Toothbrushing is one of the essential skills all kids gain in their early childhood. A manual toothbrush has been here for us for centuries already, yet, today, electric models are catching up with manual ones and start outshining them in terms of popularity. And for a good reason. Both toothbrushes are designed to remove plaque and both are the right tools for the job. So, there is no crucial difference between these types when it comes to the final effect. Yet, the whole thing is that an old-fashioned manual brush definitely requires more diligence and eagerness from the user. In other words, it is all about the brushing technique. In practice, instead of 2-minute brushing recommended by the dentists, we quickly brush up and down for about 30 seconds and that’s it. An electric brush, in turn, expedites the whole process and, as a result, significantly improves the brushing efficiency.
The biggest issue about electric models, though, is their price, which is times higher than that of manual toothbrushes. However, considering the advantages electric models offer, that might be a reasonable investment that will enhance and optimize your tooth-brushing routine and pay off with healthier teeth and gums.
Which toothbrush is better? A brief answer is an electric one. Yet, if that’s not enough to assure you, there is a whole bunch of arguments to support that statement.
- Dentist-quality clean. Electric models offer cleaning power no manual toothbrush can provide. As a result, they will remove plaque better and, what’s no less important, faster. In fact, electric toothbrush allows achieving the effect close to that of professional dental cleans.
- Ease of use. Most would claim that a manual toothbrush couldn’t be more simple. However, for people with the lack of manual dexterity, like those suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis or some disabilities, an electric brush is much easier to use since it needs times less effort from the user’s side.
- More versatility. Available in a whole variety of models that range from fairly simple to sophisticated high-tech brushes, electric toothbrushes usually feature two or more operation modes varying in speed and pulsation intensity. This will let you customize your clean to your individual needs to get maximum efficient results with the maximum comfort. Other than that, many models come complete with a number of interchangeable replacement heads for some specific needs that make electric toothbrushes especially helpful for people with some orthodontic appliances in their mouth.
- Packed with handy perks. Fitted with timers and pacers, electric models make following a 2-minute cleaning routine a cinch and help work out a habit. Besides, the unit will give you a hint when it’s time to change the cleaning head once the bristles are too worn out. Moreover, such things as travels cases, accessory holders, USB chargers, and smart apps further add value and convenience to these oral hygiene tools.
Once you’ve made up your mind to replace your manual brush with an electric one, the next question is how to choose the right model from such a variety of toothbrushes available. To make your choice easier, it's vital to consider a few important features. Here they are:
- Type. Electric models vary depending on the cleaning technology applied. Thus, you can select between rotating-oscillating and sonic brushes. The first type normally has a round head that moves in a circular motion to scrub and rub your teeth for better plaque removal. Sonic and ultrasonic brushes have the heads resembling those of manual models. The trick behind this technology is that bristles vibrate at very high speeds to get deep in between the teeth and dislodge plaque and food debris.
- Design. Look for an ergonomically shaped model that will fit comfortably into your palm and check for soft non-slip handles for a firm and secure grip and for precise cleaning.
- Battery life. Electric toothbrushes are basically powered by rechargeable batteries and come with charging stands. If you choose a model for home use only, it’s not too much of concern how long the battery holds the charge since you brush will rest on the charging base most of the time. Yet, if you are a kind of frequent traveler, the longer the battery life, the better since it will save you the need to think about recharging and carrying a charger stand with you.
- Handy options and Extras. These are the features that will add convenience to your tooth-brushing routine and make it more efficient, such as a built-in timer, pressure sensor, battery indicator, several cleaning modes, replaceable cleaning heads, and a travel case for compact toothbrush storage and transportation.
After you consider these features and take a look at the best electric toothbrushes reviews, it should be way easier for you to make the right choice.
After you've learnt the essential features to look out for when selecting a toothbrush and seen some of the better models available out there, you might be wondering about which model will work best for you. The good news is, we've got a great solution for you. The Fairywill P11 Ring electric toothbrush offers a wonderful combination of advanced technology and affordable price!
At a glance, the Fairywill Ring will catch your fancy with its stylish, modern design. It comes encased in a sleek and slim back matte casing with a gold-tone ring in the middle and a golden lined power button that gives it a chic and classy touch. On the practical side, the matte finish is not prone to fingerprints and staining while a finely shaped design neatly fits into the palm and is a great choice for travelers since it is small in size and will take very little space in your luggage.
Other than that, the model boasts an IPX7 waterproof rating, which means the toothbrush housing is 100% waterproof. Hence, you are free to use the Fairywill P11 in the shower and clean it under the running water when necessary.
Performance and Features
As for performance, it will impress you no less than the unit design. The Fairywill P11 uses sonic cleaning technology and is driven by a turbo-powered Maglev motor which generates pulsations to ensure high-frequency bristle vibrations. Overall it makes up to 62,000 brush movements per cycle, forcing bristles to get deep in between the teeth to remove plaque and food residue from all hard-to-reach areas.
Furthermore, to accurately customize the cleaning performance to your dental needs, the toothbrush has 3 operation modes controlled by a single button and displayed by the light system on the ring. So, you can choose a clean mode for daily tooth care, a soft mode to treat sensitive gums, and a massage setting for a delicate gum massage.
The package includes two cleaning heads that make it a great match for a couple or will save you the need to buy replacement heads too soon. A few handy intelligent functions contributing to the user convenience and taking every strain off out of the tooth brushing process are also included. It’s a smart 2-minute timer that will help you follow the dentist-recommended brushing time and a 30-second pacer that will signalize when you need to change the cleaning spot to thoroughly cover all areas that need cleaning.
One more distinctive feature and merit that sets the Fairywill toothbrush apart even from more expensive rechargeable electric toothbrushes is a one-of-a-kind battery system. The model is powered by an 800 MAH lithium-ion rechargeable battery that charges times faster and lasts times longer than other similar batteries. Thus, a 5-min quick juice-up will suffice for the whole day of use while a full charge takes only 2 hours (instead of 6 to 8-hour charging time in other batteries) and it will last as long as 30 days, subject to regular use twice a day. Taking into account the immense unit power, that’s an amazing result. Not only will it reduce the wastes and is a more environmentally friendly option but also it’s a perfect choice for frequent travelers since when fully charged, it will cut down the need to bother about recharge for the whole month.
Yet, there is even more to come. In contrast to electric toothbrushes fitted with special charging stations or mains adapters, the Fairywill is equipped with a USB and type C multiport connector that will let you quick-charge your brush from any USB-C-enabled device wherever you are. So, no need to take those bulky chargers with you.
All in all, the Fairywill P11 Ring is an innovative, functional, and very convenient electric toothbrush that makes a decent affordable alternative to expensive top-rated models.
Despite the fact that an electric toothbrush will do some of the work for you and you need to apply less effort when cleaning, to get the most out of it and achieve the best cleaning results, it’s highly important to use the right cleaning technique as well as stick to some pre-clean and post-clean recommendations.
- Toothbrushing proves to be more effective when paired with flossing. Hence, floss your teeth before brushing to loosen sticky plaque in tricky areas and remove food debris.
- An important thing to remember before you start brushing with an electric brush is that there is no need to scrub and more around a lot or apply too much pressure. Vibrating bristles will do the job just right and a pressure indicator on the brush will alarm you if you press too hard.
- When brushing, hold your brush at a 45-degree angle and start with the outside teeth surfaces slowly guiding the brush from one tooth to another. Complete this action for upper and lower teeth and then do the same for the inside surfaces and chewing surfaces. Make sure you brush behind the back teeth.
- During the clean, follow the gumline to enhance the blood circulation. Just be careful to press gently to avoid any irritation, damage, and bleeding.
- Once you finished brushing teeth, clean your tongue starting from the root and moving towards the tip. This will help remove any remaining food particles and freshen your breath.
- Change a toothbrush head every three months to keep it hygienically clean and make cleaning effective.
Maintaining oral health with an electric toothbrush is obviously easier than with its manual prototype. Just follow a proper cleaning technique to maximize brushing efficiency and you’ll need to visit your dentist less often.