Do you like cakes? Everyone likes cakes. And this one? You’ll LOVE it! Extra-tender texture with soft white delicious cream - this coconut cake will blow away your guests, and everyone at birthday parties will be begging for more.
This coconut cake can easily become the pinnacle of a party for any occasion as everyone will want to take a bite of it. Anyway, here are two separate lists for layers and frosting. However, if you decide to prepare your own cake mix for the layers instead of buying one, check out the footnote at the end of this article to find the mix recipe too.
I find the 3-layer variant to be the best one because that way the layers will soak the moisture evenly to have just the right flavor and sweetness.
Also, it's highly recommended to bake this cake a day prior to the occasion and have it refrigerated overnight. That way, you'll let the layers soak in the moist from the filling and keep the frosting firm at the same time.
- Prepare the batter: mix together 2 mix packages with vegetable oil, sour cream, eggs, and liquid coconut cream in a large bowl;
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 177 °C;
- Grease and flour 3 9-inch round pans;
- Pour the batter into the round pans and bake at 350 °F for approximately 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the layer comes out clean;
- Take out and let them cool to the room temperature.
- Beat the heavy cream with the mixer from 2 cups of powdered sugar with cream cheese, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and milk into the even creamy substance;
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh frozen coconut in the end and mix on a low setting to mix the coconut evenly;
- Start assembling the cake applying the frosting evenly on top of each layer;
- Spread the rest of the frosting over the top and then sides of the cake;
- Press the rest of the sweetened shredded coconut on top and sides of the cake;
- Cover it with a plastic foil or a cardboard box and keep in a refrigerator overnight;
- Take the cake out of a refrigerator 4 hours prior to serving in order to let the frosting soften.
Instead of buying 2 packages of cake mix, you can prepare it yourself. The recipe is quite simple if you have all the ingredients. Just mix together 5-1/2 cup of wheat flour, 2-1/2 cups of superfine sugar, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt.