut off.
- I love the timer can run the machine overnight. The trays go in my dishwasher.
- Love the temperature control and timer. It's a little noisy going for hours.
- It works quickly and quietly. The timer is a helpful feature too.
- Very easy to use and lots of tray space. The thermostat is the most important part for food safety.
- The thermostat range is 90° to 160° F. Nice little unit. Works very well.
- It has the adjustable thermostat for varying temperatures depending on what you're dehydrating.
- I love how this works. It does not have a timer or an off switch and it's a bit annoying to have to unplug it to turn it off.
- This unit doesn't have a timer. That's problem.
- The digital control is great. Much nicer than the previous analog dial.
- The fan and controls stay clean because they are on top of the food trays.
- The controls on the lid and the ability to set temperature and time so efficiently.
- It also has a programmable timer for up to 48 hours and adjustable temperature control.
- The timer and temperature control are awesome. The controls are super easy to work with.
- Good temperature control and even distribution of heat with the fan.
- The temperature control seems accurate and it dries everything fairly evenly.
- The adjustable temperature control is excellent.
- Easy controls and great way to save food.
- It is great! The variable temperature control, removable trays.
- Just set the temp and time and it shuts off,and can pause to check on what ever you are drying.
- Love the timer that shuts off the unit to prevent over drying.
- It works great, it heats well evenly and shuts off when the timer is done.
- The auto shut-off timer is very convenient. This one is perfect. I would recommend it's use to anyone.
- My only complaint is around cleanup: the trays are quite large, so they're tough to fully submerge in the sink to soak or fit many in the upper rack of the dishwasher.
- The Excalibur is quiet lightweight and small in profile.
- It is easy to clean and the trays wash better by hand than in the dishwasher.
- We are very happy with this dehydrator. It works really well, dries consistently on each "shelf", and wasn't too expensive.
- Easy to use and clean and makes great food!
- Easy to use - high capacity. Came with great books on dehydrating and recipes.