KOHLER K-3073-NA Archer
Exquisite and Stylish
The first thing we paid attention to when considering KOHLER Archer Mirrored Cabinet was its design. This medicine cabinet is made of anodized aluminum and mirrors. Both materials are of high quality and provide the cabinet with durability and usability. Anodized aluminum is what protects this piece of furniture from detrimental effects of moisture, for example, corrosion. Mirrors, such important bathroom interior elements, decorate KOHLER medicine cabinet not only outside. You’ll find them on the inner side of the door and on the back side of the cabinet as well. Combined with glass shelves, this design creates charming and exquisite sight. And, of course, you will see yourself when you wash, brush your teeth or make up. Beveled mirror edges on the door provide safety of use, you won’t cut or scratch yourself when opening and closing the cabinet. One more small but pleasant detail is that edges of the door mirror are wider than the cabinet’s body. Such design hides seams and KOHLER Archer Mirrored Cabinet looks just like a mirror on the wall.
Don't Forget About Light
KOHLER Archer Mirrored Cabinet isn’t lit with built-in lights. Some people might find it inconvenient but look at it like this: you have a chance to install lights according to your needs and bathroom interior. Properly installed lighting will add to the beauty of your bathroom and increase the cabinet’s usability. We’ve prepared a piece of advice to help you choose the most appropriate lighting.
- Install lights so that they aren’t directed at your eyes. Illumination should be balanced and directed at the mirror or reflect slightly in mirror edges.
- Consider color temperature. Actually, it’s a matter of preference and you can choose either warm or cold color temperature to fit bathroom interior best. It would be a pleasant addition if you could control the light brightness. To do it, just install a light regulator also known as a dimmer.
- Finally, take into account whether your future lights are waterproof. Since medicine cabinet and, consequently, lights are usually located in a bathroom, proper moisture protection is a guarantee of your safety.
More Products to Consider
If you’re going to install additional lighting in your bathroom to illuminate a medicine cabinet, you can consider Nuvo 60/3266 Empire Three Light Vanity with Frosted Glass. And Moen DN8408CH Preston Inspirations Paper Holder, similar in style to KOHLER medicine cabinet, will become another useful bathroom interior element.
Elegant Home Fashions Wall-Mount
Style Comes First
Are you searching for a piece of furniture to not only keep all the necessary things close at hand but highlight your bathroom style too? Elegant Home Fashions Chesterfield Medicine Cabinet is definitely what you’re looking for! This model will become a perfect interior element if your bathroom features traditional design. The cabinet is made from MDF and has rich dark espresso finish. Although the manufacturer hasn’t equipped this model with mirrors, it doesn’t spoil the cabinet’s look. Two waffle-pattern matte sheets of glass that decorate the cabinet’s doors make this model look really attractive. Besides its distinctive style, Chesterfield Medicine Cabinet is also characterized by impressive capacity. Two adjustable shelves let you put both high and low containers inside so every item from toothbrush to shampoo bottle will find its place there.
The First Step Towards Unusual Design
If you’re planning to renovate your bathroom but haven’t decided on the future design yet, you can consider Elegant Home Fashions Chesterfield Medicine Cabinet as a starting point. Wooden pieces of furniture (or something looking like them) can make bathroom interior really unusual by adding natural warmth to the world of tiles and sanitary ware. The reason people use wood is its beauty as well as high quality. Beech, oak, pine, and ash tree are the types of wood most frequently used in furniture manufacturing. These very trees are in demand due to low levels of hygroscopy provided by special oils they contain. This very feature makes them moisture-resistant. Thus, it becomes possible to use furniture made of these trees in premises with high humidity levels. However, no matter how good natural qualities of wood are, it still needs care. So don’t forget to take care of wooden furniture properly for better durability.
More Products to Consider
If you want your bathroom to correspond to traditional design, Moen DN6786ORB Danbury Towel Ring and LDR Extra Toilet Paper Holder Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish will come in handy.
Jensen 781037 Builder Series Frameless
If you want to keep your bathroom in order, one of the easiest ways to do it is to purchase a medicine cabinet. We would like to turn your attention to Jensen Frameless model. There are several reasons to consider this piece of furniture. One of them is its price. Being somewhere in the middle between expensive and cheap models, Jensen Frameless medicine cabinet has quite reasonable price-quality ratio. Made of polystyrene, it will serve you long years. And its white finish is easily cleaned whenever necessary. Two plastic shelves suffice to accommodate all the toiletries and other stuff you need close at hand. The front part of the cabinet is a beveled edged mirror that adds to the safety of use dramatically. Pay attention that this medicine cabinet is a recessed model. So, before choosing it, make sure you have a proper niche to set Jensen Frameless cabinet up.
Arrange Your Medicine Cabinet
If you’re going to use Jensen Frameless cabinet to store medicine, its proper arrangement is of the utmost importance. To avoid detrimental consequences of wrong medicine use, it’s necessary to follow some rules.
- First and foremost, you need to check the expiration date of all medications. Pay attention that some of them lose their useful qualities before the expiration date passes. That’s why it’s better to consult your doctor or pharmacist to know for sure how long you can use this or that medication.
- Keep only the most necessary medicine in your cabinet. Avoid having the pills/syrups/drops you are allergic to. Don’t take medicine if you’re not sure what it is for.
- Store medicine properly. As a rule, it should be protected from very high/low temperature and direct sunlight. Make sure you keep all medications away from children.
- Don’t throw pills away even if you don’t need them. By doing this, you can harm other people or the environment. The best way of medicine disposal is giving it to your pharmacist so he/she could forward it to the company where it will be recycled or thrown away properly.
More Products to Consider
To make your bathroom stylish and yet functional, consider Bathroom Towel Rail/Rack with 5 Hooks.
KOHLER K-CB-CLC2026FS Single Door
The Best Decoration for Bathroom Interior
KOHLER company is famous for its ability to create useful and beautiful things at the same time. Single Door Aluminum Cabinet is a wonderful example. Anodized aluminum that is a core element of this model will provide durability and great look of the cabinet for long years. Adjustable shelves and mirrored door will definitely add to the usability of this piece of furniture. What is interesting about the door is that you can set it the way you like. By this, we mean two-way adjustable hinges that let you install the door either on the left or on the right side of the cabinet. The last but not the least is the model’s design. Modern mirrored look will hide the cabinet’s edges so you might even forget that KOHLER Single Door Aluminum Cabinet is not merely a stylish interior element but a real home helper.
Different Mounting Types
Not every medicine cabinet can be installed in different ways. However, KOHLER Single Door Aluminum Cabinet with the ability of either recessed or surfaced mounting will meet the requirements of any user. If you want this very cabinet to become an interior element of your bathroom, you don’t need to worry about the layout. No matter what mounting type you choose, this medicine cabinet will find its place in your house.
A Few Words About KOHLER
KOHLER company was created in 1873 by John Michael Kohler. An Australian immigrant, he came to the USA and purchased a factory that became a cornerstone of his business development. Having chosen steel and cast iron products as the main direction of manufacturing, John Kohler started to work on inventing new goods until he managed to produce a bathtub. Although he called it horse trough at first, this very product is considered to be a prototype of a modern bathtub. Besides this breakthrough, the manufacturer has had a lot of other successful achievements that led it to worldwide popularity. Nowadays, KOHLER company employs 33,000 of workers all over the world who carry on producing high-quality goods with their customers in mind.
More Products to Consider
If you want to turn your bathroom into more stylish and functional place than it is now, VDOMUS Tempered Glass Bath Corner Shelf is one way to do it.
Zenith K16 Swing Door Oak
If you don’t tend to see things in black and white, then you’ll probably like Zenith Swing Door Medicine Cabinet. Having decided not to adhere to one style, the manufacturer has combined traditional and modern trends in a single piece of furniture. Oak body and shelf of the cabinet will fill your bathroom with the warm atmosphere of nature. And high-quality mirror will add to the usability and functionality of this interior element. Note that the shelf is adjustable. It will give you a chance to keep items of different sizes in the cabinet. By choosing Zenith Swing Door Medicine Cabinet, you’ll get a unique product that will definitely meet your aesthetic and practical requirements.
Must-haves for Your Medicine Cabinet
Although the goods we’re discussing in this review are called medicine cabinets, it doesn’t mean that medications are the only things that can be stored there. Of course, most of us would put painkillers, cold medicine, antiseptics, and thermometer there. However, here is another stuff you can keep in your medicine cabinet.
- It’s preferable to put toothbrushes into a medicine cabinet. Of course, you can keep them on the sink surface. However, having them inside (together with toothpaste and mouth rinse) not only makes your bathroom tidy but also reduces the number of bacteria to affect brushes negatively.
- Cuticle scissors, tweezers, and razors can also find their place in a medicine cabinet. If you decide to keep these things inside, make sure all of them have protective cases. This safety measure will prevent you from accidental cuts.
- You can also store cosmetic products such as shampoos, balms, masks, face creams and other stuff you can think about there. However, don’t forget to check cosmetics’ condition from time to time, especially if you don’t use them often. If you’ve noticed that your lotion or face spray has changed its color, avoid using it until you consult your pharmacist.
More Products to Consider
If you want to bring more elegance and style into your bathroom, Zenna Home 775RB, Tension Shower Curtain Rod combined with DS HOME Olivia Shower Curtain Waterproof Polyester Fabric Decorative Bathroom Curtain will handle this task perfectly.
What is a Medicine Cabinet
Medicine cabinets have already become irreplaceable elements of modern bathroom interiors. No need to mention that people buy them not only to store there a number of useful things but also to decorate a room. Toothbrushes, cotton pads, medicine, and even cosmetics find their place in stylish medicine cabinets. And, of course, almost all of them are equipped with a mirror, an important element for every bathroom.
If you’re looking for useful things to fill your medicine cabinet with, think about Glucometers and Blood Pressure Monitors. These easy-to-use devices will come in handy when you need to measure such important parameters as blood pressure and sugar levels quickly and precisely.
What Features to Compare
There are two types of medicine cabinets: recessed and wall-mounted. Recessed cabinets save space in your bathroom and look neat and elegant at the same time. However, it’s not easy to mount them since they need to be installed in an alcove, and such procedure requires some skills and efforts. As for wall-mounted models, they are easy to install, and you don’t need any special tools to carry out the installation. However, they might be quite bulky, thus taking up space over a bathroom sink.
Design and Size
The variety of medicine cabinet designs is so wide that anybody can choose the very one he/she needs. Looking for a design to fit your bathroom interior, you’ll find traditional and modern models. Traditional cabinets are usually made of wood. They can be decorated with different ornaments and often (but not always) have mirrored doors. Modern models are usually made of metal. As a rule, they are frameless and give off an illusion of fusion with the bathroom interior. Size is also of the utmost importance since it determines the simplicity of installation and a number of things you can store in a cabinet.
Door Type and Lighting
As the majority of cabinet doors are opened outward, it’s necessary to check bathroom faucets’ location so they don’t interfere. As for the lighting, some medicine cabinets are lit by built-in lights. So it’s significant to check whether they are located close enough to reach outlets.
1. Denise Grady and Claudia Bloom A Glossary of Medicine Cabinet Must-Haves, Real Simple.
2. Bathroom Cabinet, Wikipedia. July 11, 2016.
3. Karen Egly-Thompson Medicine Cabinets: Should You Get a Recessed or Wall-Mounted Style? Houzz. November 21, 2014.
4. Harry Sawyers How to Install a Medicine Cabinet, This Old House.
5. Harry Sawyers Medicine Cabinets, This Old House.
6. Selecting a Medicine Cabinet for Your New Bathroom, DoItYourself.
7. Choosing the Right Recessed Medicine Cabinet for You, Home Advisor.