The curler has a "mushroom"-shape clamp, which is very close to the anatomical shape of women's eyes. Thanks to that, you will catch every lash regardless of its length and thickness.
It is rather pricey.
The Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler will help you create an amazing eye makeup. The curler is safe and very easy-to-use. The innovative silicone pad gently lifts and curls eyelashes without stretching, damaging, or causing any other discomfort.
Stainless steel, Silicone pad
One refill pad included
The massage head, which can be heated up to 107 F, is specifically designed to take care of the gentle areas around your eyes. Using it regularly will stimulate blood circulation, remove excess fluid, smoothen wrinkles, and eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
You'll have to wait 6-8 minutes until the device gets heated.
The Emay Plus is a 2-in-1 cosmetic device. It's one of the best heated eyelash curlers! With its help, your eyes will become more expressive. It requires only one AAA battery, and its charge will be enough for 20 two-minute procedures.
Heated eyelash curler and heated vibration eye massager wand
Plastic, Сhromed working elements
Separate on/off button, Power indicator, 2 protective caps
This makeup accessory is made of certified surgical stainless steel, which meets all hygiene, strength, and quality standards. Surgical steel is a hypoallergenic and very durable material.
This model may seem overly tight at first.
The Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler will make your look charming even with no makeup. The curler has an ergonomic shape and can help you quickly and effectively create an attractive bend of your lashes without being afraid of damaging them. This model is available in three colors.
Surgical grade stainless steel, Silicone pad
Satin travel pouch, 2 refill pads
With the special innovative design, the JAPONESQUE Eyelash Curler enables you to curl your eyelashes much faster and better. The body has a finger rest area, which ensures a reliable grip.
Replacing the pads is a bit uncomfortable.
The JAPONESQUE eyelash curler can boast not only high efficiency but also compact size. You can easily take it with you on the trips and look gorgeous in any situation. This model is available in pink and black.
Manual eyelash curler
Plastic, Rubber pad
2 refill pads
The handles of this makeup tool are equipped with the soft non-slip inserts which make the grip more comfortable. In addition, these inserts make the lash curler look very stylish.
It comes in a low-quality package box.
This is a good eyelash curler that will create an elegant bend and visually lengthen your lashes. The tool is made of high-quality durable metal. In addition, the set offers 2 silicone pads which are easy to replace if necessary. It is available in black and red.
Carbone steal Metal, Silicone handles and pads
3 refill pads, Non-slip grip
What Is a Eyelash Curler?
All girls want to look attractive. For this, they use a variety of different beauty tools. However, the eyelash curler is probably the most popular and accessible tool nowadays. These simple appliances can curl your eyelashes and make them more beautiful. With the help of an eyelash curler, you can achieve a gorgeous look even if you have not got long eyelashes.
An eyelash curler is a real salvation for girls with either short or long and straight eyelashes. Using this tool helps visually increase their volume and make your eyes bigger. Manufacturers offer women a wide variety of such tools. But how to find the best eyelash curler and look like a celebrity all the time? In our review, we have considered the 5 best eyelash curlers so that you can look at their features and decide which one will be the most suitable for your preferences and needs.
What Features to Compare
Eyelash curlers are a proven alternative to chemical perm. Just use it considerably and they will give a tremendous effect: even the straightest eyelashes will move upwards. On average, the result is kept for one day. If you compare the perm curling and natural curling, the differences are as follows:
- A chemical perm may injure eyelashes more than curlers if they are used daily. The reason is that even the most modern chemicals have aggressive compounds in their composition. Curling the eyelashes, they change their structure and slightly dehydrate. After chemical waving, eyelashes become weaker and thinner. Also, you might run the risk of the early loss of eyelashes.
- Perm procedures give a more lasting effect. On average, you'll have your eyelashes curved for 1 month. With the manual curlers, you can curl your eyelashes just for a day.
These are two main differences between the eyelash curlers and the chemical perming. It's up to you to choose.
How to Choose an Eyelash Curler
Unlike other cosmetic devices, the quality of eyelash curlers does not always depend on their price. When choosing, focus not just on their price tag and brand but also on the rubber pad between the clamps. The best models have well-fixed pads. It is not a good idea to purchase the device if the rubber part wobbles or looks flimsy. It should be elastic, perhaps even somewhat firm. If the curlers have a bad rubber part, it will be very difficult for you to curl the eyelashes. If you are going to use your eyelash curlers on a daily basis, then get the kit with extra pads. With frequent use, they wear out after approximately 2-4 months.
Now, you can find not only metal but also plastic eyelash curlers. Unlike metal models, plastic ones can be used after applying the mascara. They give the eyelashes a natural dramatic bend. However, they are not very convenient to use, so you will have to spend more time for your make up.
Curlers on the Spring
Some models have a spring allowing you to control the force of pressing. In fact, the spring prevents you from over-squeezing your eyelashes. It should be mentioned that the classic models of curlers without a spring is considered to be more durable since a spring can simply drop. Yet, if you are not going to use the tool too often and will be careful, this option is quite OK.
Thermal (Heated) Eyelash Curlers
Shu Uemura Eye Eyelash Curler
This legendary little thing needs no introduction. There are hundreds of curlers for eyelashes, but these are famous all around the world. The Shu Uemura eyelash curler, perhaps, is one of the most well-known and popular in its category. It curls fast and effectively and does not injure your lashes. This model offers a high-quality grip and durable rubber pad. This accessory boasts excellent ratings on the largest Japanese comment portal cosme.net - as many as 5 points out of 7.
The curler has simple but at the same time very ergonomic design. The bend angle allows you to curl your lashes perfectly regardless of your eye shape. And its design allows you to capture even the smallest lashes. The clamp is made in such a way that you can not accidentally catch the skin, as it often happens with other models. The silicone pad allows you to adjust the force applied. The pad is hard enough which is an obvious advantage. When used with mascara, eyelashes remain curled throughout the whole day. The product is marked as one of the 150 best cosmetic products in this type.
It comes packed in a box of white cardboard. In the kit, you'll find an additional/replaceable rubber pad made of silicone. The curler itself is silvery and will blend well with other beauty and makeup accessories. All the details are high-quality. At first glance, it is an ordinary eyelash curler. But the Shu Uemura eyelash curler can really make wonders.
How to Use
The working principle of the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is extremely simple: you bring the curler to your eyelid, "put it on your eyelashes" as close as possible to your eyelid, and clamp it like with the scissors. As a result, the eyelashes form a bend. You can hold the curler for a long time (15-20 seconds), but then the bend will not be so noticeable and the eyelashes will quickly return to their original shape. It is much more effective to repeat the procedure, pressing and releasing eyelashes very quickly for several times (4-5). Thus, you can form a sturdy curl. Do not stretch the eyelashes and do not stain them before curling, just press with the curler. With considerable simplicity, convenience in use, and fast effect, this accessory will create a very stable and sexy curl which hold up to 12-15 hours.
The Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is a beautiful device for everyday use. It will help you to make your eyes look bigger. This model will be especially useful for those who have an allergy to mascara but dream about chic lashes.
Emay Plus Beauty Wand
Women are always interested in eyelashes care because the eyes have a magical effect on people around. This Emay Plus device for eyelashes curling can safely curl your eyelashes without breaking or damaging them. It is easy to handle, light in weight, and takes up minimal space in a makeup purse. The effect of applying the Emay Plus 2-in-1 Heated Eyelash Curler and Heated Vibration Eye Massager Wand remains for a whole day. Eyelashes will definitely take the shape that you need. Want a passionate look of a hot Spanish girl? Or a humble Eastern woman? No problems. The Emay Plus eyelash curler will instantly transform your image and create a truly incredible glance! This beauty accessory with thermal effect is much more effective than traditional eyelash curlers.
This miniature heated eyelash curler is designed for even curling along the entire length of eyelashes due to soft and safe heat. By the way, it can be successfully used to curl lower eyelashes as well. Thanks to its compact size, this elegant device will fit into a handbag without problems. So, we can say that it is just perfect for everyday use as well as taking on business trips. You will always look incredibly attractive.
Here are the main features of this beauty tool:
- does not interfere with the natural growth of eyelashes;
- long-lasting effect after curling;
- suitable for daily use;
- a comfortable, fast, and safe way for hot curling;
- safety control to prevent overheating.
This model can also serve as an eye and face massager. This Emay Plus heated eyelash curler massages your eyelids and relieves fatigue after a hard day. Warm and gentle massage will help you in solving such eye problems as reducing high eye pressure and pain. If used regularly, it will restore normal blood circulation, which will contribute to the faster growth of your eyelashes.
If you do not know how it works, here are a few simple steps:
- Turn on the heated eyelash curler, wait until the appliance is ready for use (the LED will light up - it means that it is ready to work ).
- Place the wand directly on the line of the eyelashes growth, then gently move it to the top, combing the eyelashes and giving them the desired shape (just like when you apply your mascara).
- Hold for a few seconds, then release.
- Repeat until the desired effect is achieved.
- Do not forget to clean your eyelashes before using the device.
The Emay Plus 2-in-1 Heated Eyelash Curler and Heated Vibration Eye Massager Wand will instantly increase the length and volume of your eyelashes!
Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler
The American cosmetic brand Brilliant Beauty makes all its products excellent. The perfection is in every detail! This manufacturer produces high-quality makeup tools which are popular among customers of different ages all around the world. The Brilliant Beauty company offers reliable beauty products for professional and home use. Created by two enthusiasts, this dynamically developing American company keeps pace with the times and offers its clients the most effective and affordable accessories.
Want to get the eyelashes that you have always dreamed of? Give your lashes a brilliant bend with the Brilliant Beauty eyelash curler. This magic device for curling eyelashes will really help you look great at any time and anywhere!
This good eyelash curler is made of surgical grade stainless steel. So, this model meets all professional standards. As for the features of this curler, we would like to say that the company has created a clamp design in the way so that it can provide even pressure on the entire line of your eyelashes. It can emphasize the beauty of your eyes, providing no inching at all. You just need to "press and release" and this accessory will curl and "lift up" your eyelashes. This model is a novelty for bone straight eyelashes. And its rounded non-slip pads will never cause any damage. Ergonomic handles are specially designed for ease of use and complete control over the process of curling. The Brilliant Beauty eyelash curler is ideal for contouring the eyelashes before using a mascara. In the kit, you will find 2 extra silicone pads. This model can become a helpful assistant both for everyday makeup and for salon use.
The Brilliant Beauty Eyelash Curler is a cost-effective makeup accessory which offers you the following benefits:
- A brand new and high-quality product.
- It's made of surgical grade stainless steel.
- This innovative eyelash curler has a special curved design suitable for any eye shape.
- A silicone rubber pad distributes pressure so that curled eyelashes look natural. Besides, this pad prevents your eyelash from any damage.
- Place the Brilliant Beauty eyelash curler at the roots of your eyelashes.
- Gently but firmly grasp the handles together and hold them in this position for about 5 seconds.
- Carefully release and remove the curler from your eyelashes.
As you can see, the tool is really simple to use. Having chosen this model, you will become a lucky owner of ideally-curled eyelashes. It is suitable for both professionals and amateurs.
Always At Hand
The Japonesque company specializes in creating innovative accessories for applying makeup and maintaining the beauty of nails, eyelashes, and eyebrows. The company was established more than 25 years ago and now it is famous for its excellent product quality, innovative design, and the best materials used. Inspired by the beauty of the Japanese Kabuki theater, Japonesque covers a full range of tools: from luxurious brushes for applying makeup to false eyelashes and accessories for nail care. Japonesque was the first in the world to come up with brushes tilted at the angle of 150 degrees. These brushes make it possible to achieve a more natural makeup and to simplify the process of sculpting cheekbones.
Considering this Japonesque Go Curl Eyelash Curler, you will immediately notice its small size. Its foldable compact design and lightweight body allow you to always have it with you. This model will definitely become your helpful travel companion. The Japonesque curler is made of plastic. It is comfortable to hold and it does its job excellently. Developed by professional make-up artists, this model is designed for easy and quick eyelashes' curling. The convenient shape of the applicator makes it easy and quick for you to give your eyelashes an elegant bend. We recommend curling them before applying a mascara in order not to break or damage the lash structure. Inside the case, there is a removable pad, which is a nice touch. This pocket model comes in vibrant pink or classic black colors to choose.
It is recommended to grasp the eyelashes as close to the base as possible. Do not press strongly (eyelashes should not bend at more than 45 degrees when pressed), but keep each press for 3-5 seconds. This way, you will carefully curl your eyelashes.
Small yet Effective
Being a fairly unpretentious tool, the Japonesque eyelash curler is a really thought-out appliance. Just look at its pros:
- simple design;
- quick results;
- high quality;
- strong and stable eyelash curl;
- top-notch safety;
- very durable quality rubber pad (plus one more in the kit).
All for Your Beauty
Give your eyelashes an incredible bend with the FIXBODY Eyelash Curler. This makeup tool has the steel casing and ergonomic non-slip silicone handles which make the curling procedure comfortable and more manageable. The silicone pad guarantees the safety of the process - it will protect your natural eyelashes from mechanical injuries and brittleness.
This model is the result of long years of analysis and research. Its thoughtfully contoured body is fitted with a super-wide opening which ensures effective curling for any eye shape. Thus, you will be able to reach a natural charming bend of every single lash. Yes, the FIXBODY Eyelash Curler can cope even with the most fastidious stubborn eyelash.
This accessory is made of premium-quality metal which adds in terms of its durability and reliability. The pads and handles are of bright red color. This design solution makes the eyelash curler look very extraordinary and stylish. However, those users who prefer classics can purchase the model in black color.
The manufacturer thoughtfully includes 2 additional silicone pads in the set. Therefore, your accessory will serve longer and you will save money on buying replacement pads, accordingly. Undoubtedly, this curler is a great accessory for personal use.
This FIXBODY Eyelash Curler is designed in such a way that it should suit any shape of eyes and should not pitch an eyelid. It is recommended to use the curler before applying mascara since treated eyelashes become brittle and inflexible. The curler can injure them - either tear or break. In addition, the applied mascara can crumble. Do not worry if the first try does not bring you the desired result. Keep patient. On average, beginners need only a couple of days to adapt to the new device and get used to it. Try to curl only absolutely dry eyelashes. If needed, wipe them with a cotton pad or a towel. Even slightly damp eyelashes are difficult to curl and they are likely to quickly return to their normal shape. And a final tip - if you have heavy and hard eyelashes, use a waterproof mascara after curling. It will prolong the effect!
Did you know?
How Our Eyelashes Grow
1. 97% of the eyelash composition is keratin protein, which is also found in nails and epidermis. The remaining 3% is just water.
2. Eyelashes are bristly hair with a protective function - they protect our eyes from dust, dirt, and insects.
3. The lifespan of a single lash is about 3 months and their full regeneration lasts for 5 months.
4. Eyelashes grow in irregular rows: on the upper eyelid, there are up to 6 rows, and there are just 3-4 rows on the lower eyelid. The number of lashes on the upper eyelid varies from 100 to 260, while the bottom has from 50 to 160 lashes.
5. The length of eyelashes on the upper eyelid varies between 8-12 mm, and on the lower, this number makes 6-8 mm. They grow continuously at the rate of 0.12-0.14 mm per day.
6. The color of the eyelashes may differ from the color of the hair on your head. It depends on the melanin and the ratio of red, yellow, and black components. The more melanin you have, the darker your hair is. Age-related and hormonal changes can provoke the melanin concentration.
7. The eyelashes of an embryo in the womb begin to grow at the 16th week of gestation. Their length, density, and bend are determined by genetics.
8. Sebaceous glands located at the eyelashes roots produce a special lubrication secret, protecting them from dryness and preventing fragility.
Amazing Facts About Our Eyelashes
1. If you put together all eyelashes which fall out during our life the length of this chain will reach 30 meters.
2. Unnaturally long eyelashes can indicate hormone imbalance.
3. Taking certain medicines can slow down the hair growth (including eyelashes).
4. Men have longer eyelashes than women do. Blonde people have shorter lashes than brunettes.
5. Climate affects the thickness and density of eyelashes. The hotter it is, the thicker and longer your lashes are. This is due to their function of protecting eyes from ultraviolet rays.
Striking Statistics and Records
1. The record of the longest eyelashes in the world in the Guinness Book of Records belongs to Phuto Rav Mauli from the province of Mesok, India. At the time of registration, the man was 52 years old. His eyelashes were incredibly long - they reached up to 4.7 cm. When he pressed them against his face, they could touch the lower lip. Phuto has never used cosmetics promoting the growth of eyelashes. On the contrary, their striking length brings a lot of inconveniences for him.
2. Among animals, camels have the longest and thickest eyelashes. Most breeds of cats do not have eyelashes at all.
3. Contrary to popular belief, not only mammals have eyelashes. Some species of birds have them too.
4. The first prototype of mascara appeared 6000 years ago. It was called Kohl and made of ash, soot, coal dust, honey, and burnt almonds.
Q: If I get too close to the base of the eyelashes, will I squeeze my skin? I'm afraid to pinch myself.
A: This unpleasant situation might happen. In order to avoid it, follow this recommendation. As soon as you feel that the clamp compresses your skin, do not pull the tool but slowly unfasten and remove it from your eye.
Q: Can eyelash curlers be harmful to eyelashes?
A: If used daily, the curlers might be a bit harmful to your lashes. However, if you apply various protective oils and masks to your eyelashes on a regular basis, everything is going to be okay.
Q: Is it possible to use curlers on semi-permanent eyelashes and false eyelashes?
A: It is better not to use an eyelash curler for semi-permanent eyelashes or false eyelashes since you are likely to remove artificial lashes using this tool.
Q: My eyelashes have a curl shape. Can I straighten them with the help of an eyelash curler turning it in the opposite direction?
A: No, it's dangerous. The tool is not intended for straightening. If you want to straighten your lashes a little bit, then cover them with a mascara.
Q: What is the difference between lamination and eyelash bio-curling?
A: In case of bio-curling, the lashes are simply curved to the desired bend. But bio-curling does not strengthen the lashes themselves. When laminating, your lashes are nourished with a special nutrient mix which makes them thicker, longer, and also gives the hairline more intense and deep color. As you can see, the lamination procedure has much more advantages.
Q: Is it possible to make extensions for those who wear lenses?
A: Yes, why not? There are no medical contraindications to this procedure. Lenses, in this case, are not a hindrance. Many of the customers who wear lenses make eyelash extensions regularly.
Q: How long will the semi-permanent eyelashes last?
A: First, you need to understand that the growth of lashes like other processes in the human body has individual characteristics. The length, density, and growth speed of lashes are genetically programmed and we can not change them. The type of skin is important, too. If you have oily skin, your lashes will last less (fat dissolves glue). On average, the semi-permanent eyelashes last for 4-6 weeks, and then they need to be removed or corrected. Always remember to take care of your semi-permanent eyelashes to prolong their life. With proper maintenance, you can expect that your lashes will be fluffy and voluminous for at least 3-4 weeks. However, you may belong to those girls who can wear semi-permanent eyelashes for up to 2 months.
1. Camille Chatterjee The Best Eyelash Curler, Wirecutter. May 24, 2016.
2. Stella Rose Saint Clair Eyelash Curlers: Pro Tips On Shopping For The Perfect Tool, Beautylish. September 30, 2012.
3. How to Use a Lash Curler, wikiHow.
4. How to Use an Eyelash Curler, Superdrug.
5. Sam Escobar The 5 Biggest Mistakes You Make With Your Eyelash Curler, Good Housekeeping. November 23, 2015.
6. Stephanie Saltzman THIS EASY TIP COULD CHANGE THE WAY YOU USE YOUR EYELASH CURLER, Fashionista. August 18, 2017.
7. How to Use an Eyelash Curler, LiveAbout.
8. Linda Foster How to Use an Eyelash Curler, Everyday Health.
9. How To Use An Eyelash Curler: Expert Tips For Luscious Lashes, StyleCaster.
10. Eyelash curler, Wikipedia. January 17, 2018.
11. WATCH: This Is When You Should Toss Your Eyelash Curler, SouthernLiving.