Product Comparison: beyerdynamic Byron BT vs beyerdynamic Byron BTA
- With the comply tips I got a good fit with a nice seal. I couldn’t get the ear hooks to work with the comply tips as they are thicker and a bit longer than the silicone tips. No matter as I couldn’t get them to work right with the original tips anyway.
- These are small, probably the smallest iem I have owned. They are made with all metal and are very nice looking. They are also built well.
- Form factor. The earbuds are magnetic at the ends so they snap together. If you need to take them off for a period of time, you can put them around your neck and the earbuds will snap together. Handy!
- The Byrons come with 3 sets of silicone ear tips. and this is my only complaint with them and the reason I deducted 1 star. I couldn't get a comfortable fit with any of them. So, when I got them home I pulled the black foam tips from my Shure SE846s and they fit perfectly.
- Compact, easy to use/setup, very good clarity. Bought 6 for the whole family.
- Sounds great, light weight. The headset produce a warmer sound, and the sound stage is amazing, comfortable to wear all day. Great battery life.
- Excellent Sound Quality! Great comfort! Very happy with my purchase and excellent product by beyerdynamic!
- Battery life is impressive, and the build quality is pretty good. Pairing over bluetooth was straight forward. Definitely recommend these.
- Bluetooth by its very nature will compromise sound quality because the transmission of the sound compresses the music stream, but having said that, this set of Byron BTs have beautifully full natural sound.
- As stated these sound great, Locomotive Breath was crisp and broad with the piano, guitar, bass and flute/piccolo. Sounded great, and with the Byron BT I picked up nuances other earphones didn’t allow.
- Battery life is better than most bluetooth earbuds of this form factor (more on this in a second though!). It has been about 7 hours in my real-world listening usage.
- Not too big of a fan of the microphone/button thing that hangs on the side because it's a bit too big
- The only limitation is that the multi-function button only works to answer calls and pause & start music on the windows phone; it wont start Cortana (windows version of Siri).
- The sound is excellent, but the highs and lows are emphasized over the mids. This doesn't mean the mids are absent, but just not as pronounced. Everything is clear and crisp. The bass is surprisingly good for an in ear phone.
- Excellent wireless audio product and great value. Instant bluetooth connection to my iPhone 7. Use it at gym every night for music and Audible book listening. Sweaty ear canals sometimes require re-seating the buds but they don't slip out. They just break the acoustical seal with ear canal.
- When battery is low the headphones constantly tell you "battery is low" which makes them unusable below half power
- The headphones have no auto-shutdown and will stay on until the battery dies
- Had these headphones for 2 months and they've already started giving me problems. The right earbud has started hissing and making crackling noises. If I put slight pressure on the battery the problem stops but obviously that isn't a practical solution.