Maxxis Ignitor Mountain Bike Tire
What About Extreme Rides?
Maxxis Ignitor Mountain Bike tires are in high demand among professional racers since it's due to these very tires they usually win various bicycle races. The manufacturer takes into account even the smallest details and all needs of riders. Speaking of the Ignitor tire, we would like to stress that it boasts a great tread lay-up, thus when riding on the flat terrain it creates minimal resistance. It's also worth noting that the tire has excellent density, and in combination with ramped pentagonal knobs, it provides excellent traction and goes smoothly on various surfaces. These tires can be used both for loose ground and for fine gravel.
Get the pair of Maxxis mountain bike tires for winning races or adventurous rides!
Maxxis is a trusted tire brand delivering high-quality tire products to more than 180 countries worldwide. MAXXIS is renown for the highest quality of their products: tires, related parts, and accessories.
However, Maxxis didn’t become a leading tire company overnight, it started small. The company was founded in 1967 in Taiwan, and primarily it was the manufacturer of just bicycle tires. Step by step, Maxxis became the top company of bicycle tires in the world. Today, Maxxis is a well-known brand in the United States as well as in European and Asian countries. But no matter how large the company became, providing their customers with the best products and service is still their primary mission. Maxxis means excellence in all their products including bicycle, automobile, motorcycle, light truck, bus, trailer, race kart, and lawn & garden segments.
So, once you try Maxxis tires, you are likely to become their lifelong customer!
More Products to Consider
Another must-have for mountain rides is a reliable bike pump.
Continental X-King Fold ProTection Bike Tire
Say "Bye" to Punctures
Tires from the world-famous Continental company are known for their reliability and durability, and you can verify this! X-King Fold ProTection tires rank over their rivals with one huge advantage! These tires do not require a separate inner tube, thus, can be used as tubeless mountain bike tires. Yet, the main benefit of these super tires is their multilayer structure that provides excellent protection against punctures and cuts. All this is due to 4 plies of 240 TPI under the tread and 3 plies 180 TPI in the sidewall. Opt for these Continental mountain bike tires to make your rides safe and fun!
The material the tires are made of affects the grip, rolling resistance and, of course, mileage. Being specialized in plastics technology, the ContiTech engineers have developed a new high-quality unique rubber mixture and called it BlackChili Compound. This compound reduces rolling resistance by 26% and provides incredible 30% more grip! Such tires also impress us with higher mileage and provide a smooth ride till the last mile.
The Most Expensive Bicycle
Butterfly Trek Madone! This is the most expensive bike in the world created by the famous artist Damien Hirst. In order to beautify his creation, the British artist grew more than one hundred butterflies to use their wings as the decoration of bike's frame and rims. Such creative bike looked very impressive but was exposed to a lot of criticism from societies of nature and animal protection.
This bike was created so that Lance Armstrong could ride it on Tour de France, in 2009.
People predicted that the price of this bike would make incredible $1.3 million, but the Sotheby's auction selling stopped at $500 thousand, and all the money went to the Lance Armstrong's charity foundation
More Products to Consider
Probably, it's high time to replace your old mountain bike pedals.
Kenda K850 Aggressive MTB Wire Bead Bicycle Tire
Ride Wherever You Want!
Kenda company is well-known for its quality and reliable tires, and K850 model is no exception. These are all-round tires that can be used for riding on literally any terrain. They boast excellent stability when riding on pavement or other smooth surfaces, and even if you ride for a long time, their resistance remains at the highest level. All this is thanks to a specially designed aggressive tread pattern that works its best on off-road trails. So, due to the excellent grip, the tires will provide stable ride even when sweeping in mud and dirt.
Durable and Long-lasting
Kenda K850 tires are extremely durable and, thus, boast a long service life. They are quite strong and can last up to 5 years, yet they require proper care. It's advisable to wash off the dirt after every "muddy" ride.
We would like to stress that these tires perform well on all slopes thanks to the thick sidewalls, so you can not worry about punctures while downhill riding. Overall, if you are looking for reliable tires to last in different riding conditions, Kenda Aggressive MTB Wire Bead Bicycle Tires are well worth their money!
How Many Bicycles are There in the World?
Few of us know that the Netherlands is also called the country of cyclists as almost every citizen of this country has a bike, to be more precise, 99% of Netherlanders ride this type of vehicle. But compared to China, the number of Netherlands' bikes is a drop in the ocean, as more than half of all bicycles in the world are widely used in this country. Impressive? Yet, it's not surprising since more than a billion people live in China, and more than 50% of them pedal to work every day. According to statistics, there are about 1.6 billion bicycles in the world.
More Products to Consider
If you can't imagine traveling without your kids, get one of these wonderful child bike trailers.
Schwinn Street Comfort Bike Tire
Forget About Damages!
Riding over rough terrain, many people face punctures. We encounter a huge number of different sharp objects such as thorns, glass, pieces of wire, and other hidden dangers. That's why most mountain bike tires are made of high-quality compounds to provide the best possible protection against punctures. Yet for production Street Comfort Bike Tires, Schwinn engineers used more advanced protective technology, namely, they put the high-density Kevlar belt under tread center to prevent small objects from piercing the tire. And, you know, the active riders say that Kevlar belt really works! So, with these downhill mountain bike tires, you can be sure that you will not face a punched tire somewhere far from your home!
Optimal Tire Pressure
The "right" tire pressure depends on the terrain you are going to ride, the weather conditions, and your weight. And here are some tips how to make your ride comfortable.
- It's a well-known fact that the higher the tire pressure is, the lower the rolling resistance is. For example, you can run your tires a bit softer for extra grip if the trail is muddy and the weather is bad. But remember that continuous low pressure might lead to tire wear.
- If you have a wide tire, you may also play around with pressures. Wide tires with low inflation pressure absorb bumps better and, thus, are ideal for mountain rails.
- For super fast riding on smooth roads, like race tracks, it's advisable to inflate tires to the maximum permitted pressure.
Keep in mind that the pressure you put in your tires will always reflect the ride quality you want!
More Products to Consider
To protect your bike from bad weather, buy a reliable bike cover.
Kenda Small Block 8 XC Mountain Bike Tire
Fast and Safe!
Kenda Small Block 8 XC tires are super fast mountain bike tires! A distinctive feature of these tires is their unique Dual Tread Compound (DTC) and 20 TPI casing that provide better grip with faster center line acceleration! Dual tread compound includes L3R PRO compound in the center of the tire to reduce wear during long rides and STICK-E compound located closer to the sides to provide an excellent grip on any surface, which is especially important for rocky trails. Overall, these Kenda mountain bike tires are best for cross-country rides. You are welcome to conquer craggy peaks!
- In China, people use 245 times as many bicycles as they use cars. For example, in Beijing, it's possible to commute to work by bike much faster than by any other vehicle, if, of course, we are talking about relatively short distances.
- The lungs of riders hold about 2 liters more air than lungs of those not involved in riding.
- Well-off Britishers cycle 3 times as much as poorer citizens. Those, in turn, prefer to commute by public transport.
- In the district Vauban, southern Germany, people use only bikes or their feet to get somewhere around their district. The Vauban is situated in Freiburg, the city that boasts over 250 miles of cycle paths and more than 9,000 bike parking spaces. Plus, all buildings in the city must meet minimum low energy consumption. No wonder it is known around the world as an eco-city.
- Fred Rompelberg set the world speeding record! The Dane brought his bike to the speed of 268 km/h in 1995.
More Products to Consider
If you need to transport your bike to a distant beautiful valley, you surely need a bike rack.
What is a Mountain Bike Tire
One of the most important components of any wheel is a tire. A mountain bike tire provides a good grip and absorbs all the bumps during adventurous rides up and down the hills. That's why it is so important to have a good tire that will do its job properly!
A reliable bike helmet is a must for all mountain riders since it can protect your head and sometimes even save your life in case of falls.
What Features to Compare
First of all, you should pay attention to the tire size to fit your rim. The surest way to find out the size of your MTB (mountain bike) wheels is to look at your old tire.
Tires with a width from 1.8 to 2.4 inches are most suitable for mountain trails. Yet, the fans of downhill or freeride should pay attention to the wider tires (2.5 - 3 inches). Such tires make bikes more stable, thereby reducing the risk of falls.
Note that it's not necessary to buy tires of strictly the same width as the old set. So if you want to improve stability or adhesion, you can opt for slightly wider tires.
Next, you need to determine what terrain you're going to conquer, for example:
- To ride on fairly smooth and twisty mountain slopes, you don't have to buy tires with the aggressive tread pattern.
- If the route you are going to move on is full of mud, you need open tread pattern that will hold onto less mud.
- Tires with high knobs are ideal for riding on challenging areas (rocks, forest trails,etc). So, if you want to go for a full drift experience, opt for these very tires.
Tires with widely-spaced knobs are considered the most versatile since they increase rolling resistance, roll faster and ‘quieter’.
Also, do not forget tire stiffness. Tires have a so-called сarcass density which is measured in the number of threads per inch (TPI).
Carcass tread lay-up influences rolling speed, conformity and durability. Here, everything is simple, the more treads the tire has, the more elastic it is.
And finally, check the maximum air pressure a tire withstands. 50 PSI is more than enough for mountain bike tires. Yet it is necessary to consider the style of riding and the weight of a rider.
1. Bike Tires: How to Choose, REI. July 28, 2016.
2. Mountain bike tyres buying guide, Wiggle.
3. How to choose mountain bike tires, MTBR. April 05, 2016.
4. K. Sullivan, C. Abbott, E. Nilson, J. Dallas Mountain Bike Tires: How to Choose, REI. February 19, 2016.
5. Joey Esterhuyzen Choosing mountain bike tires for XC, enduro and downhill, BikeRoar. April 2, 2014.
6. Matt Lamy What’s the correct road bike tyre pressure? Cycling Weekly. August 3, 2016.
7. The importance of tyre pressure – and how to get it right, ROADCYCLING UK.
8. Leo Babauta 6 Tips for Commuting to Work by Bike, zen habits.