What is a Nail Drill
Nail drill manicure becomes more and more popular these days, and for a good reason. This procedure requires no time-consuming manipulations with scissors and nail nippers. A nail drill is a manicuring machine with a handpiece and replaceable bits. It allows easy and comfortable care of your nails by applying rotating bits to nails, sidewalls, and cuticles. As a result, you get perfect manicure and pedicure in less than no time! Don't spend a fortune on beauty salons any longer, get a professional grade manicure to use right at home!
To dry gel nail polish more quickly, consider getting one of these awesome nail dryers. A callus remover will help remove rough skin and calluses off your feet making them look perfectly smooth.
What Features to Compare
How to choose a suitable nail drill? First of all, you should consider the rotational speed, measured in RPM (revolution per minute). A broad range of speed settings and a variable speed control ensure electric nail drill's efficiency and functionality. However, it is not advisable to work at the maximum speed until you get used to the device. As soon as feel confident operating your nail drill, you can switch it to run at high speeds safely.
Most manufacturers include auxiliary bits for users to perform a great number of manicuring tasks. If you get such a multifunctional tool, you'll be able to shape and buff nails, remove dead skin and cut cuticle, some bits allow for removing calluses and ingrown nails either. The bits may differ in shapes and sizes but you will still recognize what exactly they've been designed for by their look.
In addition to the bits, some manufacturers broaden their supply package with some extras like for example sanding bands which come in helpful when you need to treat artificial nails or remove minor calluses. What you need to remember, though, is that all sanding disks can be used only once and then must be disposed of. A special holder or a cradle are designed for holding your handpiece when it's not in use. An ergonomic foot pedal allows for a speed control. An included nail drill carrying case enables convenient storage and transportation of the unit.
Electric nail drills are either mains or battery powered. If you are looking for a nail drill that you could carry around and use on a trip, consider buying a rechargeable one. Such drills are more portable and can boast up to 5 hours of wireless use. Yet, if you need an efficient tool to use at home, a mains powered electric nail drill would be the right thing.
Health and Beauty
Attractive appearance is what we all strive for, and the way how our hands and feet look is a big part of it. With that said, it's not surprising that a machine manicure is so widely spread today. It's obviously one of the fastest and most efficient ways to make our nails look glorious. The Medicool Nail Filing System is a great representative of advanced manicure tools which can be used for at-home manicure either. The highest rotational speed at 20 000 RPM allows using it on all nails of different texture and thickness. Owing to the ergonomic design of the unit, it sits well in hand and doesn't vibrate as much during operation. A twist locking chuck guarantees hustle-free operation: just turn to snap it open, and snap it closed after replacing the bit. Another useful option is its forward and reverse rotation modes. The manufacturer has included 2 high-quality bits (a mandrel and a diamond cone) which are perfect for removing dead skin, cuticle, and calluses, as well as for cleaning under nails. Note that this nail drill is suitable equally well for treating both acrylic and natural nails.
All in all, with the Medicool Nail Drill, your nails will look fantastic after the first use!
Machine Manicure at Home
- Remove your nail polish (non-acetone based remover is recommended).
- Gently push excess cuticle from your nails with a cuticle pusher.
- Remove callused skin around the nails (use a medium bit at low speeds).
- If you have corns or calluses on your hands, remove them with the appropriate bit.
- Use a cuticle cleaning drill bit to remove excess cuticle from your nails.
- It is time to buff your fingernails. Remember, to smooth out nail surface, a gentle polishing is required.
- We advise you to use a hand sanitizer after each procedure.
- Do not forget to apply some moisturizer to your hands and/or feet.
More Products to Consider
It is a marvelous nail drill, but it comes with 2 bits only. If you are looking for a set of bits that can perform a greater variety of manicuring tasks, get some more nail drill bits optionally.
Anytime, Anywhere, For Anyone
Contemporary nail drill models allow ergonomic and hustle-free operation, and intuitive controls make manicuring as easy and comfortable as possible. However, most nail drills are mains powered, so their use is limited by outlets. Things are different with the MAKARTT portable nail drill. Requiring about 3.5 hours for recharge, the battery provides up to 5 hours of operation. In addition, it has a charging level (low, medium, and high) indicator. It is worth mentioning that the manufacturer has included 6 bits and 6 sanding bands, making it a decent set to take care of both fingernails and toenails. What we like even more about the MAKARTT nail drill machine is that it's suitable for use not only on natural nails but also acrylic, gel, and, if you need, even pet claws! Be careful when making your pet's claws for the first time, for it's difficult to predict how your dog may react to noise and vibration the nail drill produces.
Proper and delicate cuticle care is essential for the nails to look healthy and beautiful. Here are some useful nail drill manicure tips.
1. Start with nail sidewalls. Get a cone bit and make sure it rotates in the opposite direction to your hand movement. It is advisable to use it at 10 000-12 000 RPM speed.
2. Using the same bit, move from the sidewalls to the bottom of your nail, gently pushing cuticle from the nails. Hold a headpiece just as if you held a pen in hand.
3. Gently remove cuticle with a small diamond barrel bit (use it at the 45° angle at 10 000 RPM speed).
4. Use a sapphire bit to remove excess cuticle. The recommended speed is 12 000 RPM.
5. Do not forget to apply the moisturizer after shaping, polishing, and buffing your nails.
More Products to Consider
To make a fancy manicure that won't be unheeded by anyone, you can use some pre-ready nail designs or beautiful shining nail powders.
Functional and Efficient
Professional manicure and pedicure can be done right at home with this wonderful Belle Updated electric nail drill! Thanks to its thoughtful design, buffing nails, removing excess cuticle, and many other things can be a really simple process! The ergonomic shape of the handle allows absorbing more vibrations when in use which guarantees much more comfortable operation even at the highest speed. For extra user's convenience and comfort of work, there's also a headpiece holder and a foot pedal.
If you've ever done your nails, you know how important it is to have all necessary things at hand. Speaking of the Belle electric nail drill, it includes six ergonomic bit holders to fit for different purposes. You will also find 26 sanding bands in the package which would last for quite a while before you'll need to get more for your manicure procedures.
1. Before you start manicure or pedicure, make sure that your nail drill functions properly and all the bits have been previously sanitized.
2. Wipe your hands and/or feet dry.
3. Hold a headpiece at the 45° angle and move it from the center to the sides of nails.
4. If you are a beginner, we advise you to run the drill at low speeds. As soon as you feel more confident, you can gradually increase the speed.
5. It is advisable to give your nail drill a break every 5-7 minutes to prevent its overheating. Even if your nail drill was designed for longer operation, such breaks will let you increase the engine's lifespan.
6. Please keep in mind that you shouldn't use the nail drill on irritated skin or damaged nails.
More Products to Consider
What else you may be interested in is a portable set of buffet blocks to keep in your purse and use on the go.
Vogue Professional 6700
A variable speed control is a great feature of any nail drill. For example, 20 000 RPM speed is quite enough for DIY home manicure. However, when it comes to a pedicure, you need 30 000-RPM and higher. As for the Vogue Professional nail drill, it delivers outstanding performance reaching 35 000 RPM, which is more than enough to treat even thick toenails. At the same time, the minimum speed of 500 RPM allows handling delicate nail treatment such as removing excess cuticles of nails. With the high performance like that, the Vogue Professional nail drill is still quite lightweight and sits comfortably in hand. The rubber ring on handle prevents its slipping out of hand too. So, with the characteristics like these, we can safely recommend the Vogue Professional nail drill to all those users who'd like to do both manicure and pedicure at home yet do it in a professional way.
The Benefits of Nail Drilling
Why do more and more people prefer using nail drills? Because they have a large number of undeniable advantages:
- Nail drills can save you plenty of time! With a nail drill, you won't need to soak hands in soap water and remove cuticle with a cutter.
- No accidental cuts. Using nail drill bits, you're unlikely to cut or damage your skin, as it sometimes happens with scissors. Hence, you will be protected you from any possible infections. If properly used, all bits are absolutely safe; besides, they ensure charming long-lasting manicure and pedicure.
- Healthy cuticles. Cutting cuticle is not recommended by dermatologists: cutting not only can damage cuticle's growth but also cause infection and irritation. A good nail drill allows for easy and safe removing of the excess cuticle.
More Products to Consider
To clean and brush off nail dust, make use out of a nail brush. The choice of brushes is immense today and you can choose the right one for your needs.
Pure Enrichment PureNails
Portable and Efficient
Most electric nail drills come prepacked with a nail drill machine itself, a handpiece, several drill bits, and a foot pedal. Yet, if you are looking for a more portable and user-friendly appliance, try the Pure Enrichment Manicure & Pedicure System. If has a handpiece with a long AC adapter and seven interchangeable attachments. Just select the needed attachment and start manicuring! As compact and easy-to-use as it is, this portable nail drill is a perfect choice for beginners. With two speed settings (high and low), its operation is simple and effective! Getting used to using this nail drill won't take you months, it's all as simple as ABC. On top of exclusive functionality and such a great package the Pure Enrichment nail drill features some useful extras such as a built-in LED grooming light for comfort of work in dim lighting, a vinyl travel case with ergonomic slots and a zippered closure for convenient and neat storage and transportation. The manufacturer covers its product with a two-year warranty which is also a nice bonus.
Maximum Attachments for Comfortable Manicure
The PureNails nail drill is equipped with seven interchangeable attachments that are all sapphire-coated (but a felt cone). This kind of coating is softer compared to a diamond coating; the bits allow for filing even thick nails and rough skin.
- Filing Disk (Coarse) makes shortening of thick nails a breeze.
- Filing Disk (Fine) ensures precise and safe filing and shaping of your nails.
- Cone helps remove calluses and dry skin; good for filing thick nails.
- Felt Cone is perfect for buffing your nails.
- Callus Rasp was designed for removing dry skin from heels and soles.
- Milling Cutter allows grinding too thick nails.
- Flame Milling Cutter works efficiently removing ingrown nails.
Summing up, we can easily claim that this multifunctional nail drill is one of the best tools available to use for manicure and pedicure at home.
More Products to Consider
When doing toenails, we often face a problem of nail polish sticking to the other toes. To avoid this problem, gel toe stretchers have been invented. Try one and you'll see how easy it can be to do pedicure at home.
Q: I have never used a nail drill before. Do I need to take a special course to start working with it?
Q: Is using a nail drill safe for my nails?
Q: I feel pain and burning sensation while doing manicure with an electric file. Is it OK?
Q: Do drill bits need special care?
Q: Do I need to change drill bits? If so, how often?
Q: Are electric files suitable for doing pedicure too?
A: Yes, nail drills handle toenails as effectively as fingernails.
Q: Is it better to buy a nail drill with or without a foot pedal?
A: Opting for a model with/ without a pedal is up to you since it’s nothing more, nothing less than a usability issue. If you find it more convenient to control the speed of the machine with a foot pedal, feel free to buy a device with this accessory. If manual speed control is what you’re seeking for, this option might be unnecessary.
Q: Can I use an electric nail file to do manicure for my daughter/ son?
A: No, you don’t want to do manicure for your kids with a nail drill. Since children’s nail beds are very soft, there is a great risk of damaging them.
1. Emily Schuman Nail Tips from An Expert, Cupcakes and Cashmere. March 10, 2015.
2. How to Give Yourself a Manicure at Home, Paula's Choice Skincare.
3. Manicure, Wikipedia. November 25, 2016.
4. How to Give Yourself a Manicure, wikiHow.
5. Nicole Whitney How to Use an Acrylic Nail Machine Drill, LEAF.
6. Alexandra Tunell THE GREAT CUTICLE DEBATE: TO CUT OR NOT TO CUT? Harper's BAZAAR. October 27, 2014.
7. What Bits to Start With, NAILS Magazine.
8. Rebecca Boneschans How to Shape Your Nails, MORE.
9. How to File Your Nails, wikiHow.
10. Cuticle, Wikipedia. November 25, 2016.