Product Comparison: Veho MUVI K2 vs GoPro HERO4
Veho MUVI K2
- Love the size and shape and is great for bike riding and hiking.
- As they proudly state on the site, the K2 is in fact smaller. Probably 3/4th the size of the old model. Probably achieved by getting that LCD screen out.
- I love the small size, even having huge hands.
- The GoPro is an action sports camera. It is designed to be small, out of the way, and very durable.
- The GoPro contains many features in a very small package.
- GoPros are small and durable; this allows them to be placed in a variety of different places in order to get unique shots.
- The LCD screen is very helpful for framing shots and can even be attached within the waterproof case.
- The screen is great for framing the shot when mounting the camera on a helmet or handlebar. But once that is done, you really don't need to have the screen on. It just sucks up battery juice.
- It also comes with a nice carrying case, a waterproof case that has both the small back and large back for the LCD screen as well as a nice starter bundle of mounts.
- I like the versatility of being able to have the LCD screen attached, though I'm not sure when I would find it useful to remove it.
- ithout the additional screen the NPNG model provides, or a smart phone that will run the app, you would have NO way to set up or use the camera. Even with the app, you can not set every function on the camera.
- Turns out that the LCD is perfect. For such a small screen I was afraid that it would be difficult to use.
- The touch screen is sensitive and easy to move through various settings. I'm sure I'll be adding more to this as time goes by.
- The new screen is a HUGE plus. Watch live feed of whats being recorded.
- The camera works great and for me the touch screen on the back makes it a lot better than the GP4 (specially for diving, without needing to buy more and more accessories).
- It filmed for one day before it started to freeze and the LCD went black screen.
- Love it - gives me the best photos and video - much better than Go Pro
- Very well constructed. The video quality is ruined by compression artifacts which are very visible if you try to read signs in the video.
- I bought the cam for my husband who is a mountain biker and a downhill mountain biker. He made a few videos this past weekend and they were really great.
- Other than that it takes good video. The user interface is clunky but not too horrible considering. I do love the waterproof case. Another good feature--it continues recording as it charges.
- Video quality is really disgusting even at the top level of settings. Don't recommend to buy this stuff
- I will admit that I have never shot any video from these and honestly hate seeing video after video of crazy people doing crazy stuff, but these are great if that is your goal.
- I shot a total of about 1 minute at 2.7K video and the quality is awesome.
- Best camera out there. It takes unbelievably clear photos and videos.
- The quality of the video is pretty much in it's own category. I have some other action cams. Although they are great for what I purchased them for... nothing out there compares to the go pro products.
- Have had this camera for about 6 months and have gotten good use out of it. Quality of the videos is great.
- Camera is totally underrated, only flaw is in the muvi app. Muvi app is jerky. Easy to edit video. If you're in the market for a gopro type, quality, action cam, don't pass on this one.
- I use it under water and recommend the filters for sure!
- Its really an awesome video camera except its heating issues.
- Also, the power and HDMI ports are really close together. To use them both at the same time I had to shave down the plastic around the cable plugs.
- The controls and setup are difficult and annoying without using the phone app. The continuous photo capture is nice, but it keeps the same exposure setting the whole time.
- The features and images come out better than the old model of course, but I'm still learning about using different settings so there's lots of room for image improvements.
- On the technical level, I would love to find some of the features of the SONY cameras, like splash-proof capability of the naked camera, better sound, in-built GPS and the super smart system to stabilize the video, all at a half of a GoPro cost.
- The camera is very improved from the hero 3+ silver, and the LCD touch screen is very practical, it is a very high quality product which i recommend for people who only wants a good/tough camera with a lot of features and for professional use.
- The battery can sometimes struggle on colder days when I am recording snowboarding, but given that this camera contains loads of processing power in a very small package, I understand that the battery will not last forever.
- The bundle I ordered (surf) is a great deal. I use my equipment in the water primarily so the accessories in this bundle make it an even better value.