Product Comparison: LG UP970 vs OPPO UDP-203
- 4k UHD discs look amazing. The player loads them quickly and quietly. The installation and setup was child’s play.
- I do have streaming 4K services but the quality of the picture from the Oppo for UHD & HDR content is amazing
- A seriously good player - both 4K content and upscaling. Well made and solid; looks and feels expensive.
- Reference quality at a reasonable price. Infinitely tunable to your tastes, if your serious about home cinema you have to have one of these!
- Picture and sound are awesome. 4K is superb, and upscales blu-ray's and DVD's well. 3D works especially well. Pairs nicely with my LG OLED 65e6v.
- Oppo 203 can make ANY 4K disc play in Dolby Vision. Not only that but it upscales regular blu rays to 2160p and also in dolby Vision. As the owner of a DV capable display this was music to my eyes!!
- It has no 'smart apps' of its own (like Netflix, Amazon Video etc) but I have an Apple TV 4K plugged into the Oppo's HDMI input which covers all that stuff.
- A great remote, ease of use, silent playback and the ability to play pretty much any media makes this an expensive but worthwhile, nay, essential addition to any cinephiles home setup.
- Disc after disc I fed the Oppo just to see what it could do. Jaws, Indiana Jones, Lord Of The rings. Older not reference discs like The Princess Bride and Midnight run. All were revelatory.
- The remote also has a great audio only button that sends a black screen to my TV when I'm just listening to music. Very useful to help you drift off into an album.
- It also has network play so I can also watch and listen to all the media I have stored on my NAS.
- As a player it is great, works well with my NAS
- Its the best network media player, you know its going to play network files and play the HD audio formats without a hitch.
- The dual HDMI outputs is great if I'm just listening to an audio CD and don't want to turn my TV on.
- Pleased it has a HDMI input that is unusual for other players. Appears to be very well constructed.