Product Comparison: Epson LabelWorks LW-300 vs Epson LabelWorks LW-400
- Prints great right out of the box but you can customize to your heart's content. You can adjust text and spacing in a myriad of ways; outline, borders, spacing, width, etc.
- Can print up to 2 lines of text per label, a space saving feature I use often.
- I LOVE that this product line has "iron on", "glow in the dark" and regular label tapes! I bought a few of each!!!! It has some VERY pretty borders/frames for the text as well!
- I also love that you can choose between different fonts and write in two lines!
- A little slow wile printing, but the price offsets the speed.
- Very handy good price. The resolution of the text is a little poor. I wasn't expecting that.
- Awesome - works prefect for making fabric ribbon labels which is why I bought this! Plenty of fonts and symbols.
- Max font size at 12mm tape is quite impressive.
- The speed of the printer is quick enough. I usually have 20 plus cables needing labels the LW-400 can keep up.
- Prints just fine on third party, low-cost tapes. Print resolution is good.
- The printing speed is also visible slower than competitors (Brother, Dymo) but this is not a big issue for this kind of printers.
- Printing not sharp and crisp.
- Light weight and QWERTY keyboard makes it easy to input text.
- No complaints. Thought it was going to be this flimsy light weight plastic piece of crap, but it's not.
- Very happy with the durability and quality of printer. It has a nice weight to it... you can tell it is not cheaply made.
- It's compact, yet sturdy and easy to use.
- Love it. Compact. Gets the job done. Easy and fun to use with lots of different fonts, & symbols.
- Sturdy, Compact Construction
- It's fairly lightweight and compact.
- Just perfect, small and compact.
- IT is compact enough that you can take it anywhere. It takes batteries as well as a power outlet.
- Great compact size and printed fast. Printing quality was good.
- Once you have the options set right, it is awesome. It is really easy to turn on print your label and then turn off.
- Printing different languages seems to be a strong suit of this labeler. It comes with many different fonts with everything from accent marks to umlauts.
- Changing batteries and inserting different label tape is easy and intuitive.
- The label tear-off backing is split down the middle to make backing removal easy. Some labelers don't have this often overlooked frustration saver.
- It is a little difficult to understand how to change options on the Label Maker. The buttons are not intuitive to me, and the instructions are hard to read.
- Doesn't come with an AC adapter, but you can buy one.
- Doesn't come with a case which would be nice for storing or carrying the unit.
- I really like this label maker. It's portable and fits nicely in your hand. The keyboard is nicely laid out and easy to type on. The screen is bright and clear.
- Adjustable character spacing (narrow or wide)
- Several different fonts. several different sizes. add borders or pictures.
- Lots of colors of label tape available. Lots of borders and special characters.
- Does not remember previous setting when powering back on (for example, character spacing and layout)
- Manual setup requires the operator to thread the tape leader.