The CHI GF7057 has a color-coded LCD screen, allowing you to see the temperature selected and comes with a thermal mat where you can place it to cool down.
Doesn't have an auto shut-off function.
If you have long and thick hair, you definitely need the CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium Hairstyling Iron. It has wide plates that can heat up to 425 degrees F almost instantly, making styling your hair a quick and effortless process.
1.25-inch titanium infused ceramic plates
3 temperature modes: green (370°F), blue (395°F), red (425°F), Manual temperature adjustment available
Color-coded LCD-screen, Dual voltage (110V - 230V), Swivel cord, Thermal mat included
The tool is made with slim, floating plates that can straighten, curl, spiral, flip, wave, and bend your hair. The plates glide through hair smoothly without tangling.
The heat dial might be accidentally touched during use.
The CHI Expert Classic Flat Iron is not only super cute but also very flexible. It lets you choose any temperature from 180 to 410°F, which makes it suitable for just any hair type. Plus, thanks to its floating plates, you can vary your hairstyles as you wish.
1-inch tourmaline ceramic plates
Adjustable temperature dial (180°F - 410°F)
Up to 30 seconds
LED indication light, Dual voltage, 9-ft swivel cord, 1-hour auto shut-off
The iron uses the advanced CHI Ceramic 44 plates. They are made of ceramics and 44 inorganic materials, which results in the incredibly healthy styling.
You might need some time to customize it for your hair type.
This professional flat iron uses superior titanium-infused ceramic plates. It reaches the needed temperature just in a matter of seconds, which means that you'll save some time on your morning routine.
1-inch titanium-infused ceramic plates
3 temperature modes: green (370°F), blue (395°F), red (425°F), Manual temperature adjustment available
Color-coded LCD-screen, Dual voltage (110 V - 230 V), Swivel cord, Thermal mat included
This one has the longest power cord on the list, boasts fast heat up, and has dual voltage. A good option for those who seek manueverabiltiy and convenience.
The temperature isn't adjustable.
If you look for something special, you should seriously consider the CHI Lava Volcanic iron. It's a unique straightener designed with minerals found in the volcanic lava, which are claimed to strengthen the hair while creating smooth, sleek results without damage. Ideal for daily use.
1-inch ceramic plates (infused with Lava Rock)
1 mode (~395°F), Non-adjustable temperature
Up to 30 seconds
Dual voltage (110V - 230V), Swivel cord, 1-hour auto shut-off
It's fitted with a dial that allows you to set the optimum temperature in the range from 330°F to 410°F. It also has marks for quick selection of 360°F and 380°F.
No shut-off function.
At a glance, the CHI Tech 1" looks very simple. Yet, it houses big functionality. The flat iron delivers the professional performance found in more expensive models from the brand. Great for those who value functionality in the first place and don't want to overpay for extra frills.
1-inch ceramic floating plates
Adjustable temperature (330°F - 410°F)
Up to 60 seconds
Adjustable temperature dial, Dual voltage (110V - 230V), 9-ft swivel cord
For Coarse Hair
The CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium Hairstyling Iron is an excellent choice for those with long, thick, and unruly hair. The iron features 1.25" titanium-infused ceramic plates that straighten larger hair sections in one go. It will glide through coarse hair effortlessly even if you take large chunks, leaving your hair super soft. Of course, if you need to smooth very frizzy hair, you should choose the highest temperature setting (400-425 degrees F). If you want to straighten long but thin fine hair, you need to choose the low heat mode (0-370 degrees F). And for medium wavy hair, it's better to select moderate heat (375-395 degrees F). Like pro CHI models, this one has a color-coded LCD digital screen that flashes Blue, Green, or Red depending on the temperature mode. Also, this straightener uses famous CHI ceramic floating plates infused with high-grade titanium. Therefore, you can be sure that the iron will stand the test of time. Even after 5 years of daily use, the plates will still provide you with effective snag-free styling.
The CHI G2 flat iron comes with the red thermal mat which allows you to wrap the device right after use and carry it wherever you need. We would like to point out that this is a dual-voltage straightener, so you can take it on trips.
Straighten Like a Pro
Straightening unruly and frizzy hair can be tough. However, the CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium Hairstyling Iron with wide 1.25-inch plates will really make even extremely coarse hair super smooth if follow these tips.
1. If you have very thick and kink hair, try to avoid shampoos with suds. Instead, use sulfate-free shampoos which won’t dry out your hair.
2. Before using the CHI G2 straightener, always dry your hair completely. However, you don't have to blow-dry it perfectly. Give it a rough drying. Just shake your dryer back and forth, keep its nozzle facing downwards to prevent frizziness.
3. Try to use brushes with boar bristle, since plastic can cause static. Boar bristles will smooth and polish your hair, instead.
4. Apply a thermal protective haircare product before straightening. You can use CHI 44 Iron Guard thermal spray that can protect up to 450 degrees F and resist humidity to reduce the frizz factor.
5. Avoid too high temperatures. Actually, the CHI PRO G2 425-degree setting was designed for in-salon use. Only extremely coarse hair does need the super high heat. If you have thin, damaged, or color-treated hair, you'd better choose 300 - 350 degrees F temperature settings.
6. The CHI G2 uses titanium-infused ceramic plates that heat evenly so that you won't need to run through one section more than once.
7. Don't grab randomly strands of hair. Create sections so that you can easily track your progress. Plus, sectioning will save you time significantly.
8. Pass each strand only once. Fewer passes means less damage. Create some tension, and then pull the CHI G2 iron downward starting from the root
9. Add finishing products to add shine and reduce frizz. You can use famous CHI Silk Infusion. It's better to wait until your hair cools down.
|Last updated price||$59.99|
CHI Expert Classic Tourmaline Ceramic
Cute Little Thing
Although the CHI Expert Classic Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron has a "classic" part in its name, it looks different from most other models offered by the brand. What makes it a standout is definitely the vibrant pink casing is super cute and so appealing for customers. With that, the iron is also packed with the premium technologies you'd expect from the company.
To begin with, the 1-inch plates here are produced according to the latest technology that combines Tourmaline Ceramic and Far Infrared heat. The plates distribute heat evenly across the strands and significantly reduce static electricity. They infuse the hair with a very high amount of negative ions, thus, flattening frizz and adding shine to your locks.
Besides minimizing the damage to your hair, the CHI iron cuts the styling time in half compared to average models from other brands. It gets ready for use in less than a minute after switching on and then stays consistent throughout the whole styling process. Using the handy adjustable temp dial, you can choose heat from 180 to 410 degrees F. So, unlike most other CHI stylers that offer only a couple of presets, this one is very flexible and can suit just any hair type from very fine to coarse and unruly.
To deliver professional results and let you vary your styling routine, the iron is made with floating plates that can straighten, curl, spiral, flip, wave, and bend your hair in the way you like it. And its sleek design allows users to get every inch of their hair with no issues.
Another thing that makes this iron so convenient to use is a 9-ft swivel cord. Its length is perfect if your mirror is positioned not so close to the power outlet. Also, the quality of the cord is much better than what other flat irons offer. You may have noticed that some power cords tend to curl or twist up after a while, meaning they don't hold their original condition for long. Plus, they often knock things over when you put an iron back on the counter. But the cord of the ChiAir is different. It's made from a better quality rubber that can minimize that annoying twisting up. Of course, this feature may seem so small and some people don't even notice it, but a good cord really makes a great difference.
The only slight design flaw is a bit inconvenient position of the on/off switch. It's placed on the side near the heat wheel, meaning you may accidentally hit it with your hand if you're not careful. However, it's really not a big problem with an otherwise perfect tool. Being cute, stylish, and extra-adjustable, the CHI Expert iron is ideal for all hair types and for all hair styling.
|Last updated price||$152.77|
Always with You
The CHI PRO G2 Digital hair straightener is a professional salon model of the next generation. It boasts an upgraded technology and superior performance. The CHI PRO G2 can really make your hair smooth from top to tip. It has a sleek ergonomic design with titanium-coated ceramic plates. CHI engineers have infused their famous ceramic floating plates with high-grade titanium for better durability and snag-free styling. They ensure super-smooth glide to help you create silky and frizz-free hairstyles. What is notable, the iron gets ready ultra-fast! It takes the plates only 40 seconds to heat up, so you can start straightening almost instantly. And then, plates stay hot longer compared to other models. However, note that this flat iron doesn't have an auto-shutoff function. In addition to straightening your hair and giving it that fantastic body, this iron can also help you create slight waves, curls, and flips.
The CHI PRO G2 flat iron is an excellent travel option. It has an ergonomic design and is pretty lightweight. Best of all, it comes with a bright red travel pouch with a handy Velcro strap. The iron is dual-voltage, meaning you can take it overseas to create flawless hairstyles during your trips. Overall, this CHI ceramic hair straightener works wonderfully and is definitely worth the money.
What's Your Color?
This hair straightener has a black sleek body with an all-digital LCD display showing you the current temperature setting in a unique way. The display is color-coded and can inform you when the needed temperature is reached. When it flashes blue, this means that 0-370 degrees F mode is chosen. The light heat is good for fine and damaged hair. The green mode (375-395 degrees F) is suitable for medium and curly hair, while the red setting (400-425 degrees F) can help you tame extremely coarse, thick, and unruly hair.
The manufacturer recommends you to use the straightener with dry or slightly damp hair for the best results. And for added thermal protection, you can treat your hair with the special CHI Iron Guard spray. It will help seal the hair cuticle and prevent any damage. Spray it evenly over dry hair and go from roots to ends with the CHI PRO G2 Digital titanium-infused ceramic flat iron for that super-smooth salon finish.
Overall, we can safely recommend this model for those who need a budget-friendly device for a slick finish and long-lasting results.
|Last updated price||$71.43|
The Power of Volcano
If you look for something really special, you should seriously consider the CHI Lava Volcanic Lava Ceramic Hairstyling Iron. As the name suggests, it's a unique straightener designed with the minerals that can be found in the volcanic lava - some of the most effective heat-conducting materials in the world.
The combo of volcanic lava with CHI ceramic is claimed to strengthen your hair while ensuring smooth, sleek results without exposing your hair to damage by heat. While this does like the company simply touts its product, many customers acknowledge that it really works. According to feedback, the styler not only effectively smoothes hair but also makes it incredibly silky to the touch without the use of any additional hair products. So, if you straighten your hair every day, the Lava Volcanic hair iron by CHI might be the best deal.
Made with high-quality materials, the CHI Lava Volcanic Lava Ceramic Hairstyling Iron is also very lightweight which makes it easy to use it and maneuver in the hand: whether you style your own hair or straighten someone's locks, there won't be a strain. What's more, due to a tight seal, the straightener doesn't pull hair and ensures perfectly smooth glide each time.
Aside from Volcanic Lava addition, the straightener offers quick heat up, reaching 395 degrees F temperature in around 30 seconds, and gets the job done per a few passes so you won't need to spend ages. However, the straightener isn't flawless and there's one minor complaint. While it does it job and does it fairly quickly, it's a shame there're no adjustment options and you get only one temperature setting to play with. This won't be a problem for those who have thick and healthy hair, but if your hair is treated or dyed, styling it won't be safe.
That said, we still love the CHI Lava Volcanic flat iron. It's effective, it's comfy to use, and it's well-designed. The controls are straightforward and placed so that you won't be able to accidentally hit them while using it. Plus, the device has a very long power cord. Being 11 inches in length, it will provide real freedom of movement.
All things considered, if you need a quality straightener to use on thick, strong and healthy hair not prone to brittleness, the CHI Lava Volcanic flat iron may be a good option! With 395 degrees F temperature and extremely quick heat up, it will transform your hair in seconds, making it shiny and silky to the touch.
|Last updated price||$99.99|
Simple Yet Functional
At a glance, the CHI Tech 1" straightener looks very simple and straightforward to use. Yet, this styling tool houses big functionality and delivers the professional performance found in more expensive models from the manufacturer.
To begin with, the CHI Tech has an intuitive design with no displays and other bells and whistles to pay extra money for. The sleek and ergonomic plastic body fits nicely in hands and provides a firm grip even in wet hands. The iron has a long 9-foot swivel cord that freely rotates at the base of the unit for greater maneuverability. This long and flexible cord will be especially admired by professional hairdressers that often swirl around their clients.
As for the heating settings offered, the iron gets as hot as 410 degrees F. However, if that is too much for your hair, you can decrease the heat all the way down to 330 degrees F. The unit is fitted with a handy temperature dial that allows for customizable styling of all hair types, lengths, and textures.
Like other professional straightening tools, the CHI Tech is packed with advanced technology to bring you healthy and smooth results. The 1-inch ceramic plates produce Far Infrared heat and ions that neutralize static electricity and add shine to your locks. Hence, your hair won't look burnt or crispy - it will always stay silky smooth.
Importantly, thanks to the ceramic material, the plates of the iron glide effortlessly without catching your hair. The plates have slightly beveled edges, making it possible for you to not only straighten your hair but also create sexy curls or loose beachy waves.
Dual Voltage Support
Although the professional CHI Tech 1″ ceramic styling iron comes without a carry pouch, it's a worthy purchase for travelers owing to its dual-voltage support. That is to say, the straightener can seamlessly work within 110V-230V range, meaning it is compatible with all standard electric networks across the globe. If you're going abroad, you just need to get an appropriate adapter to style your hair with this iron.
However, it isn’t the only advantage for travelers. The unit has a compact design and is fairly light. It will neither take much space nor add reasonable weight to your luggage. Therefore, if you often travel overseas and want always look sleek and neat, the CHI Tech 1" Ceramic hairstyling iron can hit the sweet spot.
|Last updated price||$56.42|
What Is a CHI Flat Iron?
CHI® is a leading brand that has been producing high-quality professional hair care products for more than 30 years. The motto of the company is “Education, Environment and Innovation”, and no wonder all their products are backed with the most advanced American technology. It is the CHI company that has created the first ceramic-plated flat iron nearly 20 years ago. Nowadays, the company manufactures multiple successful lines of hair straighteners that use titanium, tourmaline, ceramic, and teflon plates. But what are the benefits of these materials and which type will suit your hair type and your budget? In this guide, we round up the 5 best CHI hair straighteners for professional and home use and try to help you make your choice.
Everyone knows that no flat iron can be used on wet hair. That's why we also recommend you to get a professional hair blower that can instantly dry your hair without causing any damage. And if you want to give your hair more body, you might be interested in a hair boosting shampoo as well.
What Features to Compare
The first thing to consider is the size of the iron. There are various models available for your choice: you can find 1/2-inch, 1-inch and 2-inch hairstylers on the market. Small flat irons are considered the best option for users with short hair as well as those wearing bangs. Plus, they are a better option for traveling. When it comes to larger models, those can cover more hair and thus work perfectly for men and women with thick and long hair.
Next thing to consider is the plates. CHI straighteners include various models - ceramic flat irons, tourmaline straighteners, and advanced titanium models. All of these models have their own advantages, so you won't do wrong in choosing any of them. However, if you wonder what these advantages are, here are the key ones:
- Titanium flat irons heat up quickly and stay hot consistently during straightening. They produce 60% more negative ions than ceramic models. They are good for extremely curly and coarse hair. Titanium irons do a wonderful job smoothing hair and removing frizz. These straighteners are often used in professional salons.
- Ceramic irons offer gentle straightening and are suitable for most hair types, including fine and thin hair. They heat up evenly without “cold spots”, which allows them to effectively smooth hair and keep frizz at bay. Keep note that there are also ceramic-coated flat irons. Compared to ceramic ones, they are less durable, often resulting in uneven heat distribution and damaging hair.
- Tourmaline plates produce more negative ions than positive ions, thereby, sealing the hair shaft. They differ from ceramic and titanium plates in the way they work. They continuously produce negative ions to give greater results while producing less heat. And less heat means less damage to the hair, which makes them a great choice for all types of hair textures. It’s the newest material used in styling... and the priciest.
Also, consider the heat settings and max temperature a flat iron offers. A high maximum temperature will result in a faster and more effective straightening. The majority of CHI irons feature variable temperature settings allowing you to choose the appropriate heating mode for your hair texture. Flat Irons with digital displays ensure the highest level of accuracy.
The CHI® Transformation System
The CHI company offers you an amazing Transformation System that can make your hair much smoother and silkier, and no matter whether you have extremely frizzy or slightly wavy hair. The program consists of different phases we're going to guide you through.
- First of all, you should determine your hair condition and choose the suitable formula:
Formula A. Virgin/Resistant hair.
Formula B. Color/Chemically-treated hair.
Formula C. Highlighted, Porous/Fine hair.
- Then, wash your hair with CHI Infra Shampoo and towel dry your hair. Try not to disturb the scalp at this point. Apply CHI Infra Treatment to the porous and split ends and leave it on for 5 minutes. Then rinse and slightly dry your hair with a towel. Next, mist your hair with CHI Keratin Mist from roots to ends and leave it. Apply CHI Silk Infusion and let it soak in. Dry your hair using CHI professional hair blower that can infuse your hair with the CHI Keratin Mist and CHI Silk.
- Section the head into 4 equal quadrants, from center forehead hairline to center nape hairline and from ear to ear. Isolate 0.5-1 inch subsection around the hairline. Admeasure the chosen amount of Phase 1 CHI Transformation Solution in a plastic bowl and start the application from the bottom of your back quadrants (nape). Always remember to leave the hair subsections. Comb each section before the application of Phase 1 CHI Transformation Solution. Wear gloves and apply the solution generously to areas you want to straighten, keeping 1/8 inch away from the scalp. Pay particular attention to cowlicks and crown area. Follow the natural growth pattern of the hair, without adding too much tension to the roots. Do not comb the hair after application!
- Check the results every three minutes. To check the elasticity of the hair, take a small strand between your fingers and pull it in an outward direction. The hair should return back like an elastic band.
- Remove the product from the strand and check the formation against the palm of your hand. Slightly rinse the hair with lukewarm water for 5 minutes. Long hair requires 5-10 additional minutes. Towel dry the hair and then apply CHI Infra Treatment from roots to ends for 5 minutes. Rinse again and towel dry but still do not comb hair. Apply a generous amount of CHI Silk Infusion and leave it in.
- Begin to press roots and mid-shafts with the CHI Iron. Start at the nape section taking 1/8-inch horizontal strands. Gently press with your CHI iron in a downward motion from roots to mid-lengths. Try to get your CHI straightener as close to the scalp as possible. Use a fine-tooth comb to direct the hair. After you have pressed 2 to 3 subsections, continue to press the ends in the same manner. Do not curl or flip them when pressing. End with pressing top sections of the head. To get as close to the roots as possible, lift sections straight up from their base.
- Finally, bonding! Pour the desired amount of Phase 2 CHI Transformation Bonder into the plastic bowl. Apply a generous amount of the solution from roots to ends, smoothing the hair in a downward motion. Start at the nape area. After each section has been treated, you can comb in a downward motion to make sure that the hair stays smooth and straight. Process for 5 minutes at room temperature, rinse, and towel dry the hair. Apply CHI Infra Treatment and leave in for 5 minutes more. Then, rinse again and towel dry. Use the CHI Pro hair dryer to style your hair as you wish.
- Ta-da! Your hair is perfectly smooth, silky, and shiny.
If the process doesn't seem too complicated and you're ready to transform your hair, you should definitely get this wonderful formula as an addition to your CHI hair straightener.
Q: How long do the results of CHI Transformation System last?
A: The results are permanent.
Q: What should I remember when pressing with CHI iron when performing CHI Transformation System?
A: Do not press too hard at the root area. To eliminate bends or creases, lift the hair straight up from the roots. Always follow the natural growth pattern.
Q: Should I use hair protection before straightening?
A: Yes, you should. This will reduce hair damage significantly.
Q: How often should I clean my flat iron?
A: It's advisable to clean your flat iron right after each use, since build-up can reduce the effectiveness of plates.
Q: How to clean my flat iron?
A: First of all, plug in your iron and turn the lowest heat setting. The gentle heat will help soften any buildup or grime that may be on the plates. Then unplug the iron and let it cool on a heat-resistant mat for about 5 minutes. Once the flat iron cools down a bit, wipe it down with a damp cloth. Wipe all surfaces of the iron.
There are a lot of professional cleaning solutions for hairstyling tools on the market. And if you have already used your flat iron hundreds of times and now it's too dirty, you can use one of them.
Q: Is it OK to style my hair every day with a flat iron?
A: Although all CHI hair straighteners use the most advanced technologies and are extremely gentle on hair, it's not advisable to smooth your hair daily. Frequent straightening might overdry your hair, especially if you don't use thermal protection.
Q: Can I iron wet hair?
A: A big no! Your hair must be completely dry before straightening, otherwise, you might boil your hair.
Q: How to reduce damage to my hair?
A: Adjust the straightener to the lowest heat setting that works for your hair. Most CHI irons go up to 430 degrees, which is too hot for normal hair. If your hair is too fine, start with the lowest temperature. Iron one section of hair only once, if it's possible. And try to hold the styler in place no longer than 3-5 seconds. If your hair is thin and breaks easily, consider using a keratin treatment before styling.
Q: How to prolong the lifespan of my flat iron?
A: It's great if your flat iron has an automatic shut-off function. This feature can prevent a lot of troubles caused by uncareful handling of the tool. One more thing that adds to the safety is a heat-resistant mat on which you can put your flat iron. If your straightener doesn't have one, you can use a towel. Make sure to never lay the hot iron on bare surfaces as this can even set a fire. The final tip is to always keep your iron dry. If the water gets inside the flat iron, this might cause the malfunction.
1. Kathleen Doheny How Not to Wreck Your Hair, WebMD.
2. Tips for healthy hair, American Academy of Dermatology.
3. Phillip Picardi How To Straighten Hair: 11 Flat Iron Tips for Perfectly Straight Hair, teenVOGUE. November 8, 2017.
4. Hair straightening, Wikipedia.
5. Poorna Banerjee 5 Best Hair Straightening Tips When Using Flat Iron, STYLECRAZE. November 6, 2017.
6. Augusta Falletta 17 Useful Tricks For Anyone Who Uses A Hair Straightener, BuzzFeed. July 2, 2015.
7. Amanda Hawkins 6 Mistakes You Make With Your Flat Iron, GoodHousekeeping. November 5, 2014.
Your comment was successfully sent
Error! Please try again later