What is an Ovulation Test
If you are planning to make a baby, it’s significant to choose the right day for conception. To do it properly, you’ll need ovulation prediction kits (also known as OPKs). The aim of these kits is to determine the level of luteinizing hormone (LH). The fact is that this hormone reaches its peak before the ovulation, thus, pointing out the most fertile days.
What Features to Compare
Actually, choosing the type of ovulation kit is a matter of preference. All of them are easy to use, so it’s up to you to pick among the three major types.
- Urine tests can be subdivided into test strips (you need to dip them into collected urine) and midstream tests (need to be held in urine stream). They usually identify 1-2 fertile days.
- Saliva tests are small ovulation microscopes that show estrogen levels. Such tests allow you to identify 2-5 fertile days. By the way, saliva tests are completely reusable.
- Finally, digital fertility monitors can detect hormone levels in both urine and saliva. They are easy to read and unlimited in use.
Reaction Time and Accuracy
As a rule, urine tests show the results in 3-5 minutes after dipping. As for saliva tests, you can check the results in 5-15 minutes after saliva dries. Modern tests provide 98 – 99.9% accuracy.
What’s in the Box
What you’ll find in the box usually depends on the type of a test. In general, the manufacturers of urine tests put several dozens of test strips inside to rid you of the necessity to buy them separately every month. Speaking about saliva OPKs, they can be sold together with carry cases, fertility charts, and other useful extras.
Quick and Convenient
If you want to get pregnant, the best way to do this is to have sex during ovulation, and the best way to detect this period is to use Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test. Measuring luteinizing hormone level (the one which determines women’s fertility) in your urine, this test identifies 1-2 most fertile days of the cycle. Taking the test is quite an easy process that consists of several steps.
1. Open the box, take the holder, and remove its cap.
2. Take a test strip out of the foil wrapper and insert it into the holder. To do it right, follow a pink arrow showing where exactly you should put the strip.
3. Wait till Test Ready sign appears.
4. Now you can perform the test. The great advantage of Clearblue Digital test is that you can use it either as a test strip or a midstream test. Whatever way you choose, keep in mind that the holder shouldn’t be wet.
5. You don’t need to make guesses whether you hold the strip in urine long enough. The device will inform you that the test is ready with a special symbol.
6. To get the result, you need to wait for 3 minutes and then look at the display. If you’re ovulating, you’ll see a smiley face on the display. If it’s not the best time to get pregnant, you'll see a circle.
7. As soon as you get the results, remove the strip and throw it away.
As you can see, the procedure is really fast and trouble-free. And, of course, it’s accurate. With Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test, you can be sure that you will always get 99% precise results.
Getting Ready for a Childbirth
One of the most widespread troubles pregnant women experience is fear and anxiety connected with a childbirth. The closer due date is, the more worried women become. They’re afraid of doing something wrong and often feel nervous and insecure. However, such state is often caused by groundless worries. To avoid them, we recommend you to follow these simple steps.
- Visit childbirth classes. You’ll get a lot of useful information to quit yourself of fear.
- Read literature about pregnancy and delivery. However, keep in mind that the information can vary from book to book. That’s why it’s important to pick what you read very selectively.
- Psychological techniques, for example, autogenic training and visualization will help you keep positive and assured that everything will be fine.
- Listening to calm music, watching favorite movies, and walking are a guarantee of relaxation and a piece of mind.
More Products to Consider
The success of getting pregnant depends on both partners. That’s why it is important that men also prepare for conception and take medicines improving their reproductive function.
Waiting for a Fern Sign
If you don’t want to worry about buying new urine strips every month, KNOWHEN Saliva Ovulation Test is a perfect solution. It is an ovulation microscope that gives you a chance to use it again and again. Performing the test is easy as one, two, three. The first step is to leave a drop of your morning saliva on an optical lens. The next step is to let it dry for 5-20 minutes. Finally, you need to check the results using the instructions on the packaging. Although some women might find what they see in the microscope odd and difficult to interpret, we want to assure you that you’ll get used to reading the results pretty quickly. Moreover, estrogen level that determines most fertile days resembles fern so that you wouldn't face any problems distinguishing this sign. Don’t forget to clean the lens with a special cloth when the test is ready. Another pleasant feature is that besides the ovulation microscope, you get a number of useful things to plan and track your sexual activity. Thus, by purchasing KNOWHEN Saliva Ovulation Test, you’ll also receive a lipstick-like carry case, lens cloth, free personal ovulation application, and fertility chart.
How to Prepare Yourself for Pregnancy
The proper preparation for pregnancy is essential for giving a birth to a healthy child. If you decide to make a baby, the first and foremost thing you have to do is to quit smoking and drinking alcohol (if you have ever done it). It is scientifically proved that these bad habits decrease fertility in both women and men. Tobacco breaks women’s cycle and worsens men’s erection while alcohol can provoke mutations leading to abnormal embryonic development. These malformations can become a reason of numerous diseases or even death of a fetus. So, giving up bad habits is of the utmost importance. Another thing that will help you become a mother is sticking to a healthy diet. It should be balanced and consist of all the necessary nutrients such as proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Also, pamper yourself with a relaxing massage that can be performed with a luxurious massager. And of course, don’t neglect healthy sleep since it’s a crucial factor of your well-being. Electric blanket along with a good memory foam mattress can make your rest absolutely cozy!
More Products to Consider
If you want to be 100% sure of the ovulation test results, you can use an ovulation basal thermometer additionally.
Easy@Home 50 LH + 20 HCG
Waiting for the Best Moment
When a couple wants to have a baby but still doesn’t succeed, it often happens that partners start having sex as frequently as possible to increase the chances of conception. However, it doesn’t always help. The fact is that the chances to get pregnant are the greatest during ovulation. That’s why we offer you to try Easy@Home Ovulation Test Strips to determine the most fertile days. Since ovulation days can vary from period to period, it’s important to take tests every month. Note that you don’t need to buy a new pack of ovulation kit every 30 days. Just purchase Easy@Home Ovulation Test Strips once, and you’ll be able to use them up to 5 months. As well as any other test strips, these ones are also very easy to use. All you need to do is dip a strip into your urine for 3 seconds and then wait for about 5 minutes to get the result. What differs this OPK from other products is that the manufacturer has included 20 pregnancy test strips in the box. This allows you to check not only your fertile days but also see whether you've succeeded to conceive or not.
Identifying Fertile Days
Although there are different ways to determine ovulation period such as checking the period calendar and measuring basal body temperature, using an ovulation kit is considered the most precise one. In general, ovulation happens 14 days before the next cycle and is determined by the LH surge 24-48 hours before it. So if you have a regular period, you can start using ovulation prediction tests 17 days before the next period. If your period isn’t regular, you should choose the shortest period during the last six months and subtract 17 days from it. For example, if your shortest period was 26 days, you need to subtract 17, and you’ll get 9. This is the very day of the period you should start carrying out the tests.
More Products to Consider
To make the process of taking urine tests as comfortable as possible, we advise you to purchase a special container.
Fairhaven Health Fertile-Focus
The Sooner the Better
Being a nice alternative to urine ovulation kits, Fairhaven Health Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope will precisely determine each ovulation period 72 hours before it. As it was already mentioned, the pre-ovulatory phase is characterized by high levels of estrogen and luteinizing hormone. With Fairhaven Health test aimed at determining the former one, you’ll fix the best time to get pregnant on reading the results through the microscope. Its 50x magnifying lens was specifically designed to show you a precise picture of hormone development. As soon as you let your saliva dry on the microscope, turn the light on, and you’ll see one of the following results.
- Non-Fertile – chaotic dots mean that ovulation won’t happen soon.
- Transitional – tiny fern patterns and small crystals are distinctive among the dots. It means that an egg isn’t mature yet.
- Fertile – a distinct fern pattern appears which is a true sign that ovulation is about to happen or you’re already ovulating.
Choosing a Pregnancy Test
Although there are several ways to check whether a woman is pregnant or not, the most popular, though, is buying a home pregnancy test. Being produced by numerous companies, these tests can be divided into 2 types – test strips and digital tests. Regardless of the type, they both detect HCG in women’s urine. Actually, choosing home pregnancy test is a matter of preference, so buy the one according to your preference. If you still have doubts which one is better, ask a pharmacist for advice. Once you find out you are pregnant, you’ll need to visit your gynecologist for further Pelvic examination.
More Products to Consider
Reading educational literature about pregnancy is a nice way to prepare for this important event.
Small Experiments - Great Goals
If you want to test for ovulation quickly and precisely, consider The Wondfo One Step Ovulation Urine Test. As well as other urine test strips, this one determines luteinizing hormone level that usually increases dramatically 24-48 hours before ovulation. Fertility tests contain LH antibodies which are sensitive to this hormone, so they’re the things to make test line change its color. No need to mention the procedure of carrying out the test since each test strip has its own wrap with instructions on it. Thus, you always have a chance to take the test properly. By the way, the manufacturer guarantees 99% accuracy. Get the Wondfo Ovulation Test and always be ready for conception!
Pregnancy dramatically differs from a common lifestyle and requires women to change daily routine and some of their habits. The first thing pregnant women face is a change of their well-being. During the early stages of pregnancy, women often suffer from fatigue, nausea, and even neurotic disorders. The second and the third trimesters can be accompanied by increased urinary frequency, heartburn, back pains, etc. That’s why paying a close attention to your health during this period of life is of the utmost importance. Tell your fitness trainer and massage therapist about your state. Use special body pillows to improve your sleep. Avoid long trips and try to use only ground transport. Don’t overwork. Consult your gynecologist every time you have questions or worries about your state. It’s also very important to take care of yourself and try to avoid stress. Don’t forget to fill your life with pleasant emotions – meet friends, read favorite books, watch films, spend time outdoors. Remember that you’re connected tightly with your child since the moment of conception, so do your best to make your baby feel happy.
More Products to Consider
If you finally managed to get pregnant, think about your body and don’t let stretch marks spoil it. Use special cosmetics to stay beautiful.
1. Ovulation Tests, American Pregnancy Association. September 2, 2016.
2. How to Use Ovulation Predictor Kits, BabyCentre. April 2013.
3. Christine Porretta 8 Ways to Test for Ovulation, Momtastic.
4. Fran Molloy The Ovulation Test, Huggies.
5. Marianne Spoon How to Use Ovulation Tests, HowStuffWorks.
6. Ovulation Home Test, MedlinePlus. September 5, 2015.
7. Deborah Gaines Ovulation: Pros and Cons of Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs), Parents.
8. Lucy Dimbylow How to Choose the Best Ovulation Kit, Netmums.
9. How to Choose an Ovulation Predictor Kit, wikiHow.