Product Comparison: Fiio E12 vs Fiio E17
- As for the Fiio E12, it really is an excellent portable amp.
- Overall, I was VERY impressed with FiiO E12 portable headphone amplifier and how well it paired up with various sources and headphones
- Keep in mind, this is just an amplifier and not a DAC converting your digital music content to analog. I recommend.
- The Fiio E12, What more can I say, I've enjoyed pretty much every aspect of it.
- It looks like hell feels cheap a complete let down.
- I like their amazing array of affordable products, namely the very well-reviewed E17 Alpen portable headphone amplifier USB DAC.
- Most computer DACs aren't the most accurate, and you're losing some authenticity of the original recording but not with this amp.
- After extensive testing, this product works. It's DAC is nice and flat, has bigger soundstage, crisp and sharp highs and lows.
- The sound is flawless at a 192kHz sample rate. If there's no noise in the recording, there's no noise in my ear.
- The screen on the E17 Alpen does not light anymore. even though I don't use it much.
- The battery life is very long as well. It is about the size of an iPhone and is quite portable.
- Very powerful amp capable of making your iems sing, & can Aldo drive your full sized cans.
- I found something as small, reasonably priced, and powerful.
- I want to add this amp is easy to charge from the USB provided connection, solid as a small monolith of aluminum.
- Sounds bad and size not for my equipment.
- This amp is a good size and can easily be transported. Also, the functions are simple and intuitive.
- It has a build quality that is quite impressive for the size product you are holding in your hand.
- It has a small size and can be used as a portable DAC and amplifier. it is well made and looks cool.
- The E17 is a decent size, it's a bit bulky to carry around with you.
- Not a bad Portable Amp/Dac. Just not good enough for full size headphones.
- Simple controls, rechargeable battery, beautifully crafted, the total design form fits function.
- With the volume control, you can easily adjust the volume. It is smooth and works great.
- Volume control can be very fine tuned, and the High / low gain setting.
- Port/control are on the side where you have micro-usb connector for charging and Bass on/off toggle switch, that's comfortable.
- Compatibility not for all my OS, so i not recommend.
- It's worked on every OS I've connected it with (Windowsn 7, Windows 8, OSX, Ubuntu) and it sounds great.
- It only has bass and treble controls, but includes boost controls and a few connection options to enjoy sound through all platforms, wow.
- For use with my cell phone, laptop, and tablet, sound remains clear and perfect.
- The menus are easy to navigate and it has a few nice features (balance, bass, treble controls, etc).
- Setup is really easy, and controls are straightforward. The EQ is a bit limited, which may be annoying for some.