Product Comparison: Excalibur 2900ECB vs Excalibur 3900W
- It's holds a lot of food when fully loaded.
- Clean up is easy I just take the trays soak them in the sink pull them out and load them in the dishwasher no heat.
- It drys efficiently and is very fast. The trays are easy to clean.
- Unit cleans up pretty easily, as do trays.
- Trays can be removed and the dehydrator used to proof dough or make yogurt- good little multi-tasker in that regard.
- It works great, has even heating. It does not have a timer, but that does not bother me.
- The trays move easily, and are easily washed.
- This one seems to work pretty well. There is plenty of space to dry.
- The Excalibur sturdy, easy to clean, durable and most important user friendly.
- This unit is large and takes up a significant amount of counter/shelf space, a total of 15 square feet.
- This model has a great timer so I don't forget them over night.
- The timer and “keep warm” options are nice. Easy to clean.
- The timer and temp controls are a nice feature and it is super easy to set up and use.
- The thermostat is a dial on top of the unit. It is marked with several temperature settings.
- The timer is loud and you can't turn off the alarm when the timer is up.
- The adjustable thermostat allows you to dehydrate a never-ending array of items - from fruits and vegetables to meats and fish.
- The unit works great. Excalibur has a very good reputation.
- I like the built in thermostat, and I like the way the trays are nice and square.
- Very easy to use and lots of tray space. The thermostat is the most important part for food safety, and with the heatwave technology they use it keeps meat somewhat tender as it dries.
- Thermostat is severely out of calibration. Checked with precision thermocouple.
- Shipping was fast, packaging was good, controls easy
- Temp control is great and the trays are got to the touch, Perfect every time!
- The drying in this is very even, the temperature control is nice, and pretty accurate.
- I really like the temp controls so I can keep the enzymes alive.
- I wish the control dial was in the front instead of the rear of the machine which can be a reach but that is minor.
- In this one you have a temperature control and also a fan in the back.
- It is great! The variable temperature control, removable trays.
- I like that you can control the height of the trays.
- This is a great dehydrator for drying food, making yogurt, and anything else where you need a controlled temperature.
- Trays are easy to use and reasonably well-supported; good mesh covering for the trays; good temperature control.
- Easy to work and everything tastes great.
- I had my doubts after opening the package, everything is plastic. The unit works great and seems to be pretty solid.
- It is light weight and easy to move from my kitchen counter to another room for storage.
- This dehydrator works great and I don't have to rotate the trays because the fan is on the side, not the bottom like my old dehydrator.
- It is so easy to run, easy to fill, easy to clean. And works extremely well. Great quality and I s a fabulous product.
- The Excalibur is a front loader, which I like much better than the stacking tray dehydrators.
- With the front loader, it is easy to load and view your food.
- The nine trays give you 15 square feet of space which is great and you never have to rotate any of them, a big plus.
- This Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator is large & a little noisy.
- This unit does not come with an automatic shut off timer which translates to babysitting your food until it is done.