Product Comparison: Wahl 5537-1801 vs Remington VPG6530
- Blades were sharp enough and last fine for mild use.
- Wish it was waterproof, but so far have not had any problems keeping it dry around the sink & tub!
- When working, the blade area gets pretty hot after just 30 seconds. Not enough to burn, but certainly not comfortable.
- The blades cut well and are sharp but they don't cut closely enough to the skin.
- Pulls hair, blades gets rusty even with proper maintenance and oiling.
- It is easy to us, excellent blade size, not to big or to small to handle full beard trim and small intricate trim.
- The trimmer blades work well and provide a good cut. I use this for trimming my beard and cutting my hair.
- Blades are fine and have not trouble trimming my thick beard.
- Cuts are not amazing due to the distance between the blades and the setting.
- The blade is not as strong as the previous model I had. Doesn't cut well.
- It's safe to the touch, light weight, and there's no pesky cord to worry about so your range is wide open.
- It's compact, light weight, and simple to use.
- The small size helps get into tight areas under my nose.
- Also, this is light and handy enough to use as a travel grooming accessory, since it weighs nothing and takes up so little space.
- Cheap materials, quality is not as good as my other Wahl trimmer.
- The overall quality as in material and weight it what you would expect from a cheaply priced trimmer.
- I don't have a sensitive skin, but there are red spots allover due to the cheap material.
- Good size.
- The vacuum mouth next to the blades gets stuck u have to shake the machine for the hair to go in , the turbo vacuum its small and it doesn't suck the hair.
- This product was purchased as a beard trimmer but too bulky so it was returned for a more slimmer down version.
- My first concern when I received this trimmer was its bulkiness. It is noticeably larger than other trimmers.
- The clipper is very bad materials , and very bad quality!! its hardly cut the hair!
- The small cutting head allows precision I could not achieve with my full sized hair trimmer.
- I also liked the nose/ear trimmer they included too, it was a nice gift to complete the pack! All the other small accessories they included are nice too, including the blade oil to keep it in good shape.
- Comes with attachments/accessories.
- I the different accessories make it easier to get the exact length of hair you want.
- The clip-on guides are difficult to attach.
- The unit is nice to hold, feels good in the hand, so ergonomically it's fine.
- In terms of ergonomics, i had no problems.
- The charging indicator lights are nice.
- Its a nice machine, comes with many accessories.
- Product is very precise, versatile and has a great assortment of accessories.
- Plus it runs on batteries so its great for traveling,
- My favorite feature of the Wahl 5537-1801 is the replaceable AA batteries.
- However, my biggest complaint is that it burns through batteries when it's not even turned on. If I leave fresh batteries sitting in the clipper, they nearly die within a week.
- It burns through batteries faster than I'm willing to deal with.
- I've had to replace the batteries every other use.
- I do like that this is rechargeable, I plugged it in when I got it and unplugged it the next morning.
- The rechargeable battery is impressive, and after a couple weeks, I purposely wanted to test the charge time. It worked fine each time and very handy without a cord.
- The rechargeable lithium battery charged up in about an hour initially and took about four hours to charge after fully drained.
- Holds a long battery life.
- It was a nice trimmer, however the battery lost the ability to recharge about 4 months after the warranty expired.