Product Comparison: Pit Boss Grills 72820 vs Traeger TFB38TOD
- Bigger grilling area than the comparable Traeger, also less expensive.
- Also it is so convenient to use. Just plug in, set the temp and let it heat up and then adjust to your cooking temp.
- Bought this during the spring and have used it all year long does a great job holds temps good and will give you great smoke flavor.
- The actual temp and the control temp started out to be around 50 degrees apart, but I think that was because it was very windy. The next time I used it, it was within 10 degrees, so, I'm happy with that.
- Tried another pork butt set on 225 degrees temp once again ran away after an hour.
- The food is so tasty! I have done everything from hamburgers to chicken and pulled pork. Everything that comes off this grill tastes like it is from an bbq restaurant.
- The chicken came out perfectly and was so juicy which i never get that when i grill chicken. I was very impressed with this grill and cant wait to use it more.
- I love the way they barbeque and smoke the food, always a reliable degree of heat, and the meat comes out moist. I cannot recommend the Traeger enough.
- We used to have the small Traeger Grill and we loved it so we upgraded to a bigger capacity. Thanks Treager!!!
- This is the most awesome grill that I have ever seen! Assembly took a little while and was very exciting!
- The smoker is very sturdy and seems quite strong and well built.
- Way easy to operate and really heavy duty construction. The reason I chose this over the traeger was it just felt way sturdier and strong construction.
- Heavy duty metal gauge construction and the parts fit together very nicely.
- This grill has very sturdy construction and is easy to assemble.
- I was so excited to get this grill for the weekend. It was easy to assemble and get going. It has a great place for me to keep my bbq tools and a front rack to set stuff down so I am able to easily put things on and off the grill.
- The construction is solid and the instructions are easy to follow.
- Not as solid of construction as I was hoping for.
- Customer service was very responsive, helpful in troubleshooting & sent replacement parts immediately.
- The upper rack in addition to the main cooking area is a nice feature. The wheels make it easy for one person to move. You do need access to an outlet, so make sure you have a place where this can be plugged in.
- The two biggest pros of this grill are the lack of ash and the way the fat drips off the brisket onto the edges of the pan and directly into the drip bucket. Super satisfied.
- First issue was a temp control module board, which the manufacturer actually sent me directly & I had to install it.
- The only problem they had was an unclear part of the directions; be sure you put the wheels on the correct side of the grill, opposite the handle. It was easy to fix, but they didn't realize the instructions were for the model with the side shelf.
- I love the orange badging and and handle which makes it stand out from the other Pro Series grills.
- Not too difficult to install, just keep track of which colored wire plugs into which. Works great!
- I love this product. One needs to really follow the directions on subsequent start ups. It is a little more technical than a grill but well worth it.
- Fabulous. You can control the temperature and walk away.