Hot Dog and Spaghetti Recipe That Even Adults Will Love
Hot dog wieners with noodles - what can be simpler? However, there’s one incredibly simple way to turn them into a smashingly fun and easy-to-prepare dish.
- 8 hot dog sausages
- 1/2 lb of thin spaghetti
- Sauce (optionally for the pasta)
- Salt to your taste
- Prepare the sausages.
- Remove the coating if it’s not edible;
- Cut the sausages into 1/4-inch thick round slices;
- Thread each slice with 4-to-7 spaghetti strands;
- Carefully submerge the results into large bowl of water, add the salt;
- Cook in accordance with the spaghetti package instructions;
- Drain and serve hot in deep or large plates with or without the sauce.
○ If the spaghetti strands are too long to fit into the bowl, break them in half.
○ Use thin noodles that take no longer than 10 minutes to boil. Otherwise, your sausages may be overcooked by the time the spaghetti is done.
○ The sausage brand is not critical. Just choose the one that may cook longer without bursting out or falling apart for the aforementioned reason.
○ Although it's hardly likely that there'll be any leftovers left, if this is the case, you can refrigerate them and reheat on the next day in a microwave or in a frying pan.
○ Preparing this dish is surprisingly fun and humorous with the kids. Cut the sausages yourself and let the kids poke them with spaghettis.