Product Comparison: Nesco VS02 vs FoodSaver V4825
- I have to say this machine has extreme powerful suction. Hopefully it lasts for awhile.
- I have used it now for several months with no issues. Has the power needed to package all food purchases
- Great product seals better than Food Saver product and is more powerful, Great value.
- If you're sealing one thing after another (which happens often when you seal more than one thing at a time), the bar that heats up to seal the bag stays hot. If you're not careful it will heat it too much and won't do a good job sealing it.
- This is my second one and it has the sucking power of a toddler sipping through a straw!!! Don't waste your time and bags on this flop.
- Nothas powerful as i expected. Works fine with hard items, not so much with meat or anything soft. With soft juicy items the vacuum is not strong enough to remove all the air before it starts sealing leaving air pockets.
- Is also very compact in size, not bulky at all, great for not taking up too much space on countertop.
- A nice touch is the material cutter built in.
- The vacuum is very strong, and the heat sealing has proven to be very durable.
- This is a great Vacuum Sealer, great for the price and durable.
- Just be aware this thing is pretty large and takes up a lot of space wherever you store it.
- Very disappointed with the durability. It worked well for the first 10 bags. Then the foam gasket that presses the bag to the machine so the vacuum can work starting falling off.
- The pump pulls the vacuum quickly, the seal bar makes a very good wide seal and the timing can be controlled to the fraction of a second for each stage of the process. I do recommend this machine to people that are looking for a vacuum packer unit.
- This is a well designed food sealer that is easy to use with clearly marked control buttons.
- The controls on this machine are clearly marked and there are even built in guides to get your bags positioned properly before sealing.
- We love the way you can control the suction so you don't crush cookies.
- It works sometimes and then it doesn't work sometimes. When using just the "Seal Only" button it is very hit and miss. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time I have to hit the button 4 or 5 times to get it to activate.
- It seems to be a good value for price really like you can use any type of ready to seal freezer bags.
- The unit comes with 10 bags
- Getting replacement bags is easy and you can use competitor bags.
- I love this vacuum sealer. The cutter for the bags is wonderful. You just place the roll in the sealer and slide the cutter and have no problem getting a straight cut.
- The heating element was so hot that it melted through the bags, and the bags I use are thicker than what came with the machine
- The smaller bags stay vacuum sealed but the larger ones seem to be a problem with this machine. Works like a charm on the smaller bags every time!
- The Nesco feels solid, as if you could use it continuously as a hobbyist
- Product is built from heavier weight plastic
- Great sealer little bulky
- The unit itself seems alright. It's bulky.
- The cutter wasn't working for me well but may have been user error
- Unit has regular and heavy duty sealing options and I mostly use it on heavy duty.
- It also lets you manually seal things at any time during the process for delicate items and/or liquids (though usually freeze liquids, then freeze).
- It uses any bag brands.
- It has the fittings to add a hose attachment, though I haven't used it. Overall, it's an excellent unit.
- After a few uses (5?), it stopped working in combined vacuum/seal mode - the vacuum never stops; requiring the 'seal' button to be hit separately. Still works, just frustrating.