Product Comparison: Breville BCG800XL vs Baratza Virtuoso
- It is perfect grind. The conical burrs are super sharp, super tough, and plentiful.
- It was perfect! The grind came out VERY consistent and light.
- It looks good. It's not super-quiet, but the sound is a lower frequency.
- The cleaning is pretty easy too.
- The espresso grind is fantastic, I'm still trying to find a course enough setting that will not overwhelm my Gaggia Coffee Classic 15 bar pump!
- The entire unit has a very solid, well-built feel. As you turn the hopper to adjust the grind, you get a very solid, convincing click for feedback. Nothing feels loose or cheap.
- The grind quality and uniformity looks good to me for the press and pour over use.
- The grinder does drip grinds well and is good for expresso but only at the first two settings.
- This is a solid grinder and the grind is quite nice and consistent. Definitely better than my Capresso Infinity.
- Removing the ground coffee bin without spilling some grounds on the counter is difficult.
- Build quality is outstanding, display is very nice, controls and settings are very easy to understand.
- Quality of grind is superb in addition to flexibility in that one can make a 10-cup medium (filter) grind stronger or weaker until the taste is perfect.
- Easy settings for quantity and grind size. The finest setting is incredibly fine, perfect if you want to grind beans for baking.
- The machine has all of the grinding settings one would want.
- The display screen has had issues, where the grind select cursor flickers.
- The grind quality is really good, if you crank it up to real fine, you can basically get turkish coffee grind out of it, it will get the last ounce of your coffee out of your coffee beans.
- The grind is very consistent, I use it for espresso daily, the coffee came out of this grind is very fine and according to the setup I dial in, there is almost no deviation.
- This grinder feels well made and very durable, also.
- This thing is built like a tank, and will grind small trees, pets, and anything else that gets too close!
- It sounds horrible. I have to admit it. It's probably less loud in an absolute sense than my old inexpensive Cuisinart.