Product Comparison: Camp Chef PG24DLX vs Traeger TFB38TOD
- Turn it on and it's ready in about 10 minutes. Old school smoker takes about half hour to prep and get to right temp.
- Works great and there are handy features such as ability to change out the pellets and the ash dump.
- It's a wonderful grill and I highly recommend it. The smoke flavor enhances most any meat (and vegetable). It has plenty of surface area.
- It has a large cooking area. I just smoked 6# of chicken tenderloins - all at once!
- Maybe if the igniter had more surface area you'd get better contact and ignition.
- The food is so tasty! I have done everything from hamburgers to chicken and pulled pork. Everything that comes off this grill tastes like it is from an bbq restaurant.
- The chicken came out perfectly and was so juicy which i never get that when i grill chicken. I was very impressed with this grill and cant wait to use it more.
- I love the way they barbeque and smoke the food, always a reliable degree of heat, and the meat comes out moist. I cannot recommend the Traeger enough.
- We used to have the small Traeger Grill and we loved it so we upgraded to a bigger capacity. Thanks Treager!!!
- This is the most awesome grill that I have ever seen! Assembly took a little while and was very exciting!
- Assembly is very easy and the construction seems heavy duty and made to last a long time.
- Feature wise, it has: an accurate thermostat, food probe, ash drop tray (way bigger feature than it sounds), solid construction and relatively easy assembly.
- The construction is pretty basic, several sheet metal screws needed tightening.
- Smoked my first chicken the next day. Works to perfection. Well constructed smoker.
- Our grate had some cracked porcelain areas.
- I was so excited to get this grill for the weekend. It was easy to assemble and get going. It has a great place for me to keep my bbq tools and a front rack to set stuff down so I am able to easily put things on and off the grill.
- The construction is solid and the instructions are easy to follow.
- Not as solid of construction as I was hoping for.
- The controller is exceptional: built in cool down function, high and low smoke settings, pellet prime for charging auger
- Built in meat probe port so you don't have to run you probe wires under the lid.
- I finally chose this one because of the cleanout feature with the ash removal cup beneath the smoker box.
- The shutdown feature is nice. Click it to the position and around 10-15 minutes later the fire is out and cooled down and the fan shuts off. Very nice smoker for the price with all the features that the others, don't have.
- One area needing improvement is the handle on the pellet hopper door. Water can seep in causing the pellets to turn back ti sawdust. I plan to seal this area with high temp silicone.
- I love the orange badging and and handle which makes it stand out from the other Pro Series grills.
- Not too difficult to install, just keep track of which colored wire plugs into which. Works great!
- I love this product. One needs to really follow the directions on subsequent start ups. It is a little more technical than a grill but well worth it.
- Fabulous. You can control the temperature and walk away.