Product Comparison: Dyson Ball Multi Floor vs Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2
- Bagless, washable filters, easy to maneuver, lightweight, sturdy & decent attachments/accessories.
- Suction is great, it'll pull dirt into it that I see next to it on the wood floor.
- Powerful vacuum when it's free of clogs and has clean filters
- This is fantastic for normal vacuuming on flat surfaces. I’m always amazed at the amount of dirt and animal hair it picks up.
- Bagless- you can see all the dirt and dust you pick up
- The ball and wheels are large so it is hard to get under furniture like coaches and beds.
- Incredible suction power. Works well on both hard wood and carpet
- The suction is awesome. The motorized head and suction reach all the way to the edges, so you don't have a 1-2 inch gap that you cannot vacuum in the front and sides of the vacuum.
- The suction is fantastic! I cleaned three carpeted areas and managed to get up everything on the first swipe or two. Allergies are an issue in my family and a good vacuum is necessary!
- Easy to clean the filter and that's important to keep the suction optimal.
- Filter maintenance - every month you have to wash and air dry 2 sets of filters. I was under the impression Dyson didn't use filters, but i guess that was my misunderstanding.
- Easy to maneuver. Easy to assemble
- Too heavy for my mother. (She is 60 as of now)
- Heavier than I expected
- This sucker feels like a workout, hard to push, hard on wrists with the twisting ball
- Lightweight for an upright and quieter than other machines
- The lightweight model is excellent. I recently had issues with my back and have to be careful how I use the muscles. This is easy to maneuver and lift.
- This vaccuum was our solution. Light weight, narrower, and a little shorter. This made it super easy to carry up the stairs.
- The plastic feels cheap, like it will break.
- Pretty flexible with you try to get those corners.
- Self adjusting height (goes from wood floors to different carpet heights)
- Small form floor brush allows it to go under couches and chairs with ease, and gets along the walls very well.
- Easy to empty canister with the push of a button
- Extension hose (when extending) is pretty stiff. Might be a design thing in order for it to retract properly. But it works great.
- The hose is really awkward to use and get back in place
- Minimal assembly required. I had it put together about 5 minutes after I got it.
- The attachments all fit on the vacuum itself, which is really convenient. Power cable is plenty long.
- The hands-free canister emptying feature is second to none. I still love how easy it is to clean out the canister. Push of a button and snap back into place.
- The attachments stay on the vacuum! There is actually a place to put the attachments so you don't have to find a place to store them. It makes switching to the wand easier.
- The head of the vacuum has a soft cushion which protects my baseboards and furniture.
- Dirt hopper isn't large enough - have to empty several times per use.
- When placing the hose back onto the neck of the upright, it can be awkward and doesn't always snap into place
- Love the long cord
- The cord is easy to handle and the right length - it gives you plenty of length to vac the whole kitchen or LR w/o replugging into an outlet.
- The power cord just flat out sucks. No automatic cord retractor ends up being SUPER annoying on this machine because the cord does not have any texture to the casing, so it gets tangled very easily and gets hard twists often.
- The cord is not retractable, so it is every where on the floor when vacuuming
- Powerful, powerful, powerful… It provides as much bang for your buck as you are going to get. It sucks, but in a great way!
- This version is slightly bigger and heavier than the 2011 one but the difference in power is insane. Thus, it does not bother me at all.
- The cord is extra long...wow! What an improvement!
- There is no adjustment for suction so it will suck in light throw rugs and fringes requiring you to stop, turn it off and disengage the rug.
- Cord is really long and sometimes becomes a pain because it doesnt stay on its hooks while in use.