Product Comparison: Nikon Monarch 5 (7577) vs Nikon Monarch 7
- They are very clear and show good color of the birds and butterflies that I like to study and enjoy!
- The lens cap deal is really a non issue, they were designed that way as others have pointed out. I enthusiastically recommend them!
- Good light gathering allows for viewing in dim light. Used in light rain with no problem.
- The Monarch can focus much closer. Even at 10X, the Aculon couldn't focus on anything within about 40'. At 22X it was much worse. The Monarch could focus as close as about 9'
- Excellent for bird and nature watching. Excellent optical clarity and easy focusing. No complaints.
- I have not yet tested the bins in difficult situations, but can report they are easy to use, to find a bird in flight, easy to focus, and easy to use with eyeglasses.
- Anything higher and you may need image stabilization software within the binoculars (but incurs a hefty weight increase). Good for bird watching and sky gazing.
- Great binoculars. I didn't realize how much better they could be until I spent the money on some quality optics.
- Great binoculars. Clear and easy to see detail in lower light. I love them
- Very lightweight - needed a pair of light bino's for my bad neck and when I walk long distances on trails in parks, refuges and wildlife areas.
- Focus works well. It did take a day or two to get use to using the focus knob quickly on active feeding warblers but thats normal for any new binoculars.
- Eye relief is great! I wear glasses and I haven't had any strain on my eyes while using these on close or far away objects of interest!
- They are comfortable to hold. I plan to get a harness because I find it uncomfortable to have anything hanging around my neck, but the strap that comes with them is a really nice one.
- I like that you can't lose lens covers( see previous sentence ).I have some less expensive Tasco binos and there really is a big difference in quality and features.
- The focus is incredibly sharp and virtually no distortion. The only odd thing is that the bins
- Excellent quality. Light, easy to travel with.
- Nice compact size, excellent clarity just right for birding and more.
- Replacement for the ones I bent somehow. I wish the case had its own strap. Nice quality binos.