Product Comparison: Waring YM350 vs Cuisinart CYM-100
- This is a wonderful yogurt maker. It came as expected. Makes awesome yogurt and very easy to use, You will love it very handy to have around!!!
- It claims a 50 Oz capacity but the practical amount is around 40 oz. We liked it so well, it led us to eating more yogurt.
- The capacity is fine (just over a liter), and results are, within the bounds of a biological system, pretty consistent.
- I like that you have one big container and not several little jars.
- You can make batches of 50 oz., which is especially important if you are planning to make Greek yogurt, because the straining reduces the volume considerably.
- I was surprised to see the capacity of the yogurt maker no more than 1.1 Liters not as they clamed to be 1.5 liters !
- Love It; Small but so easy to use.
- This machine delivers what it promises and is durable.
- The yogurt maker is great. Perfect size and simple to use and clean
- I also like that it's a nice sleek size, not bulky.
- The plastic container came as a surprise and is a big disappointment. Warming anything into a plastic container isn't recommended.
- I also like the countdown display... I see the soothing blue and hear the gentle hum of the fan, and I know my yogurt is on its way!
- The controls are simple to use
- Wonderful controls for more minute gradations in cooking time and thus texture.
- Complaints - if there is one complaint, it's that the display is BRIGHT. It's an attractive blue, but definitely lights up the kitchen on a dark night.
- You cannot control the temperature (if you want to do that).
- Thick, creamy yogurt. Works so much better than traditional incubation methods.
- The fermentation timer will set for up to 24 hrs at 1 hour intervals.
- The deciding factor for me was how it switches to chilling automatically when the timer is done.
- Do you still need to heat the milk before adding it to the yogurt maker to make it not be too thin.
- Construction - sold, well thought out.
- I appreciate that the cord removes for storage, so it can sit flush against the counter-top back splash.
- I originally bought it because I have kids, so wanted to avoid glass jars
- The large capacity container appealed to me because it is PLASTIC (not glass!)
- The simple fact that there's no clear and very obvious indication that is is BPA free
- The big selling point for us was the self cooling feature.
- I paid the amount for this (over other machines) due to the refrigeration feature anf it was SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.
- It did function as expected, and the cool down and hold feature was a bonus.
- The yogurt container is dishwasher safe, so not really any clean-up at all.
- You can hear a small noise while it is heating or cooling but that cycles on and off as the machine is heating or cooling.