Product Comparison: Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 vs Bose SoundLink Mini II
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
Bose SoundLink Mini II
- I use it on my computer, when I camp, when I go literally anywhere. Even with constant use I’ve got about two to three days use.
- The audio quality is great, it gets nice and loud, never have any issues with a seamless bluetooth connection, and I really like the graphic design of the speaker grille.
- The best feature about this speaker is the endless battery life. It seems like I almost never charge it and it has 100 ft Bluetooth connectivity.
- The product itself is great, but there are some firmware bugs. For example, it cannot connect to two devices simultaneously as advertised.
- It will disconnect one device to connect to another one. Also, the tap control to pause and skip songs is not the best.
- I am very disappointed in the battery life of Bose products. In the 1 1/2 years I have had this Speaker I have taken very good care of it and used it very little. At this point, it will not charge over 50 percent.
- This is my first BOSE product - I love the sound clarity and battery life.
- The battery life is awesome. The unit itself cosmetically looks a little dated, but the sound makes it worth it.
- The Bluetooth connects immediately upon turning on the device. Most take at least a couple seconds, but not the SoundLink.
- Good battery life - charge level was still 100% after watching the first movie.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
Bose SoundLink Mini II
- It's not too big and not too heavy making it very portable.
- It’s amazing to carry into different rooms at home and it’s perfect for anytime. It's size fits any design and home interior.
- A very convenient speaker, you can easily take with you on trips.
- It’s too heavy for me to throw into a bag for daily use.
- As for me it is big and uncomfortable and it requires a lot of space in the bag.
- I wanted a well made, good sounding, small portable speaker for the home and I don't think I could have made a better choice.
- The sound from this small speaker is spectacular. It produces great bass with well balances treble and is made with precision quality- it is surprisingly heavy.
- I enjoy the excellent battery life, sounds, tones, and volume range from this small speaker.
- The bass is absolutely astounding from such a small unit.
- Great little speaker; very big sound for its size. I'm also really surprised by the BT range - much better than the JBL flip I've used in the past.
- However, the 360 sound is great, and it is really loud. Even at low volume the sound is clear and the bass is strong.
- Very impressed with the amount of sound that comes from this speaker.
- It also is Alexa compatible. Apparently, it is supposed to work with Siri and Google Assistant but I haven't figured out how to make either of those work yet. Very happy with this speaker.
- I've had it plugged into the wall, playing music and the UE Boom app on my phone shows the battery is charging. I really like that I can turn the speaker on and off remotely with the app.
- I just hope they update the firmware soon and maybe add actual buttons instead of unreliable tap controls.
- The ability to use it as a speakerphone is a handy feature. Callers have noted that my voice sounds clear. An incoming call can be answered (or refused) with a tap of a button on top of the unit.
- Just push the button on the speaker and you can speak through it. I can hear others well through it, and they tell me they hear me normally.
- Connecting is also a breeze, after your initial set up. Its as easy as pushing a button.
- The action button is a really cool way to let you pause and change tracks without fussing with your phone.
- I like the multifunction button to pause and skip songs.
- Third one and I love it this is an amazing product that can handle any situation. Highly recommending these.
- Overall very impressed by how easy the functions are, the quality of the sound, the size of the speaker, and the design.
- Great interface is very simple and beautiful. There is nothing superfluous.
- It's a shame that it can not be used as powerbank. This function would be needed.
- Usb connector broke after a month of use. Charging may fall from the connector.
- They have also increased the battery life and changed from a proprietary charging connector to a standard mini-USB port.
- I really appreciate that it can charge through the included proprietary base or through micro-USB.
- I use it with phone and desktop computer via bluetooth and now have it working via the aux input as sound system for my TV.
- Everything great except it buzz really loud connecting with aux when nothing is played.
- The AUX jack, thru which music plays fine, shuts off after 15 minutes.