Product Comparison: Sunbeam 4710 vs Oster 004722-000-000
- It is a smaller capacity than I've ever owned before, but I like it. I recommend the optional steamer basket.
- Very easy to use, steams fast, simple to clean up, engineered and designed very well.
- A nice, solid, high-end steamer. Goes from zero to steam in 30 seconds and cooks evenly.
- A very nicely made steamer that doesn't utilize plastic in the direct cooking areas.
- It cooks rice very well, but the capacity is small and misrepresented.
- It is very small BUT cooks enough brown rice for 8 to 10 people AND it cooks it perfectly !!!
- I'I love this little cooker! I don't eat rice, so I've only used the vegetable steamer.
- Rice cooker worked very well when only using 1 or 2 cups of rice. When filled to capacity the water tend to boil over. Would definitely recommend this rice cooker.
- I like the steamer tray and how it sits.
- I like that the pot and tray are dishwasher safe.
- I used it to cook rice twice & it no longer works. I thought it was my outlet that didn't have power
- The power cord is a little on the short side, but it wasn't a drawback for me.
- I was worried it may be a bit large, but the size is actually very good.
- Love it! It is the perfect size! It is very easy to clean!
- I love this steamer. It’s a good size and attractive if sitting out.
- The size is just right for me and my family.
- The material is sturdy and a little heavy so the quality is good.
- the three cup capacity is just perfect and, I love the cute shape and color.
- Very nice shape, good material
- Thank you for making them durable, long lasting, and top of the line products.
- Durable, well within affordable
- I love the red color which matches all of my other red small appliances, it is really nice looking and also light weight, this is a great deal for the money!
- I started to smell plastic in the 2nd week of purchase. I had to buy another one, differnt brand.
- The controls work just fine. I agree that it is larger than others.
- It works and it works great! Easy to use, controls are not difficult and it's an attractive countertop appliance.
- The interface with the controls is simple and intuitive.
- Dials and controls work well and will most likely stand up to time. Foods cook well.
- I love it. No need for me to keep checking the pot. I use it to cook veggies without oil. Excellent way to lose weight.
- Easy to use and it works well for small families
- Very easy to use & clean.
- It only has two settings, cook and keep warm.
- A couple issues however, is the instructions on how much water to use are not as clear as I would like, sometimes I get a little too much, or not quite enough.
- It heats up fast, the size is great, it cooks food well, the preset timers are handy, it is easy to clean.
- The basket provides plenty of space and easy to set timer.
- Cooks great. Easy to control. Excellent timer.
- I love the timer function. I don't need to worry about forgetting to burn my pot on stove any more.
- The timer malfunctioned so that it would stop steaming every 15 seconds and has to be restarted.
- And as for function, it is wonderful! It can cook enough rice for a good size family
- Functional wise, very easy to use and cooks rice retry quickly!
- I like the keep warm function and the instructions are straight forward and easy to understand.
- I enjoy the ease of use and the automatic switch that turns it from cook to keep warm!
- Keep-warm feature stopped working after a month.
- I've had this steamer for about a month and I really like it so far. It is easy to use and to clean.
- The pros are that this is VERY convenient and easy to clean.
- Clean up is super easy too! Generally it's just a bowl, like any bowl you might use in the oven, the lid that's glass, and the metal tray the food sits on.
- Super easy to clean and a nice large water resivoir so I don't need to refill with every use as I steam my food at least twice a day.
- The power cord was short, and notably stiff and unwieldy, and I felt compelled to replace it with a better quality item.
- The electric cord is a bit shorter than expected approximately 12 inches however the rice cooker fits easily on any kitchen counter top or shelve.
- Measuring cups that come with it aren't a real measuring standard. Use 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water and you're in business
- The classic plastic paddle and measuring cup are as expected.
- My only real complaint is that there is no on/off switch, you have to rely on plugging and unplugging the cord.
- There is no hook or holder for the rice paddle like there often is on these machines