Product Comparison: iRobot Roomba 614 vs iRobot Roomba 690
- The well designed sweepers picks up a substantial amount of dust etc
- Recharging the battery was easy since you do not plug it in like say your phone. The charger sits on the floor and tabs on the bottom of the iRobot mate with the charge tabs.
- I ran the unit for a hour on a charge which I surmised was very good.
- It vacuums much longer than my Neato vacuums without having to return to the base to recharge.
- It can get mightily tangled up with thin wires dangling on to the floor - like a phone charging cable - I found this out the hard way - pull up cables and wire off the floor or put a barrier in front of the wires.
- The Roomba is the perfect little companion to vacuum my hardwood floors. Does a great job and even fits under the couch. Goodbye handheld vacuum and welcome to the family Roomba.
- I have 2 dogs and vacuum everyday. Now I can go to bed and set the Roomba to vacuum at midnight and wake up in the morning with one less thing to do.
- Works great on floors, rugs you name the surface it does it. Couldn't believe what it picked up
- Does decend job at its scheduled time. It’s good for one surface, so if your floor is up and down it does not ride. It does not pick up bigger dirt.
- The vacuum does good for surface dirt. It does not get everything but it does help
- Easy set up and easy to use. Once removed from the box and the battery tab was removed (just pull the tape) it was good to go. It came charged up so I could try it out right away.
- The Roomba changes from hardwood to carpet to throw rug to tile with no problems. My Neatos do this as well.
- The users manual was easy to understand with clear illustrations BUT there were no tips or words of wisdom concerning use of the device.
- This is a very basic vacuum. It doesn't have a display so I'm wondering how I'll get error message codes when something goes wrong with the vacuum.
- It doesn't have the capability to schedule cleanings (you always need to press the button to clean).
- Roomba convenience with WiFi capability for greater control.
- I love this roomba. Works as expected. Love the wifi feature!
- Works great, WiFi is a plus, good with pet hair!!!
- Works great after it learns the layout of the room or area being cleaned.
- This is nice you can set schedules, goes from room to room. The app works great too.
- Docks itself after cleaning with battery life to spare.
- Learns chair and table legs, moving around them to clean surprisingly well.
- Spot feature is great for a specific area - works its way out in widening circles.
- Accessing and Emptying the dust bin was straightforward and very user friendly.
- It does get stuck on my back door rug and living room rug quite often and yells "error" at me and stops.
- It is louder than I would have anticipated -- around the volume of a hand held dirt devil.
- It did not find / enter our small sun room directly off of the dining room, despite a wide open doorway that is 5 feet across. Am hoping that by manually placing it in the room a couple of times it will find it.
- Dust bin area is small. I have to empty it a few times during a session.
- Had this for a few weeks now and my wife loves it! Smart features are amazing!
- Dust bin is small and it is not that smart but works.
- Does great job whole house has hardwood or concrete floors filled bin first couple nights then less to be picked up each night
- Also I've go surprised by the amount of dirt to be taken out of the bin after each cleaning. Took me quite some time to remove all the hair. The provided tool was pretty helpful though.
- It has not scratched anything (the bumper works very well), the bristles are very gentle on the hardwood floor and hasn't toppled anything.