What is a Hot Air Brush
The most common way of comb-out both at home and in beauty salons is combining 2 styling essentials - a styling brush and a hair dryer. However, handling these 2 units at a time can become a tremendous challenge if you're up to doing your hair on your own. Well, there is a way to make hairdressing easier for girls, cutting down on accessories to use - get a hot air brush. This versatile and innovative styling device has already gained recognition of a million women worldwide and is growing more and more popular these days. A round-shaped brush looks pretty much like a conventional comb but has a few openings to let hot air circulate and heat hair locks one by one. Hot air brushes are used for straightening, curling, waving and adding volume. Their use is very diverse! But the biggest advantage of combing hair with this styling tool is that the hair, in the end, looks pretty natural and doesn't have sharp lines.
However, if you do want to get rebellious or bouncy curls, you would probably still need to use some specialized appliances. Read our reviews on curling irons, straightening brushes, and flat irons and store up the things all girls ought to keep at home.
What Features to Compare
First of all, you should pay attention to the form, size and material of a styling attachment. The vast majority of thermo brushes come fitted with round barrels ranging in size from 1 to 2 inches. Here, the degree of curling is absolutely dependent on a styling barrel's diameter. Thin barrels are meant for making more intricate curls while barrels with a bigger diameter provide looser, more relaxed waves. Additionally, you can find hot air brushes with other styling attachments in a form of a bristle brush (perfect for roots lifting) or a variety of combs with a different length of the teeth (perfect for straightening). Different attachments offer you an option to experiment with your hairstyles and find the one that suits best your hair type, thickness and, of course, your looks. As regards the material a grill is made of, ceramic is the most popular coating. Ceramic heats up quickly and evenly distributes heat along barrel's surface, maintaining constant temperature during the whole styling process. It means that the ceramic barrel reduces the amount of time you spend on setting the hair and thus, protects your hair from damage. But we should note that a tourmaline ceramic coating is known to be even better than an ordinary ceramic one. When heated, this material emits negative ions that have a positive effect on your hair since they combat positive ions that cause frizz. The negative ions lock in moisture and seal cuticles resulting in shinier and softer hair. There are also hot air brushes with a titanium ceramic coating available on the market. The combo coating has the same features as ceramic but is more resistant to chemical and mechanical damage and temperature drops.
Power and Variable Settings
Power, temperature settings, and adjustable spin control are the next crucial features you should consider. As regards the power, everything is quite simple since the higher the power is, the faster your hair will be styled. Generally, a hot air brush with the power below 500 Watts perfectly suits women with short and shoulder length hair. If we speak about air brushes with the power of 1,000 Watts and above, these models can provide salon-like results in a comfort of your home even on long hair. But don't forget that high temperatures increase the risk of hair overheating and may cause significant damage, so it is preferable to opt for a model with adjustable temperatures. Thus, you can choose between cool, low, med, high temperatures depending on your hair type or needs. Another important feature for a convenient hairstyling is a spin control that allows turning a barrel to whatever direction you like for a specific curling effect.
Finally, a hot air brush should have different features that make a tool maximally convenient to use. Choose a model with antistatic bristles and the tips that don't heat up. In such a way you will prevent hair tangling and will never burn your scalp. Additionally, some air hot brushes are designed with a removable filter that maximally simplifies a styling tool maintenance and prolongs the lifespan of a built-in motor. The usability of the device also depends on a cord length, the longer the better. Additionally, a cord with a 360-degree pivot will give you enhanced maneuverability during use. No need to say, a hot air brush must have an ergonomic handle, thus you will be able to use a tool for a long time and it will not cause a hand fatigue. All in all, if you travel a lot, it'd be handy to opt for a brush with a cover to protect brush bristles from damage during transportation.
Professional Hair Care at Home
The manufacturer claims that BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Rotating Hot Air Brush is an improved styling tool designed in compliance with sophisticated modern technologies to make you look perfect. Let's try to find out whether this statement is true or just another marketing trick.
- The first thing that sets this hot air brush apart from competitors is Nano Titanium™ technology. Its main purpose is to provide a sensitive hair care. The air flow in the brush is evenly distributed to dry your hair thoroughly without overheating and overdrying. Besides, the brush can add excellent volume and brilliant shine to your locks.
- The next advantage of this hot air brush is its anti-static soft bristles and ionic technology. Thus, regularly combing your hair with this brush, you'll rid of hair tangling and "fizz" effect. Due to the ions affect, the moisture turns into the finest droplets which hair easily absorbs. The ionic technology stands for hair health and doesn't let it lose its moisture.
- The built-in motor uses up to 500 Watts to dry hair in seconds. Such efficiency is achieved not only by a powerful motor but also direct air input into the barrel so that neither of hot air atom is lost. As a result, girls with shoulder length hair don't need to spend longer than 5 minutes to do their hair. Rather convenient especially when you are in a hurry!
- The hot air brush is designed with a 2-inch barrel that spins in 2 different directions (left/right). Thus you can easily curl your hair inwards or outwards to your taste (or mood).
All in all, we can safely say that BaByliss hot air brush will make your hair soft, shiny and much healthier.
BaByliss Pro Success Story
“Any fancy hairstyle can be a reality”, that’s been the motto of BaBliss Pro company for more than 50 years already. By now the company has got its tools in over 30 countries across the globe and seems like its activity is only rolling out. At the beginning, BaBliss Pro was producing curling irons only which were popular not only in France (the origin country) but also outside the country. It was kind of prestigious to own professional-grade hairdressing equipment under BaBliss Pro name and foreign specialists massively flooded to France to get one for themselves. At that time already, the company took the leading position on the market and didn’t make a faux pax in any of the directions to lose customers’ trust, but only became stronger and more powerful, launching now not only curlers but also hair dryers, straighteners and hair trimmers. What makes BaBliss Pro company outstanding from most similar companies is its longing to deliver high-quality hairdressing tools which in its turn involves strong desire to meet customers’ satisfactions and compliance with strict standards and controls.
The company leads an active life in social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. So you can follow them and keep tabs on the launch of new products as well as regularly read the news about the company.
Globally renowned hair stylists use BaByliss PRO tools and recommend them for home use. A few tweaks with Babyliss hot air brush and several minutes of your time will result in a gorgeous hairdo!
More Products to Consider
It is recommended to air-dry your hair a little before styling it with the hot air brush. But if you are in a hurry, use a hair dryer to speed up this process.
Hair Dressing Like a Smoke
Nowadays, hot air brushes with a spinning barrel hold a special place in the market of hairdressing tools. And Hot air brush Infiniti Pro by Conair is a prominent representative of this product line. Those who cannot set their hair with the help of a dryer and a round brush find air hot brushes their saving grace. So, what's so special about this tool? This hot air brush is fully mechanized: it captures each strand of hair, combs it and then curls. All you have to do is just change the temperature settings and barrel's rotation direction. What's more, you can set your hair with one hand and use another one to speed up the styling process by organizing the locks that have already been curled. If compared to an ordinary curling iron or straightener, a hot air brush cuts on hairdressing time dramatically. But still, the whole process is not as easy as it seems since you have to develop your skills in using this tool and get the hang of it to get a salon-like hairdo. You may face the problem of tangled or even torn hair in case the brush is handled incorrectly. And of course, you need to figure out the direction of the barrel to achieve a specific curling effect. However, take it easy, everything comes with practice and after some time, you'll get used to Infiniti Pro hot air brush. The basics are, click left or right button to set your hair to the needed side. Make sure that your hair is 80% dry, you can either toss it with a towel or use a hair dryer, and only then you can start to comb. Combing would be much easier if you divide your hair into sections no thicker than 6-7 cm. Then, wrap each lock around the brush and when the roots are fully dry, pull the brush towards the ends of your hair. Brush each section until your hair-do is done completely. In the short run, hairdressing with Infiniti Pro hot air brush would be like a smoke for you.
Women are ready to go a great length for the sake of beauty. And a woman’s hair is her crowning glory that should look gorgeous! Long hair styles are what women aim to have through the ages. And as we all know it is quite complicated and time-consuming task to dry them evenly, especially without a hair dryer. Before the hair dryer invention by Alexander Godefroy in 1888, women used to air-dry their hair standing near the fire or masonry stove. And it is not surprising that such a process had often ended in accidents causing injuries. As regards Godefroy's blow dryer it was a large, seated version of a hair dryer that consisted of a bonnet, attached to the chimney pipe of a gas stove. The first electronic handheld fan was invented in the XX century by AEG company. It was quite heavy, weighing about 2 kg and obviously, it was not very handy. Moreover, it could quite often overheat and fail. But the point is the mechanism of a hair dryer has not undergone significant changes. The manufacturers have focused mainly on improving the wattage and construction material. Interestingly enough, the first blow dryer had a power of 100 Watts only! When compared to most modern beauty appliances today, drying hair with one of those was really slow! In the present days, a hair dryer can be found in the arsenal of every girl. It's become one of the main emergency accessories in the mornings to quickly smarten up our looks and go work. Opt fo Conair hot air brush and spend little time on hairstyling. Today it's all possible!
More Products to Consider
If your ever dream is to have gorgeous-looking and thick hair but in reality it's just too thin and grows really slowly, a hair loss shampoo is what you need.
Vidal Sasson VS433C Tangle-Free
Curly Locks Without Curling Iron
Vidal Sasson VS433C hot air brush is known for its versatility of use. It can make your hair look smooth, curly and thick and even more. With the help of this unique hot air brush, you can get small and bouncy curls just like if you’ve had them permed. A small 1-inch barrel allows catching and wrapping each hair lock and frizz it effortlessly. Below you’ll find some useful tips on how to create Hollywood curls, one of the most romantic and beautiful hairstyles each girl should have done at least once in her life:
- Wash your hair and apply a heat protectant to your hair to prevent possible hair damage and wipe with a towel;
- Divide your hair into several hair locks of the same size and pin them;
- Take your first section of hair and "fluff" it a little;
- Turn Vidal Sasson VS433C on and choose the appropriate temperature setting (low for fine and limp hair, high - for normal hair);
- Place the hot air brush underneath a hair lock near the roots to dry them. Note, that it is preferable to use "low" setting even if your locks are thick. This way you won't run a risk of hair thinning and overheating;
- When the roots are completely dry, pull the hot air brush outwards or inwards towards the ends of your hair;
- When the lock is curled, unlock the Curl release switch to release hair without tangling;
- Don't heat a lock for too long. It's recommended to quickly comb it up and down several times until the desired curling or straightening effect has been achieved.
- While your curl is still hot, roll it up and pin until it gets cool completely. The same should be done with the rest hair.
- Unpin your locks, gently brush curls out and smooth hair with some oil or serum to create softness and shine.
History of Hair Perming
The history is dumb on when and who has invented hair rollers. But what we definitely know is that the popularity of curling hair dates back to the Egyptian times. Then, women used to wear curly-haired wigs. They wounded their hair around sticks, coated it with clay and then exposed it to the sun. As regards Greek women, they also used to wear hair in tight curls. The first prototype of hair rollers in Greece was an ordinary wooden stick. Later, they started to use metal, gyps, and bronze sticks for hair perming. These rollers had a form of a rod with a round ball and a wooden knob. Romans called them "kálamos" and the slaves who were perming hair were called "kalámistros". To keep hair curly longer, Greek women coated their curls with wax. The result was, of course, great, but the flipside of waxing was that hair stuck together, was impossible to comb and tangled into knots. African women who also wanted to curl their hair used to wound hair locks around lianas covered with unique substance due to which the curls could retain their shape and bounciness. Interestingly enough, in some corners of Africa women still use the same curling method up to these days.
More Products to Consider
If you want to change your hair-do from straight to bouncy and wavy, a curling iron will come in handy. The dream of having romantic waves every day can become a reality.
John Frieda JFHA5R
The key feature hairstylists pay attention to when choosing hot air brushes is the material of a grill. The quality of the coating determines the effectiveness of a device and also the ability to preserve hair health. John Frieda hot air brush exceeds all expectations, featuring a titanium ceramic barrel. The combination of these 2 materials is rightfully considered to be the best one since the hot air brush with this coating type can treat your hair locks maximally gently. What's more, brushes with titanium ceramic barrels are known for their long service life. We'd like to specify the advantages of these 2 materials separately for a better understanding of all the benefits you may get on purchasing this hot air brush. A ceramic coating can heat the lock evenly across the entire length without overheating it. Titanium in its turn can fast within seconds, so you get not only effective performance but extremely swift!
John Frieda - the King of Hair-dresses
When John Frieda founded his first beauty salon in 1976 (London), he couldn’t possibly foresee the overwhelming success to come. But it did happen and the styling products released under his name were wanted by celebrities and experienced hairdressers from all the corners of the world. By the end of the XX century, the Frizz-Ease Hair Serum has completely turned round people’s perception of hair care, becoming the leading product for many years. Frizz-Ease Hair Serum has been awarded by Sunday Times and gained the title “The Product of the Decade” by Style Magazine. John Frieda went the extra mile and was the first one to produce hair products especially for blonds and brunettes. That’s been the next furor. In the course of time, Frieda’s products have gained worldwide recognition and more than 120 awards. That’s how John Frieda has managed to build business success and become the King of all hairdressers. The group of stylists called “House of Experts” keeps on working under John Frieda brand today, constantly improving its products. You can follow them on social networks: YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, and be aware of all recent innovations and products to be launched in the nearest future.
More Products to Consider
Trichologists advise brushing hair not less than 15 times a day in order to improve scalp's blood circulation and thus, make your hair healthy and strong. And we recommend you to kill two birds with one stone and opt for a head massager that will make you forget about muscle tension, headache, and migraine and of course improve blood circulation.
More Hair-dresses With no Harm to Your Hair
Infiniti Pro by Conair Styler Dryer is a dream of all girls who like to experiment with their looks. It comes with 3 different attachments so the options of use are much more than versatile. You can use a different barrel each day and look different, still pretty, beautiful and attractive. So, what’s there in a box? A detangling comb is what will help comb hair neatly without creating tangling knots. It also works great for adding some volume. A dual row fine tooth straightening comb is used to straighten the hair and eliminate the frizz. A bristle styling brush can actually replace two tools with ease, serving as a hair dryer and brush. Yet, you won’t need to spend as much time and achieve the desired hairstyle much quicker and with less effort. Without attachments, Infiniti Pro by Conair would still come in useful as a compact hair dryer you’d like to keep at hand while traveling for example. It’s small to fit in your bag and very handy not to bring around. Due to the Ionic technology, your hair will always look splendid with no frizz but incredibly smooth, shiny and healthy.
A Piece of Advice From Hairstylists
- If you have oily hair and have to wash and style it every day, you should make it a routine to use hair care products that include keratin. It will saturate your hair and protect it from thermal influence;
- Hot air brushes can add quite a lot of volume to the hair roots and there’s hardly a better tool that delivers the same effect. But not all girls look the same attractive with thick and volume hair. If you’ve got round cheeks, for example, such a hairstyle can make them look even bigger. This is where you’d win more wearing sleek locks;
- End each hair drying process with cool air. It can smooth down cuticles and thus, make hair look silkier and smoother;
- To keep your hair healthy, it is preferable to eat lots of fruit, vegetables and, of course, take B and C iron reach vitamin tablets;
- Do not go to bed till your hair is fully dry since when your hair is wet it is prone to breaking and damaging;
- If your locks tangle all the time, we'd recommend you to apply several drops of rosemary oil to a brush before combing your hair;
- Comb your hair more often since this process stimulates hair growth, improves blood circulation resulting in well-groomed appearance;
- It is recommended to rinse your hair with cool water to add some shining to your hair;
- Hair that has been dyed recently is more manageable and thus, goes easy on styling.
More Products to Consider
Saloniture Tabletop Blow Dryer & Hair Iron Holder is designed to keep your styling tools in order and create a professional workspace.
1. What Is a Hot Air Brush? wiseGEEK.
2. Lynn Wright How to choose the best hair styling tool, Saga Magazine. May 23, 2016.
3. Joanna Goddard A Hair Trick, A Cup Of Jo. May 6, 2014.
4. What Is a Hot Air Brush? drugstore.
5. How to Curl Hair Using a Hot Air Brush, wikiHow.
6. Jenny Strebe Old-Hollywood Curls: A Glamorous Hairstyle for the Holidays, MORE.
7. How to Keep Your Hair Healthy, wikiHow.
8. Amy Corbett Storch The Truth About Ions, Alpha Mom.
9. MEENAL Does Heat Protectant Really Save Your Hair? StyleCraze. September 20, 2016.