What is are Soccer Shoes
Soccer shoes are athletic footwear created specially for the soccer game. It goes without saying that soccer is one of the most popular sports in the world. Therefore, it's beyond doubt that the soccer attributes are in great demand on the market. Soccer shoes are footwear designed for the soccer or futsal on various synthetic or natural (grass, ground) surfaces. With these top-of-the-line shoes, beginners learn the basics of their favorite game while professional players demonstrate amazing twisting techniques. To facilitate a decision-making process, take a glance at our best soccer shoes review.
If you are a real soccer fan, you should also consider the best gym bags for convenient sportswear transportation.
What Features to Compare
Well, you have decided to buy a pair of new soccer shoes. Above all things, you should be aware of the type of surface where you are going to play soccer. Soccer shoes can be nominally divided into two main types:
- designed for natural grass surfaces. Normally, such shoes come with studs on the outsole for better surface grip.
- designed for flat surfaces (usually a gym, turf, court).
The shoe soles are made of different types of materials, depending on what surface you are playing on. There are several basic sole types suitable for a variety of surfaces:
- Firm Ground (FG) or Molded soles - use molded studs to provide traction on the field and currently they are the most popular and versatile for natural surfaces.
- Soft Ground (SG) or Replaceable - intended for soft or wet natural surfaces. Traditionally, soft ground soccer shoes have metal-tipped studs. They are usually chosen by many professional soccer players on well-groomed fields but are not suitable for firm ground surfaces as they can cause pressure on your feet, leading to injuries.
- Hard Ground (HG) or MultiGround (MG) - created for artificial or hard natural surfaces such as synthetic turfs or sun-baked grounds. Hard ground soccer shoes are characterized by a large number of short studs which are evenly distributed across the entire sole. They are also well-suited for frozen fields and used as a backup pair of shoes.
- Turf - boots usually have a very durable rubber sole. Turf shoes have small rubber studs or patterns on the sole. They are suitable for playing on hard, natural fields as well as artificial turfs. These boots are frequently used by amateurs for training until their legs get used to the shoes with high studs.
- Indoor - designed for indoor or dry artificial surfaces and asphalt coating. Indoor soccer shoes usually have a rubber flat sole.
One more important feature deserving your attention is the usability. It's commonly believed that kangaroo leather cleats are the most practical ones due to their lightness and high flexibility. As a matter of fact, soccer cleats made of kangaroo leather have k-Leather mark. Many experts claim that this product is the most practical. The shoes made of full-grain leather are the second most popular type. Therefore, the conclusion is obvious - if you want to save money without sacrificing the quality of the shoes, then it's reasonable to decide in favor of the full-grain leather soccer shoes. Generally speaking, any leather shoes have excellent breathability. It's also interesting to know that over time the leather has the ability to stretch and conform to your feet, thereby giving a better control of a ball. Synthetic materials can differ, depending on a shoe brand. In general, this material is usually lighter and more durable compared to natural leather. What is more, it is characterized by water-repellent properties and provides easy cleaning.
In this respect, the weight, insole type, and proper after-game maintenance need to be given the consideration. When it comes to soccer shoes, the weight is definitely important. Every soccer player knows that high-quality, lightweight boots are the guarantee of a successful game (heavy shoes can slow down your running speed). Thus, you won't have to spend lots of energy during a game and will be able to focus on the game completely.
Besides, the shoe insoles are of particular importance for the shoe overall performance. It's very good when the insoles come with air pads in the toe and heel areas, for they can greatly reduce a knee-joint load. The soccer shoes can have removable insoles or shoe sole inserts. One more important feature to consider is a variety of the manufacturer's "hot" solutions, designed to facilitate gaming and bring more exciting experience during most intense competitions. This includes the laces, midsole, and other essential features that ensure maximum safety and convenience.