Product Comparison: Sony BDP-S6700 vs Samsung BD-J6300
- I am using this on a LED TV that's not SMART capable so I now I have the Smart Hub and can stream movies and utilize all the apps.
- Smart capabilities work perfect and I like the feature when you turn the player on it automatically turns my Samsung TV on. Very convenient and less buttons to press.
- My daughter does not have a "Smart TV" and now she is capable of streaming shows using the popular sites.
- Love the wi-fi feature. Had an older model I used with my smart TV. This helps so we don't have to continue unhooking & hooking up other devices. Also love the default apps.
- After a cheaper model that wouldn't connect to wi-fi, I went with this version. No issues with it, great wi-fi reception and the upscaling looks great.
- There is front panel display readout that displays the player and disc time information. Updated the firmware. Good product.
- Easy to use. Lots of apps available and pre-installed. Good price.
- Purchased this primarily to use with Samsung Hub smart app . Samsung provides awesome app variety and our family enjoys this player on daily basis.
- Great picture quality. Everything you need to watch DVD stream online video as well as a USB for external hardware. Great purchase! Compact and light.
- Easy to set up with either Ethernet or WiFi.
- Sometimes it will refuse to play a disc after the previews, you have to restart player or take disc out and put in again (it has only done this a handful of times so far).
- I had no trouble hooking this up to the HDMI cable for video output and the optical cable for audio output.
- Plays DVD from HDMI cable hook up.
- The only negative was that it didn't come with an HDMI cable and I was not aware that this wasn't included.
- The one detracting factor is that an HDMI cable is not included with this player. I had to use one from another player I have in my bedroom to test this player out and use until my order for a cable arrives.
- The player came with only an optical digital audio output, for which I had to buy a cable.