Product Comparison: Blue Snowball vs Blue Snowflake
- I am very impressed with sound quality. The size is great, setup was easy. A great tool!
- The mic by itself is about the same size as a softball.
- This thing is massive in size and comes with its own stand.
- I was also impressed by the size of the Snowball. When looking at it online, I was thinking baseball size.
- The biggest flaw is that the weight of the mic is too heavy for the quality of the stand, which results in the mic tipping over when adjusting the legs or trying to position the sizable, inflexible USB cable.
- Seems very sturdy. Design for shipping and travel is great for a USB mic
- Pretty good build quality, better than most consumer products.
- It's light weight and small enough to carry with you when you are on the go.
- A bit big, huge compared to cheap yet good mic jack microphones.
- The weight just makes it a bit less stable when perched on the top edge of the laptop. Any bump can knock it forward and off it's perch
- This mic sounds pretty flat to me which is great for instruments and vocals.
- What's great also is the frequency response is flat or flatter than other mics. What that means is that, the mic isn't shaping your voice too much. What you hear is what you sounded like.
- Windows 7 recognized the microphone instantly and installed appropriate drivers.
- Easy plug and play. You plug it into a PC or Mac, and it's good to go right away.
- This mike does not feature noise reduction but the cardioid pattern is satisfactory to reduce feedback.
- It records High Frequencies too much which makes it a pain to EQ and compress vocals for that quality sound in music.
- Good recording quality when close to the speaker
- Built-in soundcard (A/D converter) with quite good quality. No need to worry about the humming noises of laptop internal sound cards, and no need to mess with external sound cards.
- USB compatibility. Truly plug-and-play.
- Surprisingly high noise/ low sensitivity when on the screen
- Picks up too much ambient sound. Even a slight wind generates unacceptably high level of background noise. Completely unusable outdoors.
- Excellent sound quality, but the form factor is a little quirky. I like its portability, but it doesn't sit too well on top of a thinner laptop screen as the "clip" can't be adjusted to clamp securely