Product Comparison: LG 55EG9600 vs Samsung UN49KS8500
- The quality of picture is outstanding. There is no backlight on the background at dark pictures thanks to OLED technology. So far that is a best TV I ever had
- I absolutely love watching 1080 and 4K movies on this!
- We were amazed by the 4k picture when shown the demonstration model.
- It is difficult to tell if the curved screen is a plus without a side by side comparison but it does not present any positional viewing problems.
- It has the best picture of any other TV we have ever had, and the curved screen helps with the viewing angle.
- Burning issues in my screen that will not go away.
- Screen burn in is very disappointing, CNN News logo is burned into the right lower corner of the screen.
- Fantastic image, design and resolution. When viewing 4k content the images are simply stunning and lifelike.
- The picture is stunning even at lower resolutions such as 720p or 1080p, with no stutter or lag whatsoever.
- I've heard that curved screens are better for smaller rooms, and I have to agree that if I walk to the side, the screen isn't fantastic, but straight-on it is a really amazing view.
- I love this TV! The picture is fantastic and the curved screen looks great wall mounted.
- I was a little skeptical about curved but I am a fan now. I don't see much picture degradation when sitting left/right of center and it looks great.
- Absolutely AWESOME picture when watched straight on. BUT BEWARE the optimum viewing angle is only about 20 degrees! The picture quality degrades unless you watch directly in front of the screen. If you have seating off to the sides; if only a little bit, the contrast fades and the colors shift.
- The colors are jaw dropping. The blacks are so perfect you'd swear the TV was completely off but then the most vibrant green will appear like magic.
- The slight curve is perfect, not too much so as to make everything seem distorted but enough that everyone on the sofa has a great view.
- Exceptional TV. Picture quality is excellent. Picture is bright, sharp, and colors are vibrant.
- Best picture of any tv on the market! Inky blacks which makes for great contrast.
- It does everything extremely well. 3D and HDR content are amazing.
- At low light gray color is in into 100-s shades of gray. Very annoying when you watch movies with lots of dark scenes, like Underworld.
- Stationary logos permanently imprint on the screen, manufacturer new about the defect and sold them anyway
- I'm blown away by the color and contrast this model can display. Simply amazing.
- The High Dynamic Range 1000 makes for a more brilliant picture because you can see detail that was washed out in HDTVs.
- The blacks are blacker, the greens greener and reds redder. HD programs are automatically upscaled to 4K for better picture definition.
- The only down side that I found is with reflections. I have a window directly opposite the television and the tv stretches the window almost entirely across the screen. It's only an issue with direct sunlight coming through the window
- The only complaint I have is that Game Mode should be an option without and system.
- TV supports Dolby 5.1 on optical out for sources received via internet or over the air, but sources inputted via HDMI, only PCM is output.
- Sound quality is remarkably better than on previous models
- The sound is OK for a TV but a sound system makes the sound from movies and TV shows equal to the great picture.
- Sound is awesome, we don't even need to use our home sound system.
- Being an audiophile, I have to say the one negative is that the sound from the set itself is poor. Of course, there is no room in a thinline set for decent speakers, so an external soundbar or home theater is a must.
- I am extremely pleased with the sound, picture and ease with which the system recognized peripherals
- Sound is very descent for a flat screen. I
- Picture clarity is awesome and even have good sound quality from the built-in speakers.
- Though we chose to buy an additional sound bar, we could have easily enjoyed the original sound from the TV.
- Only issue I have is that every once in awhile my cable provider and the TV go out of sync and I lose sound, I have to fiddle with it a bit, but eventually it'll come back.
- The smart features are awesome, and WebOS has actually been reworked into something very fast and capable, who knew?
- TV supports Dolby 5.1 audio on optical out and ARC and this works great for sources like streaming
- This model does not support HDR over HDMI, but I knew this before buying. Not a big issue for me.
- Sources via HDMI only have PCM audio
- The remote control and the user interface are as easy and intuitive as you could possibly imagine
- I am happy with connectivity and availability of extending tech such as Samsung TV apps/Smart Hub, Samsung Smart View IOS app 2.01, Samsung device mirroring, WI-DI, Bluetooth, AC WIFI, 5V USB connector for external hard drive(Seagate Goflex), ability to play MKV and MP4 files.
- Rather than having traditional HDMI, coax, etc. ports in the back of the TV, there is a single port that connects to an adapter box which houses the AV connections.
- The smart hub box makes it easier to connect all of your electronics than any other TV I have ever seen.
- The small remote had a mute button on the side and every time I picked it up the TV would mute.
- Very poor Wifi connectivity! Won't maintain wireless connection even with an access point next to it!!! Returned it to Amazon who gladly refunded my payment!