Product Comparison: Audio-Technica AT2020-1 vs Razer Seiren
- The weight feels very good in the hand. It is a durable microphone with a metal body.
- The mic is very solidly built. It has a very nice weight to it and it definitely feels like it won't be breaking down any time soon
- It's a sturdy unit with some weight to it so be sure your mic boom and stand can handle the weight.
- Definitely impressed with its weight, style and function.
- In my experience with it is a little gain heavy. So, make sure you buy a audio interface with it.
- The microphone looks beautiful and works flawlessly.
- The mic is a heavy steel construction - the thing is solid and looks like it could survive being dropped onto concrete without a problem.
- The included stand is heavy and holds the mic well.
- This product is very sturdy, and heavy. I feel like it will last a very long time.
- They are a bit more fragile and almost always require external power.
- The sound is great, clear, crisp, terrific. A huge improvement over my previous mic.
- It came with a storage bag & a pivoting threaded stand mount. The stand mount is pretty nice.
- This mic has great responsiveness with very little transient noise. Really great sound, especially through a good preamp
- Low noise: I was actually quite surprised when I heard my test recording. Even after signal amplification, I do not hear much noise.
- The storage bag is a little flimsy and doesn't have any kind of padding... it's less cushioned than a toiletries bag and I wouldn't feel safe using it for travel
- The mic doesn't come with any cables, so I had to order one separate, but it was only a few bucks.
- Weak bass: You won't hear much bass from this.
- This microphone markets polar patterns as recording patterns.
- Good frequency range, great product. Crisp highs and frequency laden.
- The different recording modes are a great feature - it allows the mic to be very versatile in different settings.
- The Seiren has some neat features, like the audio jack and the volume dial, but ultimately it is just a pretty USB microphone.
- Polar patterns are completely useless on this microphone since anyone who would properly be in a situation to use a polar pattern would use many microphones to properly get the best sound.