Product Comparison: Toshiba S300 vs Toshiba X300
- Can store many months worth of motion activated recordings with this huge capacity drive.
- Great HDD with pretty high capacity. Bit noise, but still recommend.
- The increase cache of 256mb may be better from my old HDD.
- I am pretty happy 6 TB drive and little vibration that occurs.
- The drive never fell in performance for the video recording side or the speed of transfer.
- Was pleased with capacity and size of drive.
- While the storage capacity is great, and reliability has been fine (so far).
- Great value for the storage capacity. The performance is great!
- Sufficient storage capacity, easy to install.
- It's what i want, rather nice hard drive.
- It is super easy to install, it works, makes no noise that I can hear.
- I put this into a RAID-1 mirroring enclosure with a Seagate NAS drive. The combination appears to be working fine with no problems.
- Overall, I'm pleased with the lack of noise from this drive.
- If you are using a Windows and Linux environment you won't have any issues with the initial setup in either environment.
- It is noisy. Not as much as the 4Tb was, but nonetheless noisy. I can hear it from 15 ft away.
- The drive was very easy to install, and it makes NO noise; which is good as it's installed into a media/entertainment system.
- It is as fast as any disk-based hard drive would be, with a 7200 RPM speed and a 128 MB cache.
- It was very easy to set up and format, like any other brand new hard drive.
- With a spindle speed of 7200 it's transfer rate is very fast.
- It is very noisy when working. Also, its a hot one.