What is an Elliptical Machine
Everyone should take care of their health and body. Someone goes to the gym to workout, but many people just don't have time and prefer to exercise at home. Yet if you train at home, it does not mean that the results will be poor. That's where an elliptical machine comes in handy. It is an advanced exercise bike which involves a much larger number of muscles, but the main load still falls on the lower part of the body, namely, the hips, buttocks, and legs. Elliptical trainer combines three different types of load: cycling, climbing, and skiing.
If you're keen on jogging and don't want to miss a chance to go run even when the weather isn't good for it, get one of the treadmills and keep training at home. To make your workouts more effective strengthening muscles of your back, arms and legs, you could also get an exercise ball.
What Features to Compare
Basically, there are three types of ellipticals depending on their drive position: front, rear or center.
- Front drive elliptical trainers are the least expensive ones. However, they have many moving parts, which means they are a bit noisy and require more repairs than other types.
- Rear drive elliptical machines ensure pretty silent and smooth ride. They allow your body to stay in a comfortable upright position, which is undoubtedly a benefit.
- Center drive ellipticals are the newest type of this sports equipment, thus, they provide users with more high-tech extras. They are also pretty compact and can be stored in any corner.
As for resistance type, ellipticals can be divided into mechanical (belt), magnetic, and electromagnetic machines.
- The most common are mechanical ones as they are lightweight, relatively compact, simple and have an attractive price, though are rather noisy.
- Magnetic elliptical trainers provide smoothness and do not create any noise. Such models are relatively expensive, yet have a real advantage over mechanical as they lack jerking when braking.
- The most advanced type is electromagnetic elliptical trainers as their operation is totally controlled by a computer. These trainers are multifunctional and easy to use since you can see all the information on a screen. In addition, electromagnetic models are known for their durability and silent operation but, of course, they are the most expensive.
Almost every modern elliptical trainer is equipped with various tracking systems that facilitate control over a workout. They can show speed, distance, time, load or resistance level, burned calories, and heart rate. The most advanced machines can be equipped even with a USB port, MP3 Player, and Bluetooth.
The elliptical should be easy to use so that you always have a desire to use it. We mean clear interface, simple controls, small wheels for transportation, water bottle holder, etc.
ProForm 935 E Elliptical Trainer
Everything for You
ProForm elliptical is a top-notch product that provides extremely smooth strides, its controls are simple and intuitive, so the training brings only positive emotions. This machine has impressive specifications, and its extras are just great. Boasting an electromagnetic resistance, the elliptical has 24 resistance levels, which allows you to choose the most appropriate one and set off for a journey across any city you wish. Now everything is possible with iFit® Enabled elliptical powered by Google Maps™! You can stride your way to any corner of the world. Speaking about adjustments, we would like to stress that you can even change the incline of this elliptical machine (0-10°). In such a way, you can modify your strides, thereby targeting different muscle groups for the best results. The same goes for pedals - you can choose between several foot positions for better traction. As for a stride length, it is also variable (from 18" to 20") what is certainly a huge plus.
Comfort is Above All
From the very assembly, you'll understand that this stunning trainer has been designed with a user in mind. The assembly isn't difficult and requires lees than an hour. All you have to do is bolt on the handlebars and footpedals, connect a cable to the monitor, and go! Working your body out on the ProForm elliptical machine is a pleasure as it has all for your comfort. It's a well-known fact that during training, our body needs water every 15-20 minutes, thus, the manufacturer has fitted the machine with a water bottle holder which lets you quench a thirst without stopping strides. Next, you will be surely pleased with the CoolAire ™ fan system which will refresh you during an intense workout. On top of that all, this machine is equipped with Intermix Acoustics™ 2.0 Sound System which lets you play upbeat music from you iPhone. And, you know, as practice shows, music really motivates and contributes to achieving the goals. So, rock the body out with your favorite tracks!
More Products to Consider
When training, it's important to add vitamin supplementation; this is especially important for bodybuilders and those who want to build a muscle mass. Try protein bars and you'll soon see obvious change in your physical condition.
Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
Comfortable for Everyone
Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine is a compact and a quite functional front-drive trainer. As practice shows, most elliptical trainers that have a front flywheel is very shaky, but this very model is extremely sturdy. And regardless a pretty compact design, this home elliptical machine is suitable for athletes of any constitution type to increase their fitness level! Note that all parts and fittings go together really well and are of very good quality. The assembly is pretty quick as all the directions are easy to follow. Once assembled, the elliptical dimensions with a computer attached is 63" high, 69" long, 27" wide. Compact and efficient!
This elliptic trainer of the famous sports equipment manufacturer boasts an excellent functionality and when it comes to comfort, Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine has it all. DualTrack ™ system which includes as many as two displays to give information on 13 different feedbacks. On the control panel, you will find a special slot for tablets and smartphones to make your workouts more fun. For some reason, the manufacturer has located this slot in such a way that a gadget will close the upper display, but it's not a big problem since the most important information is displayed on the lower display. Schwinn 430 is equipped with sealed acoustic chamber speakers that provide an excellent sound. There is also a USB-port which can charge your gadget while you're exercising. Yet the main purpose of this port is to export data of your workouts to Nautilus Connect and MyFitnessPal for tracking your progress.
Benefits of Elliptical Training
1. Regular training helps lose weight.
2. Workouts involve a huge number of muscles, which contributes to relief body.
3. The increase of muscle mass, strength, stamina.
4. It improves flexibility.
5. It improves metabolism.
6. It prevents possible injuries.
7. You can multitask.
8. It increases your aerobic and cardio capacity.
9. It improves coordination.
10. You can always keep fit.
More Products to Consider
If you lead an active lifestyle, you might be interested in our road bike review. Cycling can help you improve stamina, lose some weight, and brush off stress.
Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Ellipticals
Work Your Body Out!
Exerpeutic 1000XL is a pretty functional elliptical trainer that works greatly for working out the whole body (upper and lower) right at home. It is very compact, lightweight and has small rubber wheels that make transportation around the house a snap. This trainer also has a display which shows all the basic information about workout so that you could always know at what point you are. The machine boasts heart rate monitoring which is shown on the target zone monitor. Just put your hands on pulse pads located at handle bars and track your heart rate on the display. Hence, you will keep the right tempo for burning calories and won't stride a marathon. Exerpeutic 1000XL has a fairly massive flywheel with a magnetic tension resistance, which results in a great, smooth step of 13 inches. So, this elliptical will be comfortable both for adults and children. Keep your family fit!
An Apple a Day...
In you want to loose some weight, you should pay attention not only to the number of calories you consume but also to their quality. Speaking of their number, it should vary between 1500 -2000 calories a day. As for workouts, you should train at least 4 times per week, approximately for 30 minutes. Food also plays a big role. You should refrain from "dietary" foods like fat-free yogurt, cheese, 0-kcal toppings, zero-sugar chocolate, etc. since they contain a large number of chemical additives that are hardly absorbed. A much more effective way to lose some kilos is to practice "fasting day" once a week. It can improve digestive efficiency, increase vigor and mental clarity, remove toxins, and give a feeling of well-being.
So, what should you do on a "fasting day"?
- Drink a lot of water!
- Eat only fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Refrain from canned food, various sweets, fast food.
- Sugars, salt, and fats are your enemies.
More Products to Consider
To add relief to your body, start to train with dumbbells.
Horizon Fitness EX-57 Elliptical Trainer
Every Detail Matters
The design of Horizon Fitness EX-57 Elliptical Trainer is totally thought out, still its main hallmark is the feet pedals. Nothing extraordinary but they are designed in such a way that the distance between them is pretty small, while the stride length is 18 inches. Thus, the motions get similar to those during skiing. It results in that this elliptical machine involves a large number of muscles, both of upper and lower body, and that's why you can achieve excellent results in a pretty short time. Finally, we would like to note that Horizon Fitness EX-57 Elliptical Trainer is pretty compact and, thus, it won't take up much space in your home. Get this fantastic personal fitness trainer!
How to Lose Some Weight
Regular physical activities paired with the correct diet guarantee fast weight loss. The elliptical trainer, sometimes it is also called a cross trainer, is a tool for strengthening the cardiovascular system, yet its abilities are not limited only to this. It is still a great way to lose weight.
Well, to work out on the elliptical trainer, you only need comfortable shoes and casual clothes. So if you want to get rid of excess kilos, stick to some essential tips:
1. You should train regularly, approximately 30 minutes a day, and at least 4 times a week. It is necessary to build a certain rhythm which will burn calories.
2. People have different stamina, so it is necessary to pick up a program that is best for you. The circuit should be "up the hill - down the hill". Many modern elliptical trainers have the ability to create a personal program for weight loss, but as a rule, the standard built-in programs are suitable for most users.
3. It is necessary to start training with a low load, and gradually increase it. But nevertheless, it is desirable to stride "hills" after a while.
4. It is important to monitor the intensity of your workouts and try not to overload your back, legs, arms, and neck.
5. To make your abdominal muscles relieve, be sure to pull them while striding! And after a while, you will be surprised with the amazing results.
6. You should pay particular attention to the heart rate as during very intense training, you can burn not only fat but muscle mass as well.
7. In order to burn more calories, you need to stride the pedals intensively yet not overdo! This may lead to unnaturally big calves.
More Products to Consider
Ab wheels will tighten your abdominal muscles and make them more prominent.
Plasma Fit Elliptical Machine Trainer 2 in 1
On buying Plasma Fit Elliptical Machine Trainer 2 in 1, you get not only a great elliptical trainer but an exercise bike too. A peculiar design of the unit allows you to save not only some precious space in your home but also money otherwise spent on purchasing a different trainer. Plasma elliptical trainer doesn't support any programs but still it allows adjusting body workouts to your daily needs. One day you can pedal the bike in a standing position while the other day you can switch to sitting, pedaling machine and reading a book.
Benefits of Home Ellipticals
Elliptical trainers grow more popular each day for at-home use. Why is it so? Because a lot of people live on a busy schedule, they cannot afford to spend valuable time somewhere outdoors and would rather go home and do some sports in front of the TV. That’s where elliptical trainers can compensate training in the gym and bring a lot of benefits to your body.
- Simplicity is one of the most significant features as for starting training on the elliptical machine, you don't need costly fitness consultations. You'll know how to use it from the first seconds you step up on pedals.
- Savings! And that's not only the price for the machine. Having got one at home, you wouldn't need to regularly spend money on gym memberships. Once you purchase it, all the rest is included for many years to come.
- Safety! It's a well-known fact that chances to damage or stretch your feet during jogging are pretty high! You are risking to lose your footing, slip or just smash into rock or curb - no matter what could it be, the consequences may be dire. But striding on the elliptical trainer is not dangerous. All the movements go smooth, and the chance to receive a stretch is absolutely little.
More Products to Consider
When being in a gym, music is an essential part of effective workout. For this reason a lot of athletes have MP3 players on them to be able to listen to their favorite playlist.
1. Gregory J. Florez Elliptical Buying Guide: Choose the Right Elliptical for You, Precor.
2. How to Choose the Right Elliptical Machine, eBay. May 21, 2015.
3. Elliptical Buying Guide, Consumer Reports. September 2016.
4. Karina Bray, Matthew Tung Going in circles: is an elliptical machine for me? Choice. July 25, 2014.
5. Elliptical trainer, Wikipedia. August 4, 2016.
6. Jannet Miller 8 Amazing Benefits of Elliptical Machines, The Huffington Post. February 23, 2016.
7. Alexandra Duron 18 Legit Reasons the Elliptical Is Better Than a Treadmill, Greatist. February 25, 2016.
8. Sarka-Jonae Miller Types of Elliptical Machines, LIVESTRONG. February 6, 2014.
9. Sharon Therien What Is the Difference Between an Elliptical & a Cross Trainer? Chron.
10. Ben Greenfield Is an Elliptical Trainer Good for Fat Loss? QDT. May 20, 2013.